PDA

View Full Version : PSU/OVERHYPED?

Saligun
Oct 29, 2006, 12:21 PM
From what i've been reading about this game it's sounding like it's just about a bad as the JP version,and that it needs many fixes to get it up to full playabilty for all.It really seems like they have made this game so overloaded with complex and complacated things to deal with and stuff to keep track of that it really kills the fun of playing it.I understand that the game needs to be challengeing to be enjoyed and i'm not bothered by that but with all it's little glitchs and bugs it doesn't help make it any easier to play.I think that they rushed this game out and now where all stuck with this mess until they figure out how to fix it,if and when the can.What about the rest of you have you found the game to be everything you hoped for or has there been alot of unwanted letdowns along the way?

Pixels
Oct 29, 2006, 12:24 PM
You dont have the game do you?

No problems with the game except from technical difficulties from outside of the game like billing and stuffed... I feel the game however will probably become quite average after you have played it for a more than a month and reached quite a high level.. The singleplayer game is quite awful imo.

Beezzy
Oct 29, 2006, 12:29 PM
On 2006-10-29 09:21, Saligun wrote:
From what i've been reading about this game it's sounding like it's just about a bad as the JP version,and that it needs many fixes to get it up to full playabilty for all.It really seems like they have made this game so overloaded with complex and complacated things to deal with and stuff to keep track of that it really kills the fun of playing it.I understand that the game needs to be challengeing to be enjoyed and i'm not bothered by that but with all it's little glitchs and bugs it doesn't help make it any easier to play.I think that they rushed this game out and now where all stuck with this mess until they figure out how to fix it,if and when the can.What about the rest of you have you found the game to be everything you hoped for or has there been alot of unwanted letdowns along the way?

What exactlly are you talking about??

Deja
Oct 29, 2006, 12:29 PM
The game is precisely what PSO fans wanted. PSO was and is always an action RPG grindfest where the community just hunts for rares. Then 15% of the community is on there for the challenge and battle mode, which I hope is unlocked later on (or at least on the expansion). New people jumping on to PSU will be disappointed, as it is PSO + extra bonus features.

This game will be full of hardcore PSO vets in about 3-4 months, while all the rest move on or jump back on that God-awful game WoW.

Auronp
Oct 29, 2006, 12:48 PM
The game is fine. Some people have problems which happens with EVERY GAME! Theres no way they could prevent it. Some pc users dont have powerful enough comps or something along that line. Some people have bad internet connections. People ask alot of questions which, to someone looking at the game but not playing, seem to be problems. But it jus came out so everyone is learning everything and helping along the way. The game is exactly what is was said to be. If this is your genre then you'll have fun for hours on end, if not then theres many other games for you to play.

myomer
Oct 29, 2006, 12:51 PM
I got PSO for the Gamecube and tried a beta on the PC (Blue Burst?) way back then and my impression of the PS type games were fairly negative but when I got into the Xbox360 beta for PSU I found it actually quite good. They simplified the game interface from some of the obscure things in previous iterations. So I don't think it's overly complicated, especially compared to the other versions.

So as previous posters have mentioned, this is an improvement fueled a lot by what previous PSO players were looking for to improve. The content is on the slim side but with updates on the horizon things will get even better.

Sinue_v2
Oct 29, 2006, 12:56 PM
I did find a bug in the PS2 version. If you have more than one service provider listed, you get to choose which one you want to use. If you disconnect and reconnect, such as switching characters, it'll ask you if you want to use the same provider you used last time. If you choose yes, the game freezes.

You have to choose NO, then pick it again.

Garasu
Oct 29, 2006, 01:00 PM
[b]

This game will be full of hardcore PSO vets in about 3-4 months, while all the rest move on or jump back on that God-awful game WoW.

I cant wait!Im counting the days till then!There arent many problems really..maybe your just a WoWtard...

