PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Lag issues need to be fixed and pronto.

Ryven
Oct 28, 2006, 03:10 PM
This is really starting to piss me off. The lag is so bad, that EVERY time I try to join a game, I get a server interrupt request. And I do mean that literally, EVERY single time. I mean, I pay for the game, I pay for Xbox Live, I pay for my G.L., yet I still can't play the game? Crazyness. So my question is; Is anyone else experiencing this type of lag? I understand a little bit of lag, and that's ok, but not even being able to join a game? Rediculous.

PJesus
Oct 28, 2006, 03:12 PM
Haven't had any, really. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Ryven
Oct 28, 2006, 03:13 PM
Lucky, every time I join a game I FSOD for like one minute, then I get the server interrupt message. Sucks, really http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

EDIT: It shouldn't have changed. On the first day I was just fine, a small amount of lag but nothing to write home about.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryven on 2006-10-28 13:14 ]</font>

FenixStryk
Oct 28, 2006, 03:13 PM
Sound like your NAT isn't open. No problems here.

StratixEVO
Oct 28, 2006, 03:21 PM
Its the Account Verification System. You need to disconnect to the title screen and try again. I get the problem on and off, but I'm always on within 15 minutes (don't keep hitting 'retry'). They're just getting tons of traffic all at once. They'll fix it, I think they already cleared up most issues on the PC/PS2 servers. Frankly, I'm glad they're getting lots of people, I just hope those people can be patient for the first little while, lol!

Soulwatcher
Oct 28, 2006, 03:28 PM
What lagg? I havent had any lagg sense I bought the game.

AppieDPC
Oct 28, 2006, 03:29 PM
I'm just gonna ask anyway even though it might be something else that's causing it: got a shitty ISP?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AppieDPC on 2006-10-28 13:30 ]</font>

-Black_Tiger-
Oct 28, 2006, 03:35 PM
I have extra fast Cable service and my bro down stairs play FFXI on PS2 24 hours a day on the same line.

I haven't experienced any solo lag like on the Beta so far. I assume the only instances of lag I'd see would be when someone with a crappy connection tries playing online(this happed on the Beta and you could always see who it was).

I haven't played in any huge teams since the Beta.

I wish you could get a bandwidth rating or something over a character's head so you could narrow it down before letting someone join your party.

People getting online with dial-up, low speed cable or second rate dsl defeats the whole purpose of XBox Live's broadband only setup.

Now, I have a screwy new router and I get problems like the author mentioned if I don't disconnect my 2 PCs. This didn't happen with my last router and is not a bandwidth or Sega server problem.

entropyboy
Oct 28, 2006, 03:52 PM
the PC version i am playing is running very smoothly. i played the 360 demo and was worried the PC version would be the same.

g00dman12
Oct 28, 2006, 05:31 PM
Im just geting a lil bit of lag when im runing around in the world

parabolee
Oct 28, 2006, 05:42 PM
For the most part the game runs great fpr me. I'm just annoyed about the run/stutter thing, every game I have played suffers from what I can only imagine is a lag issue that comes from poor server programing.

In PSO players would run smoothly most of the time, sure there would be some vanishing and appearing somewhere else, but that was rare.

So far in PSU players run, stop, run, stop, run repeat. Looks crap. Doesn't spoil the fun but I don't understand why PSO never suffered from this, even on broadband!

Camdino
Oct 28, 2006, 06:33 PM
Ya I get the same as Parabolee, and this happens for me even on almost empty servers with one other person in group or sitting in lobby.

Kura-X
Oct 28, 2006, 06:50 PM
i can never get an s-rank on a mission because i always get disconnected midway.

Ryven
Oct 28, 2006, 08:38 PM
For anyone that cares, I figued out the problem. I know this is gonna sound a little weird, but I've tested it 10 times at least. See I never had that problem while using my Wireless Name Brand Xbox360 Controller, but, when my batteries died, I tried using an aftermarket controller, a Joytech. I know this sounds crazy, but whenever I try to play with that controller it won't let me join a game. Now when I put batteries in my wireless one, it works fine. Sorry for bitchin at ya Sega, keep up the good work.

Tygrus
Oct 28, 2006, 10:07 PM
I hate the way everyone in the lobbies look like puppets until you get close enough for the features to show up. It's really distracting. PSO ran better on a 56k modem.