PDA

View Full Version : Offline Transfers to online?

DroolinBuddie
Oct 28, 2006, 10:01 AM
Question: does offline gameplay in Extra mode, transfers the stuff u gain from offline to online?

cause i'm currently level 28 offline in extra mode.
and i'm gonna play online soon, i'd like to know if i'm playin for no reason, basically i'm tryin to get a head start when i get online.

but i wanna kno if it does transfer or not. -_-' cause if it don't i'm gonna just play story mode....-_-''

cp99
Oct 28, 2006, 10:04 AM
No.

DroolinBuddie
Oct 28, 2006, 10:07 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOO DAMNIT!!!!! oh well -_-".....o_O"....back to story mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif...

Vuman
Nov 1, 2006, 06:46 PM
That would make Network mode pretty broken. Yeah I'll just transfer my dozen Gigush +10s and 7 star synthesis items and start off level 1 with awesum C-Ranks.

SailorDaravon
Nov 1, 2006, 06:48 PM
On 2006-11-01 15:46, Vuman wrote:
That would make Network mode pretty broken. Yeah I'll just transfer my dozen Gigush +10s and 7 star synthesis items and start off level 1 with awesum C-Ranks.

What he said. We've known since early this year (or before) that they would be completely seperate. It worked in PSO because all the content was available in both at the same time, which is far from the case here, especially since things seem to be much easier to get offline.

Flunky
Nov 1, 2006, 06:53 PM
Not just because things are easier to get offline, but because offline saves on harddrive. This means you can easily hack any of that info, just as somebody could in any previous PSO (in fact, there are already a number of offline hacks around). Online saves server-side instead to raise the difficulty of hacking, and allowing any offline data to affect that would compromise security.

Maxurion
Nov 1, 2006, 06:54 PM
Not to mention you get exp/ money a LOT faster offline then online.

Vuman
Nov 1, 2006, 08:23 PM
The thing is though now I'm going to be afraid to grind anything past 2 online.