PDA

View Full Version : Chapter 3: Free Mission - Creature Discomfort

Vuman
Oct 28, 2006, 12:12 AM
Hey guys. I'm having some problems getting an S rank on the Creature Discomfort mission in Chapter 3. My best time is 2:55 and I think I kill all the monsters, 300 points.

If there is a prize for this mission, how can I decrease the time? I have the saber equipped with a Power gun and a Buster on my palette. I also have the Pike from the previous chapter and the sword. Any suggestions?

Usually what I do is I use the Rising Strike (Level 7) photon art on a mob then finish them off with the buster. Still takes too long though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Ether
Oct 28, 2006, 12:19 AM
That mission is nearly impossible to s-rank as a hunter, S-Rank time is 1:50

If you want to see it S-Ranked as a force, check here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szkz0M8VIxU)

As for the prize, I think its just some room decoration, not really worth it

watashiwa
Oct 28, 2006, 12:22 AM
For a hunter, the best thing for you to do is come back when you're a bit stronger. Then just kill everything in one or two hits.

Abuse Tornado Break!

And for the flying guys, just FPS with a Handgun and own them real fast.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2006-10-27 22:23 ]</font>

Vuman
Oct 28, 2006, 12:46 AM
Wow thanks guys, I'll definitely remember this. BTW I'm playing as Ethan so no Fonewearls pwnage yet.

1:50? fgsfds

manlai
Oct 28, 2006, 04:50 AM
it actually wasn't that hard doing it as a hunter. 20+ should be sufficient. I was 20-24 when I got S. I did it with 3 sets of twin powerguns (or use photon charges... I just found it faster to just switch to a new set because they were pretty cheap). I just go John Woo style and switch sets when power gets low.

The first thing is to head right for the 2 flying mobs. You should be able to kill one in one shot so take your 2 shots for the 2 and then turn and head towards the red door. I didn't go into FPS, the cursor appears as soon as they spawn and I shot from there. You should be opening the door at about 55 seconds in, give or take a second or 2. The only advice I have for the areas between the first and last is to angle yourself so you run straight through the mobs just as you kill them and towards where you want to go. With the final area, stand close to where they come out of the brush and stand there and shoot. The right distance is about where your teammates will get involved just a little bit (which is to say pretty close). Stay in the same spot for the next set then turn and run at the 2 sets coming from the right. Aiming at the middle will usually get you to kill all 3 without having to move.

Alisha
Oct 28, 2006, 12:02 PM
On 2006-10-27 22:19, Ether wrote:
That mission is nearly impossible to s-rank as a hunter, S-Rank time is 1:50

If you want to see it S-Ranked as a force, check here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szkz0M8VIxU)

As for the prize, I think its just some room decoration, not really worth it

not really its easy i just got a sword from tenora works and spammed tornado break but you need to be stron enough where tornado break can 1 shot everything there other than the wyverns wich you need to shoot.

xdefx
Oct 28, 2006, 07:59 PM
i just did it today starting at level 16 hunter with 2 pistols (freeze element) and a rabarta staff. i aced it about 20 times before moving on. you just have to hustle ur butt off. and make sure u get all 3 enemies in 1 shot w/ ur rabarta