PDA

View Full Version : completed Story Mode! one of the greatest stories and adven

Saner
Oct 28, 2006, 08:50 PM
Wheeeeeeee~! The story mode is 10000 times better than expected! whee now I'm gonna hop online but Story Mode is truly worth playing through!

I played story mode through the PS2 version (ocassional slowdown in heavy battles but it never bothered me.) and having played the Xbox360 beta, the PS2 version is beautiful enough as it is (the loading times are not bad either). of course the Xbox360 version looks and runs better but PS2 version already does a fine job with the visuals and performance with what's available.

but that aside, PSU's story mode has become a new legendary favorite! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif It's so perfectly balanced in all areas, pacing, cutscenes, side missions, and there is not even any real level grinding required. all the enemies you beat in story missions is pretty much enough to clear the next story mission's enemies.

of course it gets harder but with enough skill and preparation, players can progress at a satisfying rate. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

but ya the characters are soooo endearing and the story itself is not too complex yet deep enough to involve many interesting and exciting things! There are a few twists I didn't expect but overall it's really full of heart and passion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/burger.gif

So ya I just wanted to share that. I'll play the story mode again on Xbox360 sometime again and again in the future but ya now its time for online mode!

oh ya and if ppl wonder if the ending is worth the progress. Well ya can't judge the whole story by the ending, every single chapter is important and special. But ya for your information, the ending is worth it and 'ends' at a plesant and wonderful note. PSU's story mode is truly a masterpiece, great job, Sonic Team and Sega! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

oh ya and after the credits, I had to summon a sweatdrop. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif but ya it's really worth it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-28 18:51 ]</font>

Garasu
Oct 28, 2006, 08:53 PM
O_O...have you even been online yet..?!

Shiro_Ryuu
Oct 28, 2006, 08:58 PM
well, I haven't been online yet either. I'm still in Chapter 9 right now.

Saner
Oct 28, 2006, 09:08 PM
On 2006-10-28 18:53, Garasu wrote:
O_O...have you even been online yet..?!

I did play the online Xbox360 beta.

but why do you ask? something happened online?

DONTOSE
Oct 28, 2006, 09:12 PM
dude how did you complete the story so fast it just came out.

im only on chapter 5 man you most play all day long

MaxyGuy
Oct 28, 2006, 09:14 PM
I also completed story mode yesterday.. it's only about 25h long... but great ^_^;.

* After Credits Spoilers * o_O
V V V V V V V V

After the ending credits,
Ethan and his gang keep talking about network mode and that you should play it now! O_O;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaxyGuy on 2006-10-28 19:20 ]</font>

Saner
Oct 28, 2006, 09:15 PM
I played sine I got it Thursday. Ya I been playing all the time I could. I wasn't rushing I just wanted to experience the whole story as soon as possible (almost like how people watch a whole movie in one sitting. but of course it's waaay longer than a motion picture. so ya took me like almost 3 days to complete it. ) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

well Im gonna go online with Xbox360, but ya I look forward to playing story mode again and extra mode eventually, but ya online is calling me so ya that's another important part of these games, lol. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Saner
Oct 28, 2006, 09:16 PM
On 2006-10-28 19:14, MaxyGuy wrote:
I also completed story mode yesterday.. it's only about 25h long... but great ^_^;. After the ending credits, Ethan and his gang keep talking about network mode and that you should play it now! O_O;;

aaah you should've marked spoilers before saying that. But ya that was very surprising. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MaxyGuy
Oct 28, 2006, 09:16 PM
sorry.. I dunno how ^_^;;..

Thrash777
Oct 28, 2006, 09:27 PM
I was very careful reading your first post Saner... I thought you forgot to put SPOILERS in the title, but it turned out it was ok! lol hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif:P

xxravenxx
Oct 28, 2006, 09:27 PM
im on chappter 4 in story, i play online till my sister wanrts the internet then i play offline story mode, its awsome in both modes!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!lol

Neo_Arcturus
Oct 28, 2006, 10:54 PM
I just completed story mode today myself. I was surprised when i read that it only took 24 hrs and change. Didn't stop it from being an awesome story though.

FenixStryk
Oct 28, 2006, 10:57 PM
Great story so far, I'm on Ch. 8. A little annoying, though, since the AI is dumb as heck.

