PDA

View Full Version : Some online questions

Lima_Beans
Oct 29, 2006, 05:26 PM
Ive read the forums, and read the FAQs, and done forum searches, and after playing online im still confused about a few things..

I was a die hard PSOer and 'got it' really fast, and played it for about a year, but I am having a very hard time understanding how to play online PSU.

So my questions--

-- Is there absolutely no story at all online?
-- What is the reccomended mission progression supposed to be?
-- How do you get to new misions/areas, or is this all there is so far? (2 planets+Guardian colony)
-- Do you get the reward of mission points + meseeta every single time you beat a mission, or only the first time?
-- Is there any way to see what your best rank has been so far on a mission? Or if you have even beat it before?

Firstly, it seems like there is no story whatsoever at all online? And it seems like, there is no way to tell in what order you are supposed to do missions or if you have completed the missions before or not?

So far I see 3 planets, i wander around them randomly until i find a mission entry point, they have only 2 missions (easy/med/hard of them) and after you beat it ypou get to a midway point and choose another mission.

There seem to be 2 big bosses (the giant mech, and the dragon), but I still cant figure out which one was supposed to come first and second. And after I beat one nothing new seemed to open up or to happen. Checking the achievements list the dragon is supposed to be boss _3_? But you can go to him first thing if you want, and I can only think of one other boss.

Also, now Ive done all the missions I can find, and there doesnt seem to be any more.

Thanks for any help you can give.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lima_Beans on 2006-10-29 14:27 ]</font>

Matrixsup
Oct 29, 2006, 07:59 PM
I also have found a limited amount of areas and missions that get pretty repetetive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PALRAPPYS
Oct 29, 2006, 08:03 PM
-- Is there absolutely no story at all online? *I don't think there is, to be honest
-- What is the reccomended mission progression supposed to be? *Guardians Colony --> Parum --> Neudaiz --> Moatoob
-- How do you get to new misions/areas, or is this all there is so far? (2 planets+Guardian colony) *Moatoob will be open soon, but as for now, Parum, Neudaiz, and the Guardians Colony are our only ones
-- Do you get the reward of mission points + meseeta every single time you beat a mission, or only the first time? *Every time
-- Is there any way to see what your best rank has been so far on a mission? Or if you have even beat it before? *No (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Maxurion
Oct 29, 2006, 08:05 PM
Oh, where to start...

first of all, there's no story online YET. SEGA has yet to add the first storyline mission to network mode. Network mode missions pick up where story mode ends, so I suggest you beat it first if you haven't done so already.

As for mission progress... do whatever you want. I suggest going colony > parum > neudaiz > moatoob (when its available).

new missions are added with each update. They're supposed to come roughly every two weeks.

Mission points and meseta depend on your rank. Your rank depends on your time (quicker the better), your deaths (fewer the better), and how many monsters you kill (more the better).

There's no way to see if you've done a mission before or what your best rank is in it.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and if you get C rank in a mission, there's no reward (and depressing music, too)

EDIT2: Oh, and the De Regan comes before the robot guy in story mode. The acheivements are gainable through story mode only, so if you want your gamerscore up... go kill all the bosses in story mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maxurion on 2006-10-29 17:06 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maxurion on 2006-10-29 17:09 ]</font>

Theft
Oct 29, 2006, 08:28 PM
Also on a quick question. Are all the rare weapons going to need to be made or are they going to be dropped? And if they do drop what lvl is it around?

Lima_Beans
Oct 29, 2006, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info... very helpfull

And as far as story mode goes.. Am I right in saying there is no way to play the story mode co-op, and there is no way to use a character you used in story mode in multiplayer later? I think thats right, and if so, I dont see myself ever touching storymode. I have no interest at all in singleplayer, especially if goes no way towards progressing my online character. But, it looks like thre is more focus on offline mode than I expected in this version.

Hopefully they will be adding stuff to the multiplayer though, so far I am quite dissapointed in a multiplayer game much much smaller than even the first PSO on dreamcast =(

But from the sound of the comments here it looks like they will be adding to the multiplayer every two weeks, so will see how big those add ons more and perhaps my dissapointment will turn to joy =) Ill stay optimistic!

Thanks for the help!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lima_Beans on 2006-10-29 18:19 ]</font>