Animosity
Oct 29, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:00, Garasu wrote:

[b]

I cant wait!Im counting the days till then!There arent many problems really..maybe your just a WoWtard...

nah wow does suck when i push the x button i swing once on wow i click the guy and he just keeps swingin and swingin

Cigaro
Oct 29, 2006, 01:11 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:00, Garasu wrote:

[b]

Funny thing is, I actually know a former WoWtard who completely dropped the game in favor of PSU. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Garasu
Oct 29, 2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah..there are the few good WoWtards...>< but, when the majority of the nooby ones leave..it'll be better for all of us..

Sexy_Raine
Oct 29, 2006, 01:20 PM
Just give some time. It's still a new game. My only complaint Sega needs to do lot better with taking our damn payments! I hope Playsega lets me make a payment sometime soon, the page doesn't even work.

MaKaVeLi_X
Oct 29, 2006, 01:29 PM
I think Its definantly Overhyped... At least so far... for delaying the game for SO long you would think sega would have more content up online... The Lack of missions/levels/quests brings the game down I think. For waiting 2 years at least im a little dissapointed.

Ryogen
Oct 29, 2006, 01:37 PM
This game was never overhyped. This game was barly talked about. though official mags and websites. Everything SEGA has promised so far is in the game and after this week it should be an update. If you think this game was overhyped (as in somthing is not yet true), show me some proof. I know way more games that were overhyped. AKA Fable and Halo 2 (I love halo but they screwed up the story on H2 and knocked promisses).

Chimeria
Oct 29, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:29, MaKaVeLi_X wrote:
I think Its definantly Overhyped... At least so far... for delaying the game for SO long you would think sega would have more content up online... The Lack of missions/levels/quests brings the game down I think. For waiting 2 years at least im a little dissapointed.

I agree.
I am a rabid PSO fan but PSU just seems like it's missing something. Don't get me wrong, it' s a cool game but I'm more than half-way done with story mode and extra mode is very repetitive. I haven't played online yet, but i'm sure it will be as fun as PSO.

gapzi11a
Oct 29, 2006, 01:46 PM
I'm new to PS and I'm enjoying it so far. It really is nothing more then a grind fest, but its got me hooked for now. I really hope Sega releases some unique expansions/missions in the near future to keep things interesting.

MaKaVeLi_X
Oct 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah I was hooked, but Then The Same thing Over and Over got to me Like pso. Im a little dissapointed with Drops To... Nothing drops at ALL. No Weps, No armor, Just synth Items =/. I also think They just made It a Little Complex this game, even with simple things like the Mailing system They changed it just enough to make it annoying.

Oji_Retta
Oct 29, 2006, 02:02 PM
the Repetition doesn't bother me. I'm offline and I've been spamming the first Free mission for hours just trying to level all the photon arts available at that point (start of Ch. 3) to lv 12 getting to lvl 19 and Jlvl 2 so far. It is still fun to me, no matter how many times I do that same 2 minute mission.

newbieroadkil
Oct 29, 2006, 02:05 PM
It's at the right level of complexity for a hack and slash to keep things interesting. The interface is not my favorite, but this game was designed with consoles in mind. Yes it'd be nice to have more content in terms of spells and such, but it is much better than having problems like your server down for five days of the first week of launch. ;P

HolyCecil
Oct 29, 2006, 04:41 PM
Personally I don't think PSU is overhyped. Outside of any PSU-type website I have not seen much advertisement for this game. Finding it in stores near me the day after shipment was non-issue, while I've had many issues with trying to find a new game after its release.

The game is no where near as complicated as FFXI or WoW. Those games you need to do a fair amount of research on developing your character, making money, playing your role in a party, etc. in order to do well. This game, you just get into it and play. You go to a stage, you kill things.

I haven't gotten too far in the game yet only because every race/class is so cool and I can't make up my mind, but I think I'll stick with my Newman Force which ironically was my first choice. I think the only time I got bored with this game was when I was trying out a character, getting to about level 5, trying new weapons and going, "ehhh...I was having more fun casting...." or so forth.

Also, give SEGA some time to update. This game is not even a week old yet in America and it's still not that old in Japan. My thoughts.