PDA

View Full Version : So long, Twin Handguns; Hello Gun + Blade combo!

FenixStryk
Oct 28, 2006, 03:41 AM
In the beta, I loved Twin Handguns. Great SE apply rate, great speed and strength, and you could strafe. It was really something to admire. It's only flaw was that it ran out of ammo fairly quickly.

So, come retail, I started using Gun + Blade combos, and I LOVE it! Not only is there a lot of variation (Sabre/Dagger + Handgun/Mechgun/Crossbow), but they pack a punch and have exponentially greater lifespans on the field, since they both charge at the same time.

Sure, you're losing some SE apply rate, and a little damage compared to Twin HGs (until you go melee), but the advantages are so much better. You can reliably use all TENORA weapons and still rarely run out of PP. I do it all the time!

So, yeah. Twin HG Guntecher just got totally pwned by Gun + Blade Fortegunner in my mind. I'll buy some S-rank rifles and Grenade Launchers to solidify that view later on.

Aaomi
Oct 28, 2006, 03:56 AM
What I have liked doing is carrying around a pair or two of twins for the tougher targets. It is nice being able to unload a lot onto some tough monster. Then on weaker monsters I used the saber/handgun or rifle combos.

UltraDeeDer
Oct 28, 2006, 04:01 AM
I havnt seen it anywhere, since no one has expert classes but couldn't you also use a Claw as a blade aswell? Ofcourse not if you were a ranger type, but as a hybrid? Mmmm Claw + Crossbow...

Akaimizu
Oct 28, 2006, 07:06 AM
Still, I was able to buy some real nice set of Twin Powerguns!!! I love those puppies to death. Well, maybe not that far, as I'll definitely see better in the future. But for right now, they feel like the Energizer bunny of Twin guns. They keep going...and going.... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kjeldor
Oct 28, 2006, 07:35 AM
I stick to my Twin Sabers Twin Claws Twin Daggers Knuckles Sabre+Handgun and Double Saber Please http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif (also has another handgun a dagger and a claw in his pocket http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

I think im preped for world war 3 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

justbrak
Oct 28, 2006, 09:51 AM
I am a big fan of the Knife Gun combo. Simply because the knife PA allows me to cut through the enemy allowing me to flank them. I definitly keep te double guns loaded with a fire or ice for additional damage.

DreamLocke
Oct 28, 2006, 10:01 AM
Oh, I forgot about the knife/gun! I have to try that tonight. I'm at work 'til 7pm... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 28, 2006, 10:18 AM
I love the gun + blade combo. when I get my hunter to a figunner, I think I might use a saber + crossbow combo, seems pretty interesting IMO.

Flunky
Oct 28, 2006, 10:22 AM
Welcome to my world!

Dagger and pistol (or crossbow, later) has always been my favorite. Of course, I'll likely be going figunner or wartecher instead of fortegunner, but the blade-gun combo is just so versatile.

Alisha
Oct 28, 2006, 11:20 AM
in extra mode if absolutely love the claw + gun combo. single claw is insandely powerful and the pa is really strong. actually so far ive been pretty underwhelmed by twin weapons other than twin claws.

TheStoicOne
Oct 28, 2006, 11:24 AM
Alisha you finished story!?? I am slacking a bit, but still DAMN! I am in Chap 4!!!!!!

Shanira
Oct 28, 2006, 11:28 AM
You only need to finish chapter 4 to unlock extra mode.

Personally my fav is twin daggers to really lay the pain on things in melee. Though I do keep a saber/pistol combo around. Sometimes you just need to shoot things because either they're hard to get and keep into melee range, or because you don't particularly want to be meleed by them.

The saber goes with it because the knockup, I feel, better aids in the defensiveness of the combo for me. If something gets too close I can knock them up and back off again.

Alisha
Oct 28, 2006, 11:32 AM
On 2006-10-28 09:24, TheStoicOne wrote:
Alisha you finished story!?? I am slacking a bit, but still DAMN! I am in Chap 4!!!!!!

no im on chapter 10 i think at a place that looks liek shikon islands but has a different name.

Akaimizu
Oct 28, 2006, 11:38 AM
My current character lives on a set of great powerful twin autoguns, with lots of PP reserve and a decent regen rate. However, I always have a Saber/Pistol backup. I also find that the Spear is a really nice weapon, in itself. It skewers ranks of monsters and does surprisingly good damage in 3 hits.

As for the Saber, I use the knockup to work with my guns. My typical Saber aspect starts with 3 attacks, then goes for the Raising slash, and then I shoot it in the air a couple of times, and continue with slashes on the ground or switch to my Twin guns for the Coup de Grace.

However, normally. I usually strafe around and drill them with my favorite pair of Twin Autoguns with Freeze bullets. Take note, attack power is just as important as max PP, when considering a choice between which guns you like. If it takes less attacks to kill, it wont need as much PP to use from that reserve.

Randomness
Oct 28, 2006, 11:41 AM
My palette right now needs better handguns... They're useless!
Fire Wand, Earth Wand, a good rod with Resta, both fire, and Barta, and a Fire Longbow is what I'm using. I'm impressed by the longbow's damage.

Alisha
Oct 28, 2006, 11:42 AM
on my beast female and with ethan i really sparringly use handguns,like when a flying enemy is pissing me off or if i see enemies with fire element since ice shot is all i bothered to get.

Akaimizu
Oct 28, 2006, 11:46 AM
Very true about the handguns, Randomness. They do have to be upgraded to keep up with better monsters. It's like how the early twin handguns do just about nothing to the stronger monsters of 5+ lvl missions. So you need to go up to a gun attack power boost of 75+ after that. However, once you cross over the *no damage* hump in terms of gun power vs. monster; they do comfortable damage in short time.

I'm thinking guns can be an expensive hobby in terms of how often you need to upgrade them to keep good damage levels going up. But with Partner Machines and successful grinding, I'd guess it's not bad.

Still, I'm having fun with my Ranger. But since guns are my concentration, I tend to keep them at good levels for my character level. Right now, I'm saving up for armor and holding off for B rank guns.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-28 09:48 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Oct 28, 2006, 01:17 PM
I have a Tenora handgun/saber combo. It is awesome never have really any problem with pp. Just switch between handgun and saber. Only thing is I put frozen shot on my handgun. The proc rate is really low. Thinking of putting Lightning shot on it, or something else entirely.