ShadowDragon28
Oct 28, 2006, 11:50 PM
With my college classes and going out with my gf, i've only had like a total of 7-8 hrs to play story mode on Chp. 3 and having fun with playing the first Free Mission to level up Ethan.

I am really liking it so far, the controls take a little getting used to on the PS2, since they feel a bit different from PSO. But where is the cute purple haired "Space Channel 5" style girl???

I hope the didn't remove her from the FMV...

Icecold
Oct 29, 2006, 12:01 AM
I just beat it like 10 minutes ago. w00t I got mine wednesday. Well, now I'll go online! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ryogen
Oct 29, 2006, 12:04 AM
I'm enjoying story mode so far. So many people hating on it before they played it. It's really good so far.

-Crokar-
Oct 29, 2006, 12:06 AM
im in chapter 6 halfway through . in only 6 hours of playing it.im enjoying it. after i beat it im going to play extra mode for awhile as i cant play online.

Kanore
Oct 29, 2006, 01:18 AM
Hm. Is it that good? I just hopped online to race everybody leveling so I never really got into the story mode hehe

kyori
Oct 29, 2006, 03:41 AM
The story is an unoriginal cliche and contrived piece of trash thats badly written and directed. Not even the A+ seiyuu in PSUJP could save it. Minus Magashi (Wakamoto always delivers!)

PSO 1/2/3 had more substance than PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-10-29 01:42 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Oct 29, 2006, 03:56 AM
Real life on Earth is a cliche and contrived piece of trash that Nature badly 'wrote; when it created the human race and which free will is badly directing, not even religion could
save it. See, I can can be harsh and overly negative too.

No need to pee on everyones cherrios. To each their own though. We like it, you very strongly dislike it. Let's agree to disagree then?

kyori
Oct 29, 2006, 05:32 AM
You can be cliche and still present it differently to make it worthwhile. The tales series tends to do this well. PSU on the other hand fails on so many accounts its not funny. What does you folks liking it mean? Total lack of taste. Liking utter crap in other words.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-10-29 02:34 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
Oct 29, 2006, 05:51 AM
As such, purely subjective and ephemeral. It's a fucking videogame not Tolstoy or Shakespeare. No need to insult those with differing opinions.

Saner
Oct 29, 2006, 12:42 PM
On 2006-10-29 01:41, kyori wrote:
The story is an unoriginal cliche and contrived piece of trash thats badly written and directed. Not even the A+ seiyuu in PSUJP could save it. Minus Magashi (Wakamoto always delivers!)

PSO 1/2/3 had more substance than PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-10-29 01:42 ]</font>

well someone doesn't appreciate the story mode's wuvable story and characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

and saying PSO1/2/3 had more substance is an insult. all the characters and plot in the PSO story felt shallow and even more cliche. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

everything is cliche nowadays so it's no surprise.

the only tragedy are those who end up not liking it, but oh well, they miss out on something that's actually better than their perspective allows them to see. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sinue_v2
Oct 29, 2006, 01:32 PM
I, for one, was severely dissapointed with the storyline mode. Much better than PSO, mind you, but still....

The storyline was far, far, too upbeat and cheerful "Believe in yourself and you can do anything!" type of fare for a Phantasy Star title. Phantasy Star history, including PSO, is steeped in tragedy. Well, except for Phantasy Star I, but then - it didn't have some lame upbeat feel-good message to give the players. Phantasy Star II was downright masochistic to players, and every other one has has been bitter-sweet at best. PSO's ending theme "Can you still see the light" hit the nail square on the head.

Mirei's death was not unexpected, or shocking, the way Nei, Alys, or even Rico's death (to a lesser digree) were. This is most likely because Mieri was not a very intricate character to the overall storyline. Nei and Alys were powerful main characters, and their death's left the party partially broken. Rico's death was a bit shocking because even though she was gone, she was still with you the whole way through her communication terminals. She was your very reason for being on Ragol in the first place. Karen's removal from the party was, imo, unnecessary and cheap. If she was going to be removed, I'd rather that she have died and left Mirei so weakened that she could no longer do divinations - causing chaos in the C.O.G as they try to keep that fact from the public.

