PDA

View Full Version : That's Private! Analysis goes too far for beggars?

AzureBlaze
Oct 28, 2006, 11:04 PM
Frusterated with not having people's names displayed above their heads in PSU like PSO had...

(damm this option! I want it! I hate endless ghosts that take 10min to load and then only 1 name at a time!)

I set to analyzing people. (put the yellow target icon, push like...X I think) but who thinks the analysis goes TOO FAR?

I'm fine with it showing people's parts, clothes or even what they're equipping, because that's all stuff you'd SEE and recognize normally. Like "Oh that guy is wearing Levi's and Reebok's".

But I could go up to anyone, access their whole inventory, flip thru all their pages, see how much money they had. That stuff is private! This is an open invitation to moochers and beggars to harass people to "gimme this! gimme that! I read it out of your inventory!" It is also unrealistic.
Is anyone upset?
Do you care that others can see ALL of your details?
Do you like it for snooping purposes?

rythmic
Oct 28, 2006, 11:07 PM
Um, you can get the names above peoples head.

Don't know the keyboard command for it if youa re on the pc. I use a ps2 controller for my pc version and I hit the first right shoulder button to get to show names like in pso.

as for the character anaylize thingy. I haven't thought much about it.

BlueFire2k5
Oct 28, 2006, 11:08 PM
Frusterated with not having people's names displayed above their heads in PSU like PSO had...

A little off-topic, but there is a way to get the names to show above people's heads. In xbox 360, you can click the left joystick to toggle through the different modes of name showing. I'm not sure what the commands are on the other systems. but I'm positive there is a way to do it on them, too.

BooChan
Oct 28, 2006, 11:14 PM
I agree with whole private analysis thing. it seems PSU took an idea from W.O.W in that regard. I don't want people to know what I have. Of course your going to have some beggars using that to their advantage. I can see it now" "hey, let me get that spare calibur you got?"says some random person. It would be nice if you can have the option to allow it or not.

HyperGear
Oct 28, 2006, 11:17 PM
CTRL key on PC

JaiBlue
Oct 28, 2006, 11:27 PM
Noob:*Opens character analysis*
Noob:Can I have double saber plis?
Me:No.
Noob:Plis, I giv meseta.
Me:No, go buy your own.
Noob:Plissss I beg you.
Me:NO! it's not for sale, and I'm not giving it away go over there and buy one.
Noob:NO, I buy saber ye?
Me*goes to room and waits 10 minutes* <===gotta love the room option. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Auronp
Oct 28, 2006, 11:28 PM
I've run into this problem first hand. On a group mission one of the members went into my inv. and saw that i had 12k. So he asked me like 90 times for 5k. I told him i was savin up for armor and blast badge, but he kept askin and askin. It does get annoying cause now you cant just say "srry i'm broke or dont have it at the moment".

Sammy
Oct 28, 2006, 11:30 PM
Blacklist them till they shut up.

TheStoicOne
Oct 28, 2006, 11:34 PM
PM!! Its your new best friend! I guess this is the new way to virtually pick-pocket :?

MayLee
Oct 28, 2006, 11:42 PM
I don't want people snooping either.People are so rude, they see something and ask and ask and ask. If someone is going to do that to me I will explode.

JaiBlue
Oct 28, 2006, 11:44 PM
On 2006-10-28 21:42, MayLee wrote:
I don't want people snooping either.People are so rude, they see something and ask and ask and ask. If someone is going to do that to me I will explode.

No one better not annoy my precious maylee.

MayLee
Oct 28, 2006, 11:45 PM
On 2006-10-28 21:44, JaiBlue wrote:

On 2006-10-28 21:42, MayLee wrote:

No one better not annoy my precious maylee.

Hehe http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

Spacepest
Oct 29, 2006, 01:21 AM
On 2006-10-28 21:28, Auronp wrote:
I've run into this problem first hand. On a group mission one of the members went into my inv. and saw that i had 12k. So he asked me like 90 times for 5k. I told him i was savin up for armor and blast badge, but he kept askin and askin. It does get annoying cause now you cant just say "srry i'm broke or dont have it at the moment".

I didn't realize this game had a check function.

You know maybe its just me, but after always dropping meseta when dying in PSO, now I always stick my extra meseta in the bank. Just a habit...it now either goes in the shared item bank or my PM holds it. So if anyone bothers to check me, it probably looks like I'm constantly broke, unless I'm directly on the way to a store to buy something. In which case its a mere matter of minutes before I'm broke. XD

NeuroNomad
Oct 29, 2006, 01:25 AM
Yeah put your meseta in PM storage, at least they can't tell them how much you have.