PDA

View Full Version : Cast Hunter?

squirrel568
Oct 29, 2006, 10:32 PM
How do I go about becoming a Cast Hunter? I'm a lvl 10 male human hunter right now and wasn't aware that hunters cant use spells like foie or resta until recently. So how do i go about keeping my hunter while being abel to use resta and the other spells?

Zato-2TWO
Oct 29, 2006, 10:37 PM
You may want to think about the Wartecher expert class then. Wartechers require 3 job levels of Hunter and 5 job levels of Force, but it is a Hunter/Force hybrid class that balances magic with melee combat. Depending on how you tweak it, it could play similarly to either the FOmars or the HUnewearls of PSO.

squirrel568
Oct 29, 2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks, my job class goes up by completeing missions correct?

Oh and does this mean until i reach this wartecher experct class i cannot use any force spells wahtsoever? Or do I gain the ability to use force spells after i put one job level onto the force class? I hope im making sense because i am confused myself. But what I mean is do i gradually gain the abillity to learn different spells or do i have to wait until i reach the wartecher class to use force spells period

Zato-2TWO
Oct 29, 2006, 11:19 PM
Basically, you can only have one job Type at a time. Currently, your Type is Hunter, so you can equip a wider array of melee weapons and level your melee PA's to a higher rank, as well apply the hunter template to your stats. When you change your Type to Force, your weapon selection changes to the selection offered to Forces, giving you the ability to learn Technics and cast them through Technic-casting weapons (Wands and Rods) and the hunter stat template is replaced with the force stat template, but at the same time, you retain any PA's you learned (and their ranks) as a Hunter.

For example, suppose you got your Rising Strike PA up to lvl.20 when you switched to Force. Your weapon selection decreases, your stats change around, but you are still able to use that lvl.20 Rising Strike.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 03:24 AM
I don't think that's correct, actually... since Forces can only use level 1 skills.

You'd only be able to use a level 1 Rising Strike (the cap for Forces using skills.) Even if you level a skill over another type's limit with one type, and then switch to the more limited type, your "real" skill is capped at a lower point while you're playing the class that isn't as good with stuff like that.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 30, 2006, 04:33 AM
Hmm, I guess that's a good point. But I guess what I meant to say (and said wrong, evidently =O) was that you still keep your lvl.20 Rising Strike, even if it's been capped at 1.

Shadow__
Oct 30, 2006, 09:01 AM
On 2006-10-29 19:32, squirrel568 wrote:
How do I go about becoming a Cast Hunter? I'm a lvl 10 male human hunter right now and wasn't aware that hunters cant use spells like foie or resta until recently. So how do i go about keeping my hunter while being abel to use resta and the other spells?

I'm no expert since PSU isn't out here yet but shouldn't you start as a CAST and then change your job to a hunter?

I am a complete noob at PSU and the job thing is really confusing me, lol.