Also, the whole sealing away of the SeeD thing botheres me. Now, I like fanservice, but not in this instance. It seems like Sonic Team is trying to put just enough connections into PSU to connect it to the original series - without actually connecting it, same as with PSO. In this case, and if you were to connect them in any way, it would take place millions upon millions of years before PSI - PSO. In such, the great conflict between the Great Light and the Profound Darkness (which was originally a war between a race of spiritual beings - not a single being who split) happened roughly 16,000 years before PSU and wiped out both races. The "Guardians" were left behind on each planet in the system to watch over the seal. Of course, there are no Motavians or Dezolians in PSU's time - but that's not to say that these races didn't come later as either evolutions of current PSU races, or begun as genetic experiments - such as the original PSU races were.

Oh.. and I don't like the fact that they left Dark Falz/Force out of it. It wouldn't have been as bad if Megashi had been a better villan, I guess, but a Phantasy Star without Dark Falz is like a Final Fantasy without an effeminate lead character with a mysterious past. Megashi as a villan has no motivation for his actions. In contrast, even Phantasy Star I's Lassic (despite the age of the game) excelled PSU in this - as Lassic was a good and honorable ruler before being seduced by the darkness out of a fear of death. This is a real shame, because I liked Megashi as a villan and would have loved to see his character fleshed out more.

Now, of course the two series are not connected - and I'm chasing shadows with this one - something that's not PSU's fault inherantly. However, I can't help but feel that PSU's storyline as a whole cheapens the franchise.

In any case, I'll be doing a full transcription of PSU's script in case anyone wants to know the storyline but doesn't want to bother with offline mode. Not to mention, I want to give back a little something to the community after posting scripts of the other games which other's have written. It won't be done for a little while, but I'll try to put up at least one chapter a week. Just the main script at first, with sidepages filling out miscellanious NPC conversations to follow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-29 10:39 ]</font>

sulfate
Oct 29, 2006, 01:34 PM
saner saner saner......its a psudeoscience

Numnuttz
Oct 29, 2006, 01:37 PM
im on the last ch now and so far i think the story is okay. its not horrrible but its not great. its just decent and i think it tells you a decent story for what its worth. ill just say this though, if i was to buy psu for the offline story mode alone, i think id end up passing on the game.

Sinue_v2
Oct 29, 2006, 01:47 PM
As such, purely subjective and ephemeral. It's a fucking videogame not Tolstoy or Shakespeare. No need to insult those with differing opinions.

No, and noone is expecting a videogame to be a litterary work on that level. However, there is a certain amount of effort and originality which would be nice to see. Even if it's just ripping off an actual litterary work and molding it to the game's need. Again, look back to Phantasy Star II which takes much of it's theme and tone from H.G. Wells's "The Time Machine". (I.E. Humans v. Algolians is compairable with the Morlocks v. Eloi) IMO, it had a much better storyline than PSU, even though it accomplished it using less dialouge and text than even 1 chapter of PSU.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2006-10-29 10:49 ]</font>

ShinMaruku
Oct 29, 2006, 03:23 PM
It's a shame people actually had hope for this things story, Sonic Team just doen't have it in them they don't have the will of Capcom's production Studio 1/3.
I agree thta they nbeed to push the story better and thta mena they mioght acutlly have to look for wrtier's talent rather than they come up with bullshit.

Sinue_v2
Oct 29, 2006, 03:55 PM
Forget Capcom... It's not like they don't have the talent already in-house. They should have just made the project a collabortion between WowWorks and Sonic Team. Let Reiko and Tohru handle the storyline, and let Miyoshi and his team handle the gameplay and programming.

Personally, I'd like to see WowWorks handle the art direction as well - but alot of people seem satisfied with Sonic Team's handling of that so I won't raise a big fuss on that point. It's not bad, but I do like Rieko's designs better.

Thrash777
Oct 29, 2006, 04:24 PM
Careful with any spoilers here people, I've already had one apsect of the story ruined for me. I don't want another! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Aion_Clyuve
Oct 29, 2006, 04:51 PM
I enjoyed the story, and loved Magashi as a character, but they never went into why he did what he did. You had no clue what his motivations were, or even what he was trying to do really. Aside from that though, I liked it.

ShinMaruku
Oct 29, 2006, 09:42 PM
On 2006-10-29 12:55, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Forget Capcom... It's not like they don't have the talent already in-house. They should have just made the project a collabortion between WowWorks and Sonic Team. Let Reiko and Tohru handle the storyline, and let Miyoshi and his team handle the gameplay and programming.

