PDA

View Full Version : Rafoie, Rabarta, or Radiga?

Razanar
Oct 28, 2006, 07:22 PM
I need a new AoE spell for my 10 Force. Trying to hit every enemy once with Barta isn't cutting it. Radiga would be nice since I don't have earth yet and a lot of annoying enemies are lightning, but is it any good? Does it have the sheer power of Rafoie? And how is Rabarta?

I know eventually I'll pick them all up, but I'm trying to conserve money. Thanks.

Ether
Oct 28, 2006, 07:26 PM
Radiga is the first aoe tech I got, its stronger than rafoie in raw power, plus as you mentioned there are a ton of lightning enemies on Parum

Garnet_Moon
Oct 28, 2006, 07:29 PM
Diga: 350-650 damage per single hit.
Radiga: 250-320 damage per strike.

It just does wonders on all forms of enemies no matter what element they are. I stopped caring about barta and zonde for playing tag when I learned how to strafe and aim my Radiga to hit new targets.

Razanar
Oct 28, 2006, 07:35 PM
Wait, Zonde hits multiple enemies too? Is it a jump like Gizonde from PSO, or is it a straight line?

And I think I'll go pick up Radiga then. Is Diga stronger than Foie out of the box?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 28, 2006, 07:38 PM
On 2006-10-28 17:35, Razanar wrote:
Wait, Zonde hits multiple enemies too? Is it a jump like Gizonde from PSO, or is it a straight line?

And I think I'll go pick up Radiga then. Is Diga stronger than Foie out of the box?

Zonde travels in a line like Barta as well, and occasionally paralyzes people. It penetrates multiple enemies and because of this the base damage is significantly less than Foie and Diga, even on enemies of the weaker resistance. It's a smaller line than Barta is, even Tier 2 Zonde, but the paralyze can be useful I guess.

Diga will always do more than Foie. Now, matching Foie with frost-based enemies... that would be something to try out.. sadly my Diga is lv16/17 and Foie is lv6, so I can't do it. lol...

Radiga is lv15/16 and Rafoie is like, 1. >___>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-28 17:39 ]</font>

Pengfishh
Oct 28, 2006, 07:48 PM
So, Radiga is declared the winner? I was wondering this myself.

drmcst45
Oct 28, 2006, 08:04 PM
i went with rabarta as my power house.

its not really as strong as i hoped but the ice affect is cool. It's only level 17 rabarta with a level 2 freeze but im hoping the freeze level will go up soon

DMG
Oct 28, 2006, 08:16 PM
<3 Radiga. I didn't even bother to buy Rafoie yet admittadly.

I will give a shout out to Razonde though. I usually fall back onto that when I want to play defensively.

As others have said though, for raw power nothing tops Radiga.

Pengfishh
Oct 29, 2006, 10:02 PM
I have been happy with Radiga. Techs are SO HARD TO AIM THOUGH AGH.

Flamingo99
Oct 29, 2006, 10:04 PM
Ether, your sig scared the living shit out of me.

ecchichuu
Oct 29, 2006, 10:07 PM
Radiga stronger than rafoie? I do not know if the percentages were changed online, but I do know that offline, Rafoie is the most powerful Ra-spell. Just check those tech percentages and you will see.

Edit: Nevermind. JP Wiki says radiga is strongest. Maybe my memory's busted.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ecchichuu on 2006-10-29 19:26 ]</font>

A2K
Oct 29, 2006, 10:32 PM
I do believe Foie spells are purposely weaker in raw damage because of the added burn status effect.

BigBadWolf
Nov 3, 2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah raw dmg might be fun now against lower level mobs, but when you start to get up their in the higher levels when the weakest mobs boost over 1,500hp then you'd be glad for the burn effect of Foie, and the freeze effect of barta.

I also want to mention that the burn effect of Foie actually prevents the mob from attacking you. When set on ablaze, most mobs runaway to a safe spot for a few seconds until it wears off.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigBadWolf on 2006-11-03 14:01 ]</font>