PDA

View Full Version : Please use Normal: Set in Order when starting a game

Azure247
Oct 28, 2006, 12:40 PM
There are too many games with Give Finders and I believe its because they do not understand the way item distribution works. Set in Order will eliminate the greediness in anyone, and even if they still overdo their greed they wont receive most of the drops they picked up.

This will stop Forces and Rangers from having to deal with ninja looters and will make it fair for everyone. Its a big relief especially for Force carrying a Rod since we do not want to waste PP on breaking boxes.

RoninJoku
Oct 28, 2006, 12:46 PM
amen... even when playing with close friends I rely on this... Really relieves the stress associated with getting your share of the booty.

inferno10
Oct 28, 2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah I agree. I'm a hunter, and I notice that the forces and rangers often get left behind with boxes and drops. It's also amazing to see a ton of party members waiting at a box until SOMEONE ELSE breaks open the box in order to snatch the item. If you want to welcome forces, or just keep item distributions fair, do use Set in Order or at least Set Random to give them a cut of the findings.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: inferno10 on 2006-10-28 10:52 ]</font>

DarkSeph
Oct 28, 2006, 12:51 PM
I concur...even when playing with friends I had the problem with them getting greedy... Now just to clarify what I mean by that... I gave a friend my really really good weapon to play with at the time so he wouldn't keep complaining that the beasts were too hard and all I asked for was to get mates (mono, di, tri) in return so I could heal, didn't even mention rares and in fact I was letting him have all those no prob, didn't care....so what happens? He takes ALL the mates too.....GRRR.....

Aaomi
Oct 28, 2006, 12:56 PM
I set all mine to Normal:Set Order, and Rare:Random.

KiteWolfwood
Oct 28, 2006, 01:14 PM
Yeah same here. Normal in order, and Rare is random.

PLURSprout
Oct 28, 2006, 01:17 PM
I swear, it's annoying when it becomes more about racing to items than teamwork.

Bibberz
Oct 28, 2006, 01:27 PM
Hats off to the people here who enjoy the same item distribution as myself, it seems the trend is moving more towards this

Fin
Oct 28, 2006, 01:35 PM
Agreed... I don't usually get items in most parties, though I guess it's just to be expected. On the other hand, I prefer Set in Order for both when playing with my friends, only 'cause sometimes we just stand around waiting for/arguing that someone else should take the items http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

mananas
Oct 28, 2006, 01:40 PM
Why would you put random on rares? Doesn't that mean the same person could potentially get all the rares by chance? And I assume order means 1 person after the other... right? I use order on both... Can someone clarify this for me?

Getintothegame
Oct 28, 2006, 01:52 PM
I like either random or in order. It's really nice.

Kent
Oct 28, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-10-28 11:40, mananas wrote:
Why would you put random on rares? Doesn't that mean the same person could potentially get all the rares by chance? And I assume order means 1 person after the other... right? I use order on both... Can someone clarify this for me?

From my understanding, Set In Order makes it so it starts distributing items in a specific order, based on who joined the party first. Meaning, the first item would always go to the party leader (this should be right, at least). In theory, you could make a party, leave it once you're done, then make another party, and always get a rare each run (assuming one drops).

Set Random just randomly distributes the rares, amongst the party members. Nobody has priority, nobody's "next in line." This is why people use Random on rares; because the farther from the first person you are in a party, the less likely you are to get a rare item.

AC9breaker
Oct 28, 2006, 03:01 PM
I like putting random on all items. Rare and non-rare that way NOBODY knows who's getting what! Oh the excitment!

mananas
Oct 28, 2006, 03:09 PM
Set Random just randomly distributes the rares, amongst the party members. Nobody has priority, nobody's "next in line." This is why people use Random on rares; because the farther from the first person you are in a party, the less likely you are to get a rare item.

So could it be that the random option allows the possiblity for one person to (theoretically) get all the rares or is the order of the rares set in random, so that if 6 rares dropped in a party of 6 everyone would get a rare for example?