Personally, I'd like to see WowWorks handle the art direction as well - but alot of people seem satisfied with Sonic Team's handling of that so I won't raise a big fuss on that point. It's not bad, but I do like Rieko's designs better.

That'd be Ideal as Wow Workds could really put out stuff. I mean Skies of Arcadia was brilliant.
I put Capcom as remarkable becuase thwy activly persued some telnts they ahd varios thigns to pur over, Sega got the talent just Sonic Team has the "We don't need them niggaz help!" attitude to that I guess and they ahve no idea with they had the story to match their game play they'd be it to beat.

Capcom is seeing that and I appelaud them. It's time for Sega to acitvly make some in house collaberations on the next few seris.

A2K
Oct 29, 2006, 10:24 PM
Does Sega Wow even exist anymore? http://www.segawow.com/eng/

I was actually quite pleased with Story Mode. Admittedly, it's not award-winning, but is it Phantasy Star (online and classic)? I say, "Hell yes."

It's closest in feel to Phantasy Star IV. Not all that dark (certainly not Phantasy Star II dark) but it has it's memorable moments, my favorite being Karen's goodbye at the end of Chapter 7, punctuated by that one last sparring match before she's taken away. Admittedly, the dialogue before that with Mirei was more than a little corny--perhaps a flashback scene or otherwise going more into the short time Karen and Mirei spent with one another would have helped a bit. Mirei's death was shocking, although not one that particularly close to home since up to that point she was a rather minor character--the fact that it leads INTO Karen's ascension, though, made it more worthwhile.

The Gates of Denikaya/Confinement System twist was a bonus for me. To think it is, more or less, a large-scale version of technology you've been carrying around since the beginning--the old school nod making it all the more sweeter.

Admittedly, it would be nice to know what the hell Magashi and the rest of the Endrum Collective were up to, but hopefully we'll learn more about their motivations as more Episode 2 chapters are released.

kyori
Oct 29, 2006, 11:37 PM
Ep2 focuses on a new beast. The Illuminous.

As I've discussed before, one of the things that really hurts PSU is its episodic nature. Or at least if they had made it 26 instead of 12 it might have turned out a lot better. Instead you're left with horrible pacing and filler up until at least chapter 7 for the first real "shock" then its just a total rush to the end with no real development or substance. Most of what happened was extremely predictable in all nature. IE Don't tell me you didnt think that mysterious newman in 12 wasnt Karen

Also its really no insult at all to mention 1/2/3. There was a lot more going on the side in those games even if it was little, it was still cryptic and had closure. IE the little girl looking for her parents, dr. oslo, or that android looking for her master. They all eventually somehow were tied in with the events and doings of Pioneer 1.

-Crokar-
Oct 29, 2006, 11:58 PM
ill have it beat tommarow and i like the story. then its extra mode for me till christmas unless i get a job which isnt likely

Tystys
Oct 30, 2006, 12:02 AM
I am also enjoying Story Mode. It's a real surprise. On chapter 6

Shanira
Oct 30, 2006, 12:41 AM
Well, I just finished story mode and I like it. If that makes anyone think I have poor taste in stories, well, ... um, can't really be bothered with caring. An entertaining story doesn't have to be a masterpiece, it can even be a cliched story that simply makes you care about the protagonists.

It's certainly not worse than the standard fair for RPG console games out there.

I do wish they had fleshed Magashi out some more, as well as the motives of the Endrum Collective and why he decided to play on the other side of the fence, so to speak.

EDIT: And really, I'm miffed that both times humanoid Magashi gets stabbed it was a cutscene. I wanted to gut the bastard!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shanira on 2006-10-29 21:42 ]</font>

kyori
Oct 30, 2006, 01:11 AM
And thats what I said earlier about tales and many other rpgs. Clicle is fine! WHEN IT'S DONE RIGHT. PSU in no way left the mold and tried to at least be original with it. Anywho, there's not much care or love here that the story does for its characters. A total lack of development after all. There's infact a whole crowd of Ethan haters I last recalled. Perhaps low standards is a better term for liking this mess.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kyori on 2006-10-29 22:12 ]</font>

-Crokar-
Oct 30, 2006, 01:42 AM
i figured the story was going to be boring and half retarded so im pretty impressed with it

ZeldaSerenade
Oct 30, 2006, 10:37 AM
I just finished Story Mode myself, this morning at about 3am. It was a ton of fun. The characters are so awesome, the story is good (it held my attention the entire time. and kept me guessing what was to happen from chapter to chapter), and the enemies and missions only get more challenging as the dungeons progress.

