PDA

View Full Version : Armor units no longer for twinking?

Wallin
Oct 30, 2006, 12:35 AM
I don't know if this is written as instructions somewhere, but I went and got armor and the Perpa/Hit unit (+18) for my Force so that they could equip the Compadri. It actually says in the item description, "Boost to ATA (attack accuracy)".

But apparently units don't affect your base numbers in the status window, so unlike PSO where you could use units to equip items with higher ATP, MIND, etc., weapons will now ignore the unit's bonus entirely and still reference your base stat.

So if anyone is planning to buy these just to be able to equip a weapon, save your money, for that it is worthless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-30 15:49 ]</font>

RussInDaHill
Oct 30, 2006, 12:57 AM
wow...I was actually going to buy a unit to equip a new sword...thanks for the heads up!

ProfessorZ
Oct 30, 2006, 01:00 AM
It doesn't increase base but it does increase the overall. I like it tho but just for DFP and EVP

Wallin
Oct 30, 2006, 01:47 AM
Yeah, that's fine that it works at all, but not the way that I think most PSO players thought it would. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kontra_Bandit
Oct 30, 2006, 01:52 AM
I use slots for their purpose: stat increases. I think they're deterring people from using hand me downs.

DoubleJG
Oct 30, 2006, 02:15 AM
By not having them raise your base stats, Sega was able to prevent Self-rushing.

An example would be, my new character will take just as long (in a sense) to level up to level 5 as the next guy's. If units increased base stats, I could do like in PSO; give him really good units, equip an extremely strong multi-hit weapon, and go solo a hard mission for mass exp rates. Do I miss this? In a sense yes, but units are useful nonetheless.

RussInDaHill
Oct 30, 2006, 05:07 AM
Good post dbl....didn't think about it that way....But I like it

Xx3of19xX
Oct 30, 2006, 05:15 AM
When twinking, you can still make sure your new characters have the best weapons available to their level. That already helps a lot without making it unbalanced.

Klakalou
Oct 30, 2006, 06:57 AM
sega really went out of their way to ensure no one can power level a la pso.

no more mags. u cant hand them off to a low lvl character for them to flash through the first 20 lvls.

everything about this game is the same as pso, just more time consuming. thanks sega for working so hard to rehash the same gameplay and slapping a new name on it.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 07:45 AM
I'm glad they got rid of hyper-PLing in a way. No more tradeable "mags", no more using various boosts to equip ridiculous gear early on, etc. It really cheapened the feeling of raising new characters in PSO, and yet I couldn't resist. >_<

KiteWolfwood
Oct 30, 2006, 05:01 PM
I don't know why you would say it is a rip off. I love my +18 Acc. It helps negate the -Acc from my bullets a lot.

Bahamut89
Oct 30, 2006, 05:08 PM
I could use the best wand at level 10 or something. I could not afford the best wand at level 10. Therefore, twinking is entirely possible.

Wallin
Oct 30, 2006, 07:03 PM
On 2006-10-30 14:01, KiteWolfwood wrote:
I don't know why you would say it is a rip off. I love my +18 Acc. It helps negate the -Acc from my bullets a lot.

"Rip off" was not the right word, you are correct. The topic has been adjusted to reflect such.

I was merely trying to point out for any old PSO players that units no longer can be used to twink so that anyone who bought them for that intention only could save their money (then they could buy the appropriate weapon for their levels, and more spells or armor instead).

And I'm not saying it's a bad system, I was just surprised that it changed from PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-30 16:03 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 30, 2006, 07:33 PM
I love my +32 atp slot. I was a little shocked when I equipped it my Dual Slashers still ahd a red X on them, but it was only one level away to use so it wasn't too bad. The slot still was useful though.

Now, all they need to do is create an "Add <insert part> Slot" item and my armor will have all 4 slots useable.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 07:35 PM
It's hard to beat +32 ATP for 1500 meseta.

Kanore
Oct 30, 2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I like this new system. That and the fact that you can have one character on all three classes.

Sorenia
Oct 30, 2006, 08:30 PM
The fact that they got rid of mags is the one thing that really annoys me. They could of put strict stat reqs on them or whatever if PLing was a worry. Getting the PM's in exchange is a big gip. They all become humanoid and it doesn't seem like there will be much use for them in battle. A decided loss of flavor from PSO :/.

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 30, 2006, 09:55 PM
Hunters need all the ata they can get, especially beast ones

wildstar
Oct 31, 2006, 09:29 AM
On 2006-10-29 21:35, Wallin wrote:
I don't know if this is written as instructions somewhere, but I went and got armor and the Perpa/Hit unit (+18) for my Force so that they could equip the Compadri. It actually says in the item description, "Boost to ATA (attack accuracy)".

But apparently units don't affect your base numbers in the status window, so unlike PSO where you could use units to equip items with higher ATP, MIND, etc., weapons will now ignore the unit's bonus entirely and still reference your base stat.

So if anyone is planning to buy these just to be able to equip a weapon, save your money, for that it is worthless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-10-30 15:49 ]</font>

This is good to know. I was pondering this last night, actually.

I took a chance on a 58% synth... and it worked! I made my first 5* B-grade (a twin saber weapon with Light attribute). But... I need about 90 more base ATP to use it, rofl.

I was wondering if base units would cut down my waiting time, but I noticed with Perpa/Attack (or whatever its called, raises overall ATP 18) it didn't change my base.

That's cool though. Now that I've lucked out and gotten this weapon to synth on my first try I have a goal to shoot for: get my ATP higher!

Good thread, Wallin. I'm sure others are wondering about this, too.

Alisha
Oct 31, 2006, 01:04 PM
On 2006-10-30 16:35, Guilty-Mirage wrote:
It's hard to beat +32 ATP for 1500 meseta.

offline ive seen a s-rank unit at GRM i believe that gives around 100 atp but its costs like 600,000 meseta O_O