PDA

View Full Version : Synthing and Photons

Rider
Oct 28, 2006, 07:01 AM
Okay I understand the whole Synthing thing except for the photons part. I read the guide on this sight, which helped alot but didn't answer my question.

My question is what exactly do photons do to the weapon? I know it's something like elements since there is dark, fire, light, etc etc. What does each one do to the weapon exactly? I ask this because I made a weapon with dark, which made it a purple color but I didn't notice it doing anything special. Also I'm about to put out 9k torwards a weapon board, so I would like to know what photons do to the weapon exactly.

Now if I can only decide between the dual or single handed for my weapon... Choices...

Diablohead
Oct 28, 2006, 07:17 AM
It means if you hit anything that is light based, dark damage is amped and does more, same with hitting a fire enemy with an ice photon sword / bullet.

Rider
Oct 28, 2006, 07:27 AM
Ah. So unless the enemy has a weakness to that, it won't do anything extra or it just won't do as much?

Also I'm guessing they don't get a chance to do the status effects right?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rider on 2006-10-28 05:44 ]</font>

Lyrise
Oct 28, 2006, 10:31 AM
On 2006-10-28 05:17, Diablohead wrote:
It means if you hit anything that is light based, dark damage is amped and does more, same with hitting a fire enemy with an ice photon sword / bullet.

Just to add to this, its not damage that gets boosted, its your overall attack power stat. So if your weapon has a 50% modifier to it, if you attack the opposing element, the damage calculation will happen with +50% to your attack power. Likewise in reverse, you can actually lose attack power. This is why some lower grade weapons with absurdly high elemental ratios cost more than higher graded weapons(In the Japanese version anyway).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2006-10-28 08:32 ]</font>