Time for online mode for me as well. Be on the lookout for a Female Newman named Zelda Serenade, hoping to become a Force/Ranger someday ^o^

Beautian
Oct 30, 2006, 07:10 PM
I played through it, just finished about half an hour ago. Did I enjoy it? Yes, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I don't regret buying it, or beating Offline. But in no way does that mandate ignorance of how it could have been much, MUCH better.

Just up and abandoning the sunspot connection to the SEED? I gave this game ROOM, and thought of possibilities! When I saw the black/blue core inside the sun hologram thingy in the Confinement System, I thought that when the Unification Point was reached, DF would just BURST out of the sun, pissed and ready to rock! Maybe they'd make the SEED into some ancient guardians meant to stop mortal races from unlocking DF's prison! Maybe the ancient civilization's relics come to life and we find out that the ancients created the SEED and attempted to use them as super duper energy sources! SOMETHING other than: "SEED are bad. Go kill them." 'Ok.' *a bump in the road* *kills them* "Yay you killed them!" 'Yep. Let's go home.'

Just THROWING Ethan and Karen at each other and calling that a significant ending point? They did training, went on a handful of missions (not including the ignored/assumed ones we didn't directly participate in), talked about her mother, and took a breather while going to the Sacred Grounds. At LEAST put a date in the equation, some hangout time, a snowcone, SOMETHING. Make it into an authentic relationship rather than "teehee, Ethan gets nervous/anxious around her or when he's confronted about possibly liking her."

Making Magashi into a a Seymour wannabe and stripping him of any villainous qualities/ambitions/reasons short of being an evil-sounding quasi-badass?
Magashi looked cool! That is not to be denied! But COME ON. "Let me kill a doctor with nanobots, grab Ethan by the neck, backstab rogues, get my ass kicked in a couple fights, keep coming back, then somehow merge with this edition of DF (or a DF knockoff) and die." ...Why? Because he was bored? Because he felt like it? Because he took orders from some ambiguous figure/organization that wasn't given any attention?

There's a limit to how much you can use the "That's what the expansion is for," excuse. That limit was completely overshot. You're supposed to want the expansion because it's the continuation of a good game, with even more story that you can get into and enjoy, NOT because it's the sole hope people depend on for filling in the gaping chasm the first one left/established. Again, did I enjoy the game? Yes. Will I still go Online? Yes. Will I still get the expansion(s) when/if they ever come? Yes. But even though I respect and acknowledge how much you people love/like the game, at least understand that there are problems with it, problems that preference/opinion won't undo, and that people like kyori aren't the devil for observing and bringing them to light.

Shanira
Oct 30, 2006, 07:35 PM
and that people like kyori aren't the devil for observing and bringing them to light.
I think it's the sweeping generalizations made against those who said "hey I liked it anyhow" that went down the wrong way, not the observations that it could've been better, which I agree with.

If anything Magashi as a character deserved to have more of his motives known. He was hatable enough in his current incarnation, sure, but there wasn't the same loathing you get when you fully understand the despicable motives of an primary antagonist.

TheStoicOne
Oct 30, 2006, 07:38 PM
To someone who completed story mode, I'm on chap 12 right now and I need to get the mission initiated
I have already gone throug the Movie sequences, and I have already talked to Leo and Tonnio, now all I need is to go from there, I have also already talked to my PM who had nothing useful to tell me, only crap about the confinement system, and the hive! AAND I have been to all 2!!! Yes 3!! Planets gardian's branches, and the Guhral communion, and I have talked to so many npc's its not even funny!! HWLP!!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheStoicOne on 2006-10-30 16:41 ]</font>

Shanira
Oct 30, 2006, 07:43 PM
TheStoicOne:

Go to the alliance military base on Parum, west end of the city.

TheStoicOne
Oct 30, 2006, 07:47 PM
THANKS!!! LOVE U 4 IT!

