PDA

View Full Version : Fotregunner vs Figunner

afireinside
Oct 29, 2006, 11:56 AM
Have a level 17 almost 18 ranger cast right now, job level 3. Using level 12 ice shot for pistol, 4 fire shot for rifle, and 10 flying strike or whatever PA for the saber. Trying to decide if I should stick out ranger and go fortegunner or go hunter now so I can become a figunner.

Has anyone here played a fortegunner on import? Is it any good?

How much stronger are level 30 bullets? Worth while?

Do figunners spend more time meleeing or shooting?

Chris28
Oct 29, 2006, 12:04 PM
i find myself doing 100% melee right now. Im using B rank weapons of a Sabre, Twin Sabre, and Sword.

AC9breaker
Oct 29, 2006, 12:47 PM
Despite Figunners ability to use good range weapons, it is a much more melee intensive job. What you should be asking yourself is, "do I like shooting more then I like melee'ing?" Fortegunner only has Spear,Saber and Dagger at A. Not a diverse enough selection for good melee'ing but enough to compliment the Ranger aspect of Fortegunner.

afireinside
Oct 29, 2006, 04:28 PM
I switched over to hunter, job level 2 so far. I'll have to think about this more. Can fortegunners solo?

Reeve
Oct 29, 2006, 04:50 PM
On 2006-10-29 13:28, afireinside wrote:
I switched over to hunter, job level 2 so far. I'll have to think about this more. Can fortegunners solo?

i have limited experience here but ranged classes always end up being the best soloing classes mainly because if the enemy isnt near you it cant hit you and you dont need to heal, its just more cost effective

what i cant comment on is how effecient with pp the rangers weapons will be, i guess its down to the user and the types of weapons you use

id certainly say they would be better than fortefighters at soloing

afireinside
Oct 29, 2006, 06:26 PM
With the miserable damage output of rangers I highly doubt they're good soloers.