PDA

View Full Version : PSO GC fanboys... our cultures newest low

Agent_Reav
Nov 15, 2002, 02:06 AM
Ignorant, poor grammar, unexplainably loyal... Gamecube fanboys really really suck. Xbox has much faster load times than Gamecube in most of it's games. And how do you know if PSO Xbox loads so slow? It isn't even out... The only people who have played it are a select few of the media and they proclaimed it just as good if not better than the Gamecube's. Your argument is faulty. I own Xbox, Gamecube and PS2 but I know Xbox is the most powerful. Go pull up a spec sheet and be humbled! I love my Xbox for it's great games: MechAssault, Ghost Recon, Shenmue 2, Halo, Deathrow... But I also love my Ps2 and Gamecube for their various games: Shinobi, Resident Evil, Rogue Squadron, GTA Vice City... This isn't a system wars poll. It's a poll about PSO Xbox and GC don't change the subject. PSO Xbox will be leaps and bounds better than PSO GC simply because Microsoft's online plan is far superior than Nintendo's. If you have ever played on Xbox Live you would agree with me but since you probably still get your mommy to buy you your games and can't scrap up enough money to buy an Xbox you insult it. Grow up.

*Btw I dislike all fanboys by GC oens are getting more and more prevalent; This was a response to a poll at the front page* :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Agent_Reav on 2002-11-14 23:10 ]</font>

Vol_Opt
Nov 15, 2002, 02:18 AM
... Bzzt..

.. Comment unneccessary and illogical.. Bzzt.. No prevelance to gameplay.. Bzzt.. Flame war imminent.. Bzzt...

*Activates Flare Guard program v.001beta*

.. Bzzt..

Etrigan
Nov 15, 2002, 02:25 AM
What the hell?

Why do fanboys always complain about other fanboys?

haterade
Nov 15, 2002, 02:26 AM
*facepalms*

What kind of stupid post is this? What does this have to do with PSO right now? Why is this in General? Why are you complaining about being a fanboy when you are presently doing fanboyish things, such as flaming a system? Do you see your own hypocrisy? Do you even know where you are? Damn, I feel stupid for even responding to this... somebody slap this guy... god, I hate kids...

*EDIT by Abdur*
Watch the swear words, minors view this site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-11-14 23:56 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Nov 15, 2002, 02:54 AM
Hey, no flaming and watch the swearing guys. o_O

1. No "Lamers". Think before you post. Make sure your post will not offend others. Please try to stay on topic in accordance with the original post. Please try to keep your language clean if possible. We're a forum, not a bar or pub. Do not respond to flamebait. We'll handle it.

5. Respect EVERYBODY in the forum. Everyone's equal here. This forum isn't just for one group or individual. Flaming will not be tolerated. You flame, you get banned. Racist remarks or ethnocentrism will result in banning. So, don't.

Note: Flamebaiting, or throwing remarks at users in attempt to get them to flame you, is just as bad as flaming.

Ness
Nov 15, 2002, 06:57 PM
Really Reav, the word hypocrite appeared in my mind sevaral times when I read your post. Even though you claim not to be a fonboy you sound just like one. You say things without edivence.

I will have you know that In the Xbox games I've played and with the GC games I've played, I'd have to say that the load times are about the same.

As for power, even though Xbox has 733 mhz processor it is inefficient and thus in sot capable of reaching it's true potential. While the Gecko is highly efficient and can use all of it's power. Thus making it more powerful than the Xbox.

As for polygon performance,
Xbox- 125 million (predicted)
GC- 12-16 million (actual)

Who gives a fuck? Whether it's 12 million of 120 million you won't be able to tell the difference becaue the human eye is not that complex.

Well that's all I have to say for now. Bye.

