PDA

View Full Version : So a FiGunner is better than Fortefighter for fast melee?

Marks
Oct 28, 2006, 02:53 AM
If I want to use stuff like twin sabers and twin daggers, a figunner excels a fortefighter? I thought a fortefighter would be better in melee than all other classes...

-Break-
Oct 28, 2006, 02:54 AM
Fighgunners are more like a quick in and out melee. Fortefighters is just pure melee destruction. No big deal though, won't be seeing expert classes for a while.

Marks
Oct 28, 2006, 02:59 AM
Would a beast figunner be better at using twin sabers/dagger than a human figunner? I really like melee but my favorite types of weapons are the fast twin ones, I don't know if I should stay beast or remake human.

vash2022
Oct 28, 2006, 03:07 AM
This is a problem for me too, i want to do hella damage, but i like the fast weapons.

cobfab
Oct 28, 2006, 03:31 AM
Beast figunner wouldn't be better at using them, they would do more damage but if you want melee, go with fortefighter because they do the most damage in melee than the others.

Legenden
Oct 28, 2006, 03:55 AM
You might want to think twice before choosing a beast as a Figunner, yes your melee would be better but your gun skill could become a problem due to your lack of ata.
It all depends what you want with your character.
But again not sure how much it matters,..

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 28, 2006, 07:14 AM
just give it some time and experiement with which kinds of weapons you like better, fast and multiple hits or big ones? or think about stats, you want craploads of HP, ATP, DFP or do you want pretty high HP, ATP, DFP, ATA, EVP?

1337Beeb
Oct 28, 2006, 09:19 AM
ATTN : You don't have to use a gun.

Lyrise
Oct 28, 2006, 10:26 AM
It's a matter of evaluation. Just because the weapon ratings are there doesn't mean you use them better or worse. It's all about how much you can handle.

Ask yourself this: Do you think you can get your hands on an S Grade weapon? Then also ask yourself if you can get an A Grade weapon with some really absurd elemental ratio? Unless the S Level weapon has a good elemental ratio to it, or the attack power difference is huge, the A Grade weapon with the high ratio on it will ALWAYS outdamage the S level weapon. This is because element doesn't modify your output at the damage level, it modifies at the attack power level. Add that to the fact that Fortefighters generally have natural attack power, you can see where I'm going with this.

So for quick melee, I would say no. Fortefighters still do better than Figunners. Figunners can use S levels of the aformentioned types to cover the gap. But at the moment, all anyone can get access to are A Grade weapons anyway, so the argument is pointless. I know this, because I am a Figunner, and have played fortefighter.