PDA

View Full Version : About Grinders

Suetto_Rai
Oct 29, 2006, 10:53 AM
I synthed some of these not too long ago but I can seem to utilize them for my weapons...can anyone help me out with this?

Flunky
Oct 29, 2006, 11:16 AM
Once you've made a grinder using a grinder board and base, unequip the weapon to be grinded and head to the company's headquarters- Kubara weapons should be taken to the 2nd floor of the station, Yohmei to the Neudaiz shop, GRM to Parum, and Tenora to Moatoob (since we can't yet access Moatoob online, we can't grind Tenora weapons. This is no good). Once you're there, simply talk to the person at the grinder counter. You'll be told a rough chance of success. Fail, and the weapon is destroyed completely.

Auronp
Oct 29, 2006, 12:18 PM
Has anyone made Kubara wepons yet? I've heard talk of them but i assumed it was on JP servers. Im like lvl 22 now and havent come across any boards to make them yet

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 29, 2006, 01:13 PM
Never, ever, ever grind a weapon unless you have rank 3 luck stars.

Miharu
Oct 29, 2006, 02:17 PM
I'm having the same problem, I have 4 C class grinders in my invetory but when I go to the grinding shop it says none are present ; ;

Sorenia
Oct 29, 2006, 02:25 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:13, Guilty-Mirage wrote:
Never, ever, ever grind a weapon unless you have rank 3 luck stars.

That's completely silly. The first grind is always guaranteed to succeed. After that though deff don't do it unless you can afford to lose it.

Putting that aside. Is there any reason you can't make an alt from the lucky class of the day and just grind the weapon with the alt?

tyler2zelda
Oct 29, 2006, 02:30 PM
Hm? I used 2 Grinder C +3 on a GRM Wand and it said no chance of failure both times.

Quick question as well; is it possible to go to Moatoob on Extra Mode?

Mr_Confused
Oct 29, 2006, 02:35 PM
People need to use sense when grinding

say i have a +1 2 +2's and a +3 grinder

use them in order from least to greatest so you save the ones with a higher chance of sucsess ive grinded things 5 times before using this method

I'm having the same problem, I have 4 C class grinders in my invetory but when I go to the grinding shop it says none are present ; ;

You probably have 4 grinder base C you need to buy a board and synthesize grinders with them

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Confused on 2006-10-29 11:37 ]</font>

wrentypo
Oct 29, 2006, 03:24 PM
sorry for the noobishness of my question, but i think it's related to the questions above:

i'm trying to grind my blaster. i have the "[b] blaster" and "grinder bases c & b." so i insert the board "[b] blaster" into my PM, then i scroll down to synth and it is just is trying to synth me a new blaster with all the items needed (i.e. three par wood, three gamotite, three im-photons etc.). i've tried putting the "grinder bases" in the PM's storage and mine but i'm not getting anything to take to the GRM grinder. what am i doing wrong?

thanks for the help!

Aegias
Oct 29, 2006, 03:27 PM
i'm trying to grind my blaster. i have the "[b] blaster" and "grinder bases c & b." so i insert the board "[b] blaster" into my PM, then i scroll down to synth and it is just is trying to synth me a new blaster with all the items needed (i.e. three par wood, three gamotite, three im-photons etc.). i've tried putting the "grinder bases" in the PM's storage and mine but i'm not getting anything to take to the GRM grinder. what am i doing wrong?

I could be wrong im pretty nooby at psu myself, but i believe grinder bases arent grinders, they are materials, so you need a grinder board. So i assume, keep in mind all assuptions here, please point it out if im completely wrong this is pure speculation, you buy a grinder board, put the board in your PM, and itll list the materials which i believe are Grinder bases, then you create grinders that way. Then you take those grinders to the said grinder shops mentioned above.

edit: I really need to learn to type.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-10-29 12:29 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aegias on 2006-10-29 12:30 ]</font>

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 29, 2006, 03:27 PM
That's completely silly. The first grind is always guaranteed to succeed.

Yes, obviously. Clearly when I'm talking about risking breaking the weapon, I'm referring to the times when you actually have a chance of failure. Of course, just as an aside... grinding is never "guaranteed." People have reported breaking their weapons on the first grind, and at other times when the NPC says that success is certain. Apparently very rare if it's true, but better safe than sorry. It's not really a hassle because... (cont)

Putting that aside. Is there any reason you can't make an alt from the lucky class of the day and just grind the weapon with the alt?

That's what I do, personally.

It's a shame Moatoob isn't available until the content update. The low PP, high ATP gear from their corp is my personal favorite for Hunter weapons, but since you can't grind their stuff yet... meh. Then again, you can't buy B grade weapons from them either (yet), so it's not like anyone's stuck with 8600 meseta weapons they can't grind.

But my Force and Hunter can go to Parum and Neudaiz just fine, and that's all that really matters for now if they have the super-sparkle. GRM is an acceptable substitute for melee weapons until then. Go go cast weaponsmiths.

wrentypo
Oct 29, 2006, 04:20 PM
ahh, okay, i must be confusing bases with boards then? thanks for the response aegias! i haven't played PSO, so pretty much all i know about are monomates, rifles, and newmans. synthing is so expensive in most games so i usually don't bother.