Kupi
Nov 15, 2002, 07:30 PM
I'm on both sides of the fence, here... Reav makes a few valid points and doesn't sound like a fanboy to me, but comments like "you get your mommy to buy you games" and "grow up" are unnecessary. Still... please, everyone, note that he enjoys each system for its respective games. He's only stated that he feels that XBox's PSO will be superior due to XBox having the better online plans and system specs in the guise of an open insult. I can't deny that XBox Live is definitely better than "you can go online" for a web play plan, but specs don't always make the game. Ultimately, it's a matter of the community and just what Sonic Team adds for XBox's PSO, and both have yet to be seen. Let's all just play nice for now, alrighty? ^_^

Ness
Nov 16, 2002, 02:14 PM
On 2002-11-15 16:30, Kupi wrote:
I'm on both sides of the fence, here... Reav makes a few valid points and doesn't sound like a fanboy to me, but comments like "you get your mommy to buy you games" and "grow up" are unnecessary. Still... please, everyone, note that he enjoys each system for its respective games. He's only stated that he feels that XBox's PSO will be superior due to XBox having the better online plans and system specs in the guise of an open insult. I can't deny that XBox Live is definitely better than "you can go online" for a web play plan, but specs don't always make the game. Ultimately, it's a matter of the community and just what Sonic Team adds for XBox's PSO, and both have yet to be seen. Let's all just play nice for now, alrighty? ^_^

You'd make a good Mod, you that?
Also, have you read Reav's other post? He mercilessly bashes the Gamecube on several account. THis was just one of his kinder post.

DB
Nov 16, 2002, 03:09 PM
Bah... That's life for ya. Everyone takes a favorite anymore... It's their opinion and outlook towards something. If you're going to post on a board like this. You have to take others opinions into consideration. After all, you're reading them aren't you. And then you comment on their opinions. Remember... It never means you're right, or they're wrong. It's all in your mind.

LostHero
Nov 17, 2002, 12:33 AM
Isn't the term for this kinda crap trolling?

Losty's rating of this thread: Hypocritical, fanboyish and offensive to the heterovestite-sexual communities... two thumbs down.

DB
Nov 17, 2002, 03:04 AM
Well, guess I have to agree.. Fanboy shit sucks. And, Losty... You're getting damn close to 3000... o_O;

RedFox
Nov 17, 2002, 09:30 AM

Once textures, animation and other special graphical effects etc are added to an XBOX game the polygon count dramatically reduces to its more realistic figure of about 15-20 million (or so ive been told).

Loading times are also lightning fast on both systems (although i find the GC to load slightly faster)which leaves the performance gap between the two faily small.

Performance-wise the XBOX does have an edge over the GC but IMO XBOX PSO is likely to be the same as GC PSO bar a few minor alterations.

LollipopLolita
Nov 17, 2002, 10:18 AM
oh my god
just play whatever damn game you want to play and let other people play whatever damn game they want to play

Ness
Nov 17, 2002, 04:04 PM
On 2002-11-17 06:30, RedFox wrote:

Once textures, animation and other special graphical effects etc are added to an XBOX game the polygon count dramatically reduces to its more realistic figure of about 15-20 million (or so ive been told).

Loading times are also lightning fast on both systems (although i find the GC to load slightly faster)which leaves the performance gap between the two faily small.

Performance-wise the XBOX does have an edge over the GC but IMO XBOX PSO is likely to be the same as GC PSO bar a few minor alterations.

Like I said earlier, it doesn't matter how many polygons it can process our eyes can only handle 12 million a second anyway.

LollipopLolita
Nov 17, 2002, 06:35 PM
is it just me or, no matter how beautiful a game is, if the story or gameplay is crap, i still won't play it. good god, it just depends on what game you want to play. not thaaaat hard.

War_Child
Nov 17, 2002, 06:54 PM
Human eyes blow the big one. Won't be able to tell the difference. The only performance in(de?)crease is how it performs with the given controller, which to me, MS leaves something to be decided. Thus my opinion:

GC version > Xbox version

Just enjoy your damned game o_O

Eve
Nov 22, 2002, 06:36 AM
Im a PS fan person,who looks to the older PS games as well as PSO.

I have my preferences but i dont put down peoples choice of game.

Ness
Nov 23, 2002, 04:17 PM
On 2002-11-22 03:36, Eve wrote:
Im a PS fan person,who looks to the older PS games as well as PSO.

I have my preferences but i dont put down peoples choice of game.

I try not to either.