PDA

View Full Version : Would the PC or PS2 version be better for me?

Kronovan
Oct 29, 2006, 12:08 AM
I'm planning on buying PSU, but I'm not sure what version I'm going to purchase: PC or the PS2. My gaming PC is only connected to my Sony 30" HDTV. Any PC games I play must support a widescreen resolution of 1280 x 720 and an aspect ratio of 16:9 for the optimal effect. Since the PC version of PSU doesn't support widescreen, I'd have to run it in a 800 x 600 window. I don't currently own a PS2 but I have enough credit on my EB edge card to cover the entire cost of one.

So I'm looking for some feedback as to what would be the best version to get. Should I get the PC version and run it in a 800 x 600 window on my 1280 x 720 screen. Or should I buy a PS2 and get the PS2 version and run it full screen at 480i; I'd connect the PS2 via component cables.

My PC spec is: XP64 3200, GeForce 7600GT, Audigy II, 1 GB RAM, so it should have more than enouth power for PSU. I have run some games in 800 x 600 windows before on my PC and have had problems reading text if the game doesn't use a large font.

I don't own a X360 and don't plan on buying one in the immediate future; so that version isn't an option. I've never owned a PS2 but have a GC connected to my HDTV and it looks good; PSO Ep.1,2 looked very good indeed! I also don't mind the extra cost for a PS2 since I'm also interested in playing a few of the PS2 exclusives.

Please note I really don't want this discussion to be a PC vs. PS2 flame war. I just want to know what would be the best version of PSU for my specific circumstances and setup.

Knownoes
Oct 29, 2006, 12:11 AM
I don't believe that the PS2 nor the PC version can support widescreen. I'm sure someone could clarify that though.

JaiBlue
Oct 29, 2006, 12:13 AM
Your pc dosen't seem to bad, but with your current ram your bound to have problems with future updates. The ps2 would be the better choice (in my opinion) because you have portability and the errors are few compared to what you could be facing for the pc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2006-10-28 22:15 ]</font>

Kronovan
Oct 29, 2006, 12:18 AM
It doesn't matter if the PS2 version doesn't support widescreen because my HDTV can accept a 480i signal with a 4:3 aspect ratio and display it correctly. In fact this is the way in which my GC is currently connected and the display is very good.