PDA

View Full Version : What's the point of leveling jobs?

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2006, 08:32 PM
I've only played some of story mode and a bit of extra, so I only have experience with those areas. That being said, the only thing that happens when I've leveled a job is that I've gained a few strength points and maybe a deffence point. I'm guessing those points stay with my hunter, and neither my ranger nor force will have them. Besides a minor attack boost, and unlocking advanced jobs, is there any reason to level jobs?

Spellbinder
Oct 29, 2006, 08:34 PM
Becoming stronger and opening up advanced jobs isn't enough reason? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Maxurion
Oct 29, 2006, 08:40 PM
In network mode it lets you use higher ranked weapons (ie C rank goes to B rank)

Zorafim
Oct 29, 2006, 08:41 PM
It would if I didn't gain less strength and defence than I do in a single levelup. Advanced jobs would be special if not for the fact that you can't unlock advanced jobs by leveling advanced jobs.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. Makes me wonder if all those Ss and As the advanced jobs are supposed to have are at lv1 or lv10.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-10-29 17:43 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 29, 2006, 08:45 PM
On 2006-10-29 17:40, Maxurion wrote:
In network mode it lets you use higher ranked weapons (ie C rank goes to B rank)

False. The beginner jobs can use the same stuff at level 1 they can at level 10

Realmz
Oct 29, 2006, 08:48 PM
there arin't even A or S ranked weapons in the GAME yet...

A2K
Oct 29, 2006, 09:21 PM
The stat bonuses seem minor but it does add up a bit by the time you're level 10, but the most important aspect of leveling the basic types, as you mentioned but kind of brushed off, is meeting the minimum requirements for the advanced types.

DroolinBuddie
Oct 29, 2006, 09:30 PM
well....none of us has beated da game yet, or few have, also none of us has aquired all the items in the game, and expierienced it all...-_-" but we will soon.
so why not just put this problem aside and solve it later?....
besides.....it's a level up and u gain points ISN'T THAT A GOOD REASON !??!?!?!

:] lmao

squirrel568
Oct 29, 2006, 09:44 PM
i have a question myself on the subject...
just how do you lvl up your job?

Oh and how do you become a hunter that can actually use magic? Is there a certain level where i can change my job to a hunter force hybrid?

DroolinBuddie
Oct 29, 2006, 09:59 PM
:].............................well....i thought if u could use a staff and use magic as a hunter.... that could work, but my friend says it don't work, i never tried it...but...yeh....and u do missions to level up ur job thingie....right?...i think O_O"

squirrel568
Oct 29, 2006, 10:08 PM
hmm, yeah im confused. Apparently us Hunters are too good for staffs now, i coudlnt use one at all. I tried to buy one, but no luck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 03:40 AM
Think of levelling your type as grinding it.

It adds up to a lot by the time you're +10 and makes a massive difference. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sef
Oct 30, 2006, 06:37 AM
Anybody know the maximum job lvl.? (atleast at the moment). My friend (MegamanX on the site), his F Cast is at a Ranger lvl.4 at lvl.21... curious about maximum level... it seems almost to easy to obtain if you just repeat simple stages over like (C) De Ragan over and over with S Rank... that's how he's almost Ranger lvl.5 at character lvl.21 >_>

Genoa
Oct 30, 2006, 09:37 AM
Make that a lvl.22 F cast with Ranger Lvl.5 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
My question... does anyone know what level you have to be to equip A and S rank? Or are people at the required class level... but it doesn't show it because Class A and S doesn't exist yet???

Tycho
Oct 30, 2006, 10:54 AM
Well. You need L10 in all the basic jobs to unlock all of the expert ones, which in turn gain huge boosts from their own class level-ups.

Realmz
Oct 30, 2006, 11:56 AM
sort of tycho

for advanced version of hunter ranger or force you need ten levels in those jobs, for hybrids you need three of one job and five of the other.

i think the max level is 10 right now for jobs.

jobs do NOT allow you to equip higher rank weapons if you level them up, upping your level does not up your wapon rank.

to use a wand as a hunter you need to become a wartecher that needs three levels in hunter and five levels in fource i do believe.

Shango
Oct 30, 2006, 12:00 PM
What mission offers the most efficient mission points per time spent for people who can't kill De Ragan very quickly? (takes my hunter forever)

Zarode
Oct 30, 2006, 12:08 PM
On 2006-10-30 09:00, Shango wrote:
What mission offers the most efficient mission points per time spent for people who can't kill De Ragan very quickly? (takes my hunter forever)

Sleeping Warriors C (Relics runs)

Just stay cautious and you should do fine. It's a real easy weapon.

S rank earns you 600 meseta and 6 mission points. And great drops from boxes/monsters. A must do if you love to synth and level quickly.