PDA

View Full Version : PSU PvP!

Flamingo99
Oct 29, 2006, 01:45 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:45, Yuskey wrote:
Ok, ima noob... Can someone inform me if there is PvP in PSU? and if there is, how is it? thanks all

no pvp

Yuskey
Oct 29, 2006, 01:45 PM
Ok, ima noob... Can someone inform me if there is PvP in PSU? and if there is, how is it? thanks all

gapzi11a
Oct 29, 2006, 01:47 PM
do you think Sega would ever consider adding it?

Yuskey
Oct 29, 2006, 01:48 PM
crap... lol, hmm, any idea's for PvP in the future. im thinking about getting it, looks really good, but ima PvP freak, ( thanks for responding so quickly though.. lol)

Zaruka
Oct 29, 2006, 01:48 PM
that kinda changes my thoughts of buying the game

gapzi11a
Oct 29, 2006, 01:51 PM
I love running the missions with a team, but PvP would be a nice option. How bout an arena in one of the cities.

Reeve
Oct 29, 2006, 01:52 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:48, Yuskey wrote:
crap... lol, hmm, any idea's for PvP in the future. im thinking about getting it, looks really good, but ima PvP freak, ( thanks for responding so quickly though.. lol)

i wouldnt think sega would add pvp because the classes really arent balanced for that, a ranger with a frozen rifle would own a hunter everytime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yuskey
Oct 29, 2006, 01:53 PM
yea, it all works, or duels in cities, simillar to WoW, thats something i liked about it... but i would still get the game, and i think im going to go pick it up in a few days.

Oji_Retta
Oct 29, 2006, 01:54 PM
they may, afterall you can actually dodge in this game.

Yuskey
Oct 29, 2006, 01:56 PM
about the class imbalances... i supose that makes sense, but i belive friendly duels would be fine, if there is a class imbalance, dont duel. With imbalances, you just dont want to base a large part of the game itself on PvP, but i think every MMO should have PvP.

Ryogen
Oct 29, 2006, 01:58 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:52, Reeve wrote:

i wouldnt think sega would add pvp because the classes really arent balanced for that, a ranger with a frozen rifle would own a hunter everytime http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It would be balanced remember that its not kind of auto aim if you move really fast. A hunter can circle you and then come in for a close kill.

Reeve
Oct 29, 2006, 02:09 PM
On 2006-10-29 10:58, Ryogen wrote:

It would be balanced remember that its not kind of auto aim if you move really fast. A hunter can circle you and then come in for a close kill.

if he manages that,switch to a saber, rising strike.
swtich back to rifle and keep shooting, he would be on the ground by this point frozen and good as dead

i could state so many reasons why it would not be balanced. unless they changed a lot of things it just wouldnt work

i mean you could just spam the 1st variant of that saber skill over and over(timed correctly) and the enemy wouldnt be able to get back up

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Reeve on 2006-10-29 11:11 ]</font>

Ryogen
Oct 29, 2006, 02:12 PM
On 2006-10-29 11:09, Reeve wrote:

On 2006-10-29 10:58, Ryogen wrote:

if he manages that,switch to a saber, rising strike.
swtich back to rifle and keep shooting, he would be on the ground by this point frozen and good as dead

i could state so many reasons why it would not be balanced. unless they changed a lot of things it just wouldnt work

Going up in the air on rising strike is only by a precentage. It fails too. Don't forget that it can be made balanced. A hunter can freeze you too and you can dodge. It can be balanced in the future, but now we wouldn't know what would be in store for it ATM.

Jasam
Oct 29, 2006, 02:29 PM
ST will probably NOT add an PvP to the game.
If they did, they would NOT go and change abilitys just for PvP
And the classes are ballenced for co-opertive play and flexability, they would be way beyond broken in PvP

Fadedgaijin
Oct 29, 2006, 02:45 PM
From what i've seen when on the jp server pvp will come but it will be further down the line probably after the expansion

Zio
Oct 29, 2006, 02:53 PM
PSO had a battle mode, but it looks like they didn't carry it over to this game.

PJ
Oct 29, 2006, 03:23 PM
o_O

The character balances in this game would be PERFECT for PVP. I dunno "What chu talkin about Willis"

Unlike PSO, Forces techs aren't autotarget. Rangers freeze aren't 100%. And Hunters of course have the disadvantage of having to be close.

Thrash777
Oct 29, 2006, 04:30 PM
from my experience with the PSO PvP, they would seriously need to improve it before adding it to PSU...