PDA

View Full Version : PSU: What's extra mode like?

Shadow__
Oct 29, 2006, 03:41 AM
I'm in the UK so PSU ain't out here yet http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I've been reading the website and saw a thing called C-mode where you can make your own offline character once you've done a bit of one player mode...

I just wanted your opinions on it....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shadow__ on 2006-10-29 02:21 ]</font>

Garasu
Oct 29, 2006, 03:49 AM
Extra mode you mean...same as online..

Shadow__
Oct 29, 2006, 05:16 AM
............... So extra mode is the same as PSO offline but better?

TwilightSea
Oct 29, 2006, 08:24 AM
Extra mode = offline network mode.

Mitz
Oct 29, 2006, 08:45 AM
You follow the story and do custom missions with your own created character. Only it is completely seperate from online.

PJesus
Oct 29, 2006, 08:55 AM
It's like a cross between online and offline... Its like online where you have your own made character and can run around at your leisure, but its like offline because you have your photon eraser etc and can only do the things you've unlocked in story mode.

Nash
Oct 29, 2006, 09:04 AM
I'm in the UK, so can't go online either. But I've got a US PS2 and PSU, so been playing through Story and Extra mode, and so far I like all the changes.

It's PSO just with alot of added depth in nearly every area.

Carlo210
Oct 29, 2006, 12:52 PM
You can only do what you've done in Story mode. If you haven't finished the chapter where you go to neudaiz, than you can't go to neudaiz in extra mode.

Shanira
Oct 29, 2006, 12:54 PM
I've puttered about in extra mode a lot but isn't one difference (I'm not sure since I'm not online yet) that extra mode doesn't have any story missions, only free type missions, and online does have a few story missions?

Chimeria
Oct 29, 2006, 12:58 PM
People are really making extra mode sound good.
I like extra mode. You can create your own character and do watered down versions of the story mode missions. The only problem with extra mode is that it might get a little boring because you can't talk to NPC's and all the missions are the same...kill the monsters en route. No cutscences either. Basically Extra mode is like multiplayer PSO with only single player.

Animosity
Oct 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
i recomend finishing story mode then going to extra mode so that theres more to do.

Chimeria
Oct 29, 2006, 01:14 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:13, Animosity wrote:
i recomend finishing story mode then going to extra mode so that theres more to do.

yeah. I'm on chapter 9 yet...it still seems a bit..lackluster but fun.