PDA

View Full Version : Guntechers?

Kasey
Oct 28, 2006, 07:13 PM
Is anyone else, weak in the knees at the idea of this class? I'd like to get other opinions on it before I start to set my course. I dont know if I want to be a Ranger or a Force and with the Guntechers I get to be both, although I dont want to be horribly gimp compared to other Expert classes.

Miller
Oct 28, 2006, 07:24 PM
If guntecher got S-rank bows they would be brilliant. exclusive access to S-Rank Dual Pistols, Machine Guns, and Crossbows is very nice though.

McLaughlin
Oct 28, 2006, 07:26 PM
You'd be a status effect master >_>

One of the great things about PSU is that no matter what Job/Race combination you use, you're never "gimp". Anyone can play anything they wish and still be effective.

I'm staring at you FFXI...

Niki
Oct 28, 2006, 07:27 PM
On 2006-10-28 17:24, Miller wrote:
...exclusive access to S-Rank Dual Pistols, Machine Guns...

I love the idea of the Guntecher, but these are the two worst weapons in the game. It's a shame, really, but S-Rank isn't everything.

Kasey
Oct 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
Yeah, I wish they got S-Rank Long Bows.. that would have sealed the deal for me. I'm in such a bind. I like the class idea, but I dont like the weapons they're stuck with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

UltimateCarl
Oct 28, 2006, 07:30 PM
I like the idea. I liked RAmarls in PSO, and they're kinda' similar.

Mainly, though, I'm a support freak, and support is what they're for. They do pretty crappy damage, and most of their stats honestly aren't that great... But with Level 30 Bullets and Techs, WHO CARES? They can buff and heal you as well as possible, and with S-Rank Dual Pistols and Level 30 Bullets, they're going to be status effecting EVERYTHING.

They're probably going to be the least popular class next to Protransers initially. I think they'll rise in numbers eventually but there won't be too many. It'll be a difficult class to acheive in the first place, and still not even that simple to play once you are one, but I think they'll be damn useful in a party. Hence, I think after a few pop up, they'll become that one class "that everyone wants in their party, but no one wants to play".

Fortunately, that's the type of class I _like_ to play. XD

Niki
Oct 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
@UCarl : Excellent point.

@Kasey : It's a hard road, but you'd be all the better for walking it.

Kasey
Oct 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-10-28 17:30, UltimateCarl wrote:
I like the idea. I liked RAmarls in PSO, and they're kinda' similar.

Mainly, though, I'm a support freak, and support is what they're for. They do pretty crappy damage, and most of their stats honestly aren't that great... But with Level 30 Bullets and Techs, WHO CARES? They can buff and heal you as well as possible, and with S-Rank Dual Pistols and Level 30 Bullets, they're going to be status effecting EVERYTHING.

They're probably going to be the least popular class next to Protransers initially. I think they'll rise in numbers eventually but there won't be too many. It'll be a difficult class to acheive in the first place, and still not even that simple to play once you are one, but I think they'll be damn useful in a party. Hence, I think after a few pop up, they'll become that one class "that everyone wants in their party, but no one wants to play".

Fortunately, that's the type of class I _like_ to play. XD

Status effecting?

UltimateCarl
Oct 28, 2006, 07:44 PM
On 2006-10-28 17:38, Kasey wrote:

Status effecting?

Yeah, Rangers get "Bullets", which are similar to a Hunter's PAs. They have a lower chance to hit, but do a bit more damage, and can cause status effects, like freezing the enemy in place, poison, possibly lowered stats, etc.

Kasey
Oct 28, 2006, 07:51 PM
On 2006-10-28 17:38, Niki wrote:
@Kasey : It's a hard road, but you'd be all the better for walking it.

And that is what sets me down the path of a GunTecher.. thank you.

TheStoicOne
Oct 28, 2006, 07:56 PM
I really wish for expert class specific wear!!! Guntecher clothes would be haught!

TheStoicOne
Oct 28, 2006, 08:13 PM
So what race/gender would make the most statistically pleasing GTchr?

UltimateCarl
Oct 28, 2006, 08:26 PM
Hard to say. I'd personally go with Casts or Beasts. Guntechers mostly have their Techs for support. They have pretty low TAP, so even a Newman Guntecher isn't going to be doing impressive damage with Techs, and besides, you're going to be spending most of your time shooting to cause Bullet effects or casting heals/buffs. Both Beasts and Casts have high survivability, with Beasts slightly more in the front from having higher HP and EVD, and trading off a bit of DEF for MST to balance phys/tech defense a bit more. Both have high ATP, and while you won't be doing much damage no matter what, you are going to be primarily shooting, so you might as well boost your damage as much as possible. Casts do have the highest ATA, though, which is very appealing considering that your primary goal will be hitting with Bullets.

On the other hand, Newmans could balance out the stats a bit. Guntechers are more biased towards Physical attacks, so Newmans could make you equally good with both. Guntechers have pretty good EVD, too, and the Newman's having the highest EVD stat could capitalize on this. They've got the second-highest ATA, too, which I've already gone over being useful.

So if you really wanted my opinion the order for GunTecher usefulness would be:
Cast Male
Cast Female
Beast Female
Beast Male
Newman Female
Newman Male
Human Female
Human Male

Note that this doesn't mean that I think the ones on the lower end would suck and the highest ones are the only ones that should be played. Guntecher is a pretty flexible class and can do well regardless Besides, these are just my opinions.

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 28, 2006, 08:31 PM
Beast? I think those are both of their weaknesses, I think it would be newman as #1 or 2 as those are the two things they are really good at, and a human as #3.