PDA

View Full Version : Guns and locking?

Shanira
Oct 28, 2006, 10:46 AM
Well I've tried to figure this out for a while now. Is there any way to set and keep a lock on guns? Because whenever I switch to my pistol/saber combo I lock fine...

If I use the saber.

Soon as I switch to my pistol and try to keep a lock fwoom there it goes, gone. Which makes using ranged weapons a lot harder than I'd like.

Am I just totally missing something here?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shanira on 2006-10-28 08:47 ]</font>

DreamLocke
Oct 28, 2006, 10:52 AM
No. You can only strafe with ranged weapons. You hold a lock with melee only. Sucks, but you'll get used to it.

AC9breaker
Oct 28, 2006, 10:55 AM
If you notice, the recticle turns red when enemies are in your line of fire. Its the estimateion that if you shoot, you will hit them. Its not really too hard and personally I like the way it is.

Shanira
Oct 28, 2006, 10:58 AM
I find it very hard to do it like that, because the turny bits aren't half as accurate as I like (thank god I have a gamepad for PC) and when monsters overlap it tends to alternate, when I like to hit something til it dies.

Oh well, guess I'll stick with melee weapons then mostly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Funny thing though, I never actually use the lock with melee weapons, I'm far too fond of being able to wheel around while going berserk on things to hit something behind me that was about to hit me.

Realmz
Oct 28, 2006, 11:02 AM
I use melee lock to be more manuverable when i'm shooting. I always strafe a bit before heading into melee so that i can tag most of the mobs.

once you get the hang of it it's second nature (and if you use the keyboard i'd suggest remapping the camera/strafe key to your numberpad 0)

Diablohead
Oct 28, 2006, 11:03 AM
You can strafe untill you fire, so you can always use your head to align the shot.

Dusk21
Oct 28, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm a fan of how it works, it lets me strafe back and forth sweeping my fire over all the enemies. With a ranged weapon it doesn't matter when enemies die as long as they all die, cause I'm certainly not close enough to get hit by them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif. For a melee/ranged setup though you can do nifty things, if you need to get out of the way and behind the enemies let the gun go and with the melee lock on you can easily circle around the back and continue your fire from there.

Shanira
Oct 28, 2006, 11:10 AM
Hmm, well I'll get some more practice then. Maybe invest in a pair of guns as only having an offhand one is pretty situational to begin with.

On a different note I know you can change the name of your Partner Machinery in extra mode, I just don't see an option for it anywhere. God this game makes me feel dense sometimes. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DreamLocke
Oct 28, 2006, 11:14 AM
I like to mix range with melee...strafe to soften them up, then rush the mob with a PA. The only thing I hate is when you kill something in the crowd and completely lose your lock and end up facing away from them. I wish it would do better at locking the nearest enemy. Sometimes it works out, but it seems a lot of the time I get chewed up while trying to reorient myself.