Hatecrime69
Oct 30, 2006, 08:46 PM
Just got psu saturday here, not online yet (but i think i really want to this time, with the issues of pso gone) but i've been addicted to the story mode since i got it, in chapter 8-9 atm and it's so much fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and it's funny by comparison when i play extra mode..extra mode has all the same stuff in it, but doesn't feel as much fun without the story http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Shanira
Oct 30, 2006, 09:21 PM
I'm finding extra mode kinda dissapointing. I played it for a while earlier then resolved to finish story mode so everything would be unlocked. All well and good but I still can't buy any parts for my CAST that weren't available at chargen. (in fact at least one part that's available at chargen isn't even available in shops in extra mode)

BeeYee
Oct 30, 2006, 09:24 PM
im not gonna go online, too much for me, and my parents would rant about it, but im very satisfied with the story mode, chapter 8 at the moment, chapter 7 hit me.

TheStoicOne
Oct 30, 2006, 11:12 PM
"There's a network MODE?"
OMG!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Big ups to Saner And Shanira for this wonderful topic and that great advice!! This game was great!!

Xanto
Oct 31, 2006, 12:46 AM
Yay, I finished story mode about 10 minutes ago...all in all I'd have to say that I was surprised and pleased with the length of it, considering PSO had no great story of it's own, it was good to actually have one with PSU, I only wish the ending had a little more to it. Now if all goes well I'll be online on the 1st of November.

FenixStryk
Oct 31, 2006, 01:38 AM
On 2006-10-28 19:14, MaxyGuy wrote:
After the ending credits,
Ethan and his gang keep talking about network mode and that you should play it now! O_O;;Hah, I didn't think you were serious until I saw it for myself. I was half-expecting it, but it was definetly funny. That Hyuga! xD

Pacpunk
Nov 1, 2006, 12:07 AM
i have to say the ending was so beautiful. i was crying on the inside. lol jk but all in all it was a good game. now ON TO ONLINE MODE!

ChocoboChad
Nov 1, 2006, 12:18 AM
Congrats... I still have a lot more to go. I'm near the end of chapter 3.

Good job man. See yeh online maybe.

Saner
Nov 1, 2006, 02:25 AM
On 2006-10-31 21:07, Pacpunk wrote:
i have to say the ending was so beautiful. i was crying on the inside. lol jk but all in all it was a good game. now ON TO ONLINE MODE!

ya why can't more RPG games have wonderful endings like that!? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

the entire story is wonderful! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saner on 2006-10-31 23:26 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Nov 1, 2006, 03:17 PM
Happy endings suck.

Though I do supposed they couldn't have had TOO tragic an ending, since online supposedly continues the storyline. It would have been nice if Ethan died though.

Numnuttz
Nov 1, 2006, 03:21 PM
when the main hero dies itas always good. i think it makes the story better when the hero dies. the hero becomes a sacrifice in order for the people. that sounds good to me.

Derieke
Nov 1, 2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah he should have died, maybe his bad voice acting will never live again.

Thrash777
Nov 1, 2006, 04:17 PM
lol, be careful with the spoilers guys http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Remedy
Nov 1, 2006, 04:30 PM
How many chapters in all is it?

Saigan
Nov 2, 2006, 02:14 AM

uhawww
Nov 2, 2006, 02:30 AM
Wait until they start releasing the Online Story Missions in English.
Having played the first two on JP servers, all I gotta say is:
"wtf. Things sure as hell fell all to crap again in 3 months."

Bluecowbank
Nov 2, 2006, 02:40 AM
Finally got it yesterday, on 9 or 10, not sure.

Zorafim
Nov 2, 2006, 02:51 AM
I still don't know what the deal with Magashi was, though. Seriously.

Zorafim
Nov 2, 2006, 03:15 AM
Something I didn't like was that there was no explanation to the seed. I at least wanted a "A wizard did it" excuse, but they're just some random evil life forms.

People praised or cut down on Ethan too much, too. He never did anything worthwhile. If he would have never become a guardian, nothing would have changed.

And again, there's the Magashi thing. He's just a random evil guy that headed a random organization that was corrupt because people said it was. What was up with kidnapping the A-photon scientists anyway?

I did enjoy playing though it, but after around ch.7 I started feeling disappointed, feeling like I was promised more. I think I may have even liked PSO's story more, since they at least had the whole "A wizard did it" thing to it. No great evil that was created by a greater evil...