Edit: Wow, my longest sentence evaaar!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mananas on 2006-10-28 13:11 ]</font>

Shade-
Oct 28, 2006, 03:51 PM
I totally agree. Every party I'm in that is set to finders keepers are really tense. Gotta pick up the dropped item before I kill the rest of the monsters or someone else could get it sort of deal. People leaving the middle of battles to break boxes and take the items. With set order and set random, all that isn't a problem. we can focus on taking out the baddies, and then collect the items, and it dosen't even matter who picks them up.

I personally set all my games to set random: set random for all items. I dont like set order as much, at least for rares. Normal items being set order would be ok, but rares should really be random, because (at least with my experience) it's very unlikely to get 6 rares to drop in one run. Likewise, I avoid joining Give Finder games like the plague unless I'm just trying to hop to the outpost.

entropyboy
Oct 28, 2006, 04:00 PM
The reason i like Rare at Random and others at Set in order, is because you might not get very many rares in a run, so unless you plan on playing with the same people for long it makes it more fair.

Because so many regular items and meseta drop, the set in order makes it for fairer distribution.

it seems like people are starting to come around tho. in the beginning it was all ninja loot method, but i am seeing more of them changing. the cool thing is that i can concentrate on healing and nuking and not on picking stuff up.

Garnet_Moon
Oct 28, 2006, 06:14 PM
On 2006-10-28 10:40, Azure247 wrote:
Its a big relief especially for Force carrying a Rod since we do not want to waste PP on breaking boxes.

Even on De Ragan A I still have about 3,000 PP remaining for the boss when we get through and all I do is spam Radiga(close to lv20 cap), Diga, Barta and Resta. I do my best to break as many of the boxes first as I can.

Oh, and I leave parties if it's not set to Random. Don't care how nice the people are.

I just know when the first update rolls around there will be a better 2h staff than the Slyrods I carry with me... and when it happens i'm gonna stab myself ro spending 50k on them lol. Oh well, got another 50k atm so I should be able to get the next tier of staffs when they are unlocked... yay.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-28 16:20 ]</font>

Niki
Oct 28, 2006, 06:16 PM
On 2006-10-28 11:17, PLURSprout wrote:
I swear, it's annoying when it becomes more about racing to items than teamwork.

Welcome to the US servers.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 28, 2006, 06:22 PM
On 2006-10-28 13:09, mananas wrote:

So could it be that the random option allows the possiblity for one person to (theoretically) get all the rares or is the order of the rares set in random, so that if 6 rares dropped in a party of 6 everyone would get a rare for example?

Edit: Wow, my longest sentence evaaar!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mananas on 2006-10-28 13:11 ]</font>

yes but otherwsie party leader gets first rare and 6th person to join will liekly not get anything, a chance for it to happen is better than someone getting for sure shafted

Flunky
Oct 28, 2006, 06:53 PM
I was just about to make a topic about this.

Raise 'give finder' awareness! This is a (in my opinion) horrible disease that needs to be cured! Don't let your groups become havens for greed and envy! Stop using 'give finder' today!

Although I usually set normals to 'in order' and rares to 'random', I'll do anything that isn't 'give finder', that most heinous of choices.

ProfessorZ
Oct 28, 2006, 06:57 PM
Give finder is the best option for me because I hate buying stuff to synthesize. If a person goes out of his way to pick items I boot 'em simple and short

Garnet_Moon
Oct 28, 2006, 07:00 PM
On 2006-10-28 16:57, ProfessorZ wrote:
Give finder is the best option for me because I hate buying stuff to synthesize. If a person goes out of his way to pick items I boot 'em simple and short

So what about me, huh? I am stuck taking the 1,050+ Meseta at the end of an S rank run. Everybody gets it, but i'm the only one stuck with that one. Hunters and Rangers get the items ans meseta first because they are closer... why I haven't grabbed a single meseta drop since I started to party with people.

Now, the S rank reward ain't bad, but when everybody else gets it in addition to their ninja tactics, then it hurts. I love my random order drops because i've gotten 3 scape dolls that otherwise would've gone to people who don't need them when they solo.

McLaughlin
Oct 28, 2006, 07:16 PM
I once played a Random All game. found 2 Kubara Woods and Scape Doll. I picked them all up (everyone else was skipping the boxes altogether) and EVERY ONE of them went to the same damn person.

I got 2 of thew things I picked up throughout the whole run. I hate Random All.