PDA

View Full Version : Knuckles Trick: Spamming the first two hits better than doin

skygt
Oct 30, 2006, 04:58 AM
I'm not sure if this has been talked about before, but I used knuckles for the first time today and really liked how fast the first two hits are. So I tried to just spam the first two hit instead of going through all 4 combo, and it seems more effective.

The trick is to hold your direction key (keyboard or pad) in a direction, with or without strafe (I prefer strafe) and as soon as you see the first round of punches end you attack again. This cause the character to swing, take a baby step forward, swing, take a baby step forward, and swing. It seems like the first couple of rounds aren't that fast, but after the third or so you start to notice that it's much quicker.

Of course this is situational since it's faster over time. You won't benefit much on weak mobs or ones that move around too much (like those giant worm things). But on something that's tough, this can churn on quite a bit of damage.

Kaply
Oct 30, 2006, 06:22 AM
Better trick, make 5 new beast characters strip them of their knuckles, buy the PA and spam that all day for even better damage.

Gahiji
Oct 30, 2006, 02:32 PM
PA?

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 02:37 PM
Photon Art.

Ri0T
Oct 30, 2006, 03:02 PM
Knuckles' main draw for me is the maneuverability. Because the combo is so fast (minus the last hit of the combo) you can easily create patterns where you will hardly get hit by any monsters. (and some sub-bosses)

I do the same that you do, but i go for the first three hits, then run around to the monster's side, and repeat. Usually the monster will end up swinging at the air at where your character previously was. Some monsters have faster reaction time, and this trick won't work on 'em as well.

I almost never combo that last hit, there's too much of a pause between the 3rd and 4th, and it doesn't do extra damage compared to the previous 3. The only time I do a full combo is when I know that i will be following it up with a PA beforehand.

Once you get the LV11 Combo:2 for your PA, omg... it so rocks. Now you can literally jump into a mob of monsters and send a good amount of them flying. It's very impressive to watch.

Yeah, right now I'm lovin' the knuckles. '-'

Wang_Tang
Oct 30, 2006, 03:19 PM
Heh, I love the first part of the knuckle PA even, it just looks so cool to pound your way forward with two huge glowy fists.

mechatra
Oct 30, 2006, 03:25 PM
You wait till you see the lvl 21+ attack you earn on that PA aswell XD

Niki
Oct 30, 2006, 04:26 PM
On 2006-10-30 12:02, Ri0T wrote:
I almost never combo that last hit, there's too much of a pause between the 3rd and 4th, and it doesn't do extra damage compared to the previous 3. The only time I do a full combo is when I know that i will be following it up with a PA beforehand.

Yeah, knuckles are my weapon of choice as well. But in my experience I've found that even after executing a complete knuckle combo, they're still fast enough that starting a new combo will interrupt your opponent before they can hit you. Off the top of my head I can't think of a time when this wasn't true. But I'm still doing C rank missions, which probably explains it.

Also, for me, as long as I have the PP I finish every combo with the PA, which so far has gained about a level for each hour of gameplay time. That includes time lost while switching between 2 additional weapons. I'm casual though, so I'm sure the hardcore grinders LV way faster.