PDA

View Full Version : Partner Machine: Same or Opposite? (Strategy Question)

PhantasyK2
Oct 29, 2006, 09:53 AM
So...I was reading this awesome link (http://www.psupedia.org/index.php?title=Partner_Machinery) here on Partner Machines but it didn't help me with whether or not my PM should match my Character type or be an opposite.

Specifically I'm wondering if:

-As a Force should I raise a Technic PM since they can synthesize Force items at the risk of being too similar on the battlefield when the PM joins me or,

-Should I raise a Fighting PM and have it Melee on the battlefield while I stand back and do the usual Force thing

Any tips?

Thanks!

Pangborn
Oct 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
Well you being a force and all id think that youd need a fighter, same goes for a ranger. So id increase its ata

Jasam
Oct 29, 2006, 02:38 PM
I think the general feeling seemed to be it was best to use multiple characters, having a STR/DEF PM on your force, and using anouther charcter for the Force Weapon making

shadowfoxwolf
Oct 29, 2006, 02:56 PM
that is tough well i'd say go with raising the stats you want it could be a hunter PM that could create ranger weapons fairly easy not my idea of an ideal PM plus i would say it matters on the character

Feelmirath
Oct 29, 2006, 03:05 PM
If you're planning on raising 2 characters, I'd suggest making a fighter PM, then a pure Technic PM on your 2nd character.

Still, that's just my opinion.

PhantasyK2
Oct 29, 2006, 03:34 PM
Thanks, guys - I will be raising multiple Char's so I really like the opposite approach - good advice!

Kankidan
Oct 29, 2006, 06:21 PM
Im curious what level of "production" does the partner machine need to reach in order for it to evolve in to its new form? If i just keep leveling its range when will it change?

CypherErebus
Oct 29, 2006, 06:38 PM
Yes, at lvl 80 overall its evolves into a humanoid form.

Kankidan
Oct 29, 2006, 07:18 PM
wow so, it wont be able to help me in combat till level 80? thats amazingly far away lol. Or are there more then one evo state?

Ether
Oct 29, 2006, 07:27 PM
PMs evolve at levels 20, 50, and 80. Only the level 80 ones can fight in combat though

Kankidan
Oct 29, 2006, 07:35 PM
What item gives the most range exp to the PM? Ive been giving it burn traps, and they give about +6 per trap.