PDA

View Full Version : New weaposn with class raise?

Mercury777
Oct 28, 2006, 03:15 PM
When you level up you Class through mission points, do you gain access to new weapons? I noticed Ethan has access to a whoooole lotta weapons that Hunters in Network mode don't. Is this just a Story Mode thing, or will a high level Hunter actually be able to access all of those things?

AC9breaker
Oct 28, 2006, 03:17 PM
Advance jobs and weapons will be available through weekly updates. When ST finally decided to start these updates for NA version is still unknown though.

Mercury777
Oct 28, 2006, 03:23 PM
I don't mean the advanced classes, I mean new weapons for the base classes as they level up.

Mercury777
Oct 28, 2006, 03:24 PM
Also, while I'm asking, is there any way to change your character's name after chargen? Or is that set in stone once you hit confirm?

Zakuro
Oct 28, 2006, 03:30 PM
You only gain access to new weapons when you change class, which can also remove the ability to use other weapons. Ethan doesn't play by the normal rules and no network character will be able to use the variety of weapons as he can at one time.

Mercury777
Oct 28, 2006, 03:38 PM
Wow, so base Hunters won't get access to axes and such? Huh. Thanks, Zakuro.

Thrash777
Oct 28, 2006, 04:17 PM
What a class can use is shown when you go to change jobs, the only thing that changes as you level them up is what RANK of those weapons you can use.

And no, you can't change your name after you have created that character.

AC9breaker
Oct 28, 2006, 04:38 PM
Hunters, Rangers and Forces are primative jobs only used to gain access to the other jobs. Once you unlock the advance jobs , those jobs become obsolete. You would be gimping your self by continuing to play these jobs if you already have all the other jobs unlcoked.