PDA

View Full Version : Post your worst luck.

Marks
Oct 30, 2006, 06:32 AM
Bought Twick sucker for 8600, bought grinder B board, both 4 grinder B base, synthed 4 grinder B+7, went to upgrade with level 3 luck (gold stars), first 3 grinds went good, then weapons broke on last(fourth) grind.

Guitarsmasher
Oct 30, 2006, 06:33 AM
umm....i hate my guys hair??

Miyoko
Oct 30, 2006, 06:38 AM
In 10 levels, I've only won one rare. ;- ;

Tycho
Oct 30, 2006, 06:40 AM
0. It happens to all races at some points, unfortunately. D:

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 30, 2006, 06:49 AM
first relics run with greedy loot. I break two boxes and one item was in each. a guy came up behind me so I have to go for one. I choose the left one and I get nanosilica he picks the right one and get the relic edge. i started to pick the right one first. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

next relice run with a new group with set order loot. i'm a hunter and a head of the pack. i kill a mob and i see the red rare icon. no one is even close to me. i pick it up ad it's the relic edge and it goes to the guy that just got kubara wood the room before.

i have 4 kubara wood in my storage (PM)and had to buy all 4. the rarest thing i've ever gotten was a scape doll once at level 17 soloing. I'm lv 19 now. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alpha-Hunter on 2006-10-30 03:51 ]</font>

AkiraXxx
Oct 30, 2006, 06:53 AM
Worst luck, failling 3 calibur synths using a lvl 26 pm. Gota buy another shitty board now.

Kanore
Oct 30, 2006, 06:55 AM
First attempt on getting my 5 star Hajirod wasted about 15k getting the mats I needed plus the stupid board itself. I came back from a party to see that it failed even though the chance was 56%.
The worst part was that the people I hung out with got THEIR 5 stars... WITH their 50-56% chance rates.

However, I just woke up to happiness and a completed Hajirod. ^_^

Rhyv
Oct 30, 2006, 07:44 AM
wow my worst luck is not even being able to purchase my guardians license because playsega.com is having some stupid error when i try to purchase....

Rider
Oct 30, 2006, 08:03 AM
I haven't really had any bad luck yet. Actually, some bad luck tried to come my way but made things better. I was synthing a twin gun or something like that, it was a basic gun that wasn't worth much of anything. Anyways, it failed even though it had a huge chance of sucess. The PM said sorry and gave me the failed item and the item was a scape doll. Funny how the failed item turned out to be worth more then the item what would've come out of a successful synth.

Bast
Oct 30, 2006, 08:57 AM
I created a 5* saber. Went to grind it (w/ very high success rate) and it blow up. Using the same board, attempt to synth again, PM fails. Attempting my last one last night, tried to turn on my PS2, now it wont read the disc. Woe is me!

Kanore
Oct 30, 2006, 09:44 AM
On 2006-10-30 05:57, Bast wrote:
I created a 5* saber. Went to grind it (w/ very high success rate) and it blow up. Using the same board, attempt to synth again, PM fails. Attempting my last one last night, tried to turn on my PS2, now it wont read the disc. Woe is me!

Ouch, that's worse than me...

Lyrise
Oct 30, 2006, 09:48 AM
Worst luck huh? I've failed 3 high rate weapon synths, 2 of them at 82% (Both A class), one at 91%.

IhateUrHate
Oct 30, 2006, 04:44 PM
well its not really THAT bad but i bought the items to synthesize a long bow then i ended up finding a long bow

Akaimizu
Oct 30, 2006, 04:59 PM
Right now, It's always been my worst luck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I haven't gotten a day in which Tynselle has had any sparklies next to her name. I guess her day will come soon enough.

However, I do find it a bit funny when certain people are looking to party, don't get immediately picked up, and they have the sparklies. Unless you're just plain afraid that they might be a bad player, pick those up if you can. Lucky days can be lucky for the entire party.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-30 14:03 ]</font>

Nukei
Oct 30, 2006, 05:02 PM
My worst luck is when my party members go right up to the enemy and kill it less than one second. I try hitting the targets but I can only get 1/3 of them.

Akaimizu
Oct 30, 2006, 05:04 PM
Don't fret about that. Some do that and are inconsiderate, others are just still learning the ropes. In general, if you're one of the powerful ones, your job is generally to tag and allow everybody to share in the exp good-stuff. You mainly go all out if the area is tough and you want to keep everybody alive. But in those cases, the monsters are resilient and usually will not go down until everybody has had time to tag them.

As a Ranger, I generally go straight for tagging to soften them up, give time or watch the monsters to see who hit who, and then finish them off when I feel people have had time to get hits in.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-30 14:07 ]</font>

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 05:12 PM
The rarity of... rare drops is one of the reasons I play almost exclusively solo or with friends. I only tend to join up with random others if I get asked while I'm in a field. I definitely always lock my games when alone. Had a few S ranks screwed up at Neudaiz by random level 5 dorks joining and getting slaughtered. I don't know what I'd do if someone like that jacked a rare from me. >_>

I'll tell you one thing, though. Solo is the way to go if you want loot.

Codefox
Oct 30, 2006, 05:34 PM
I have the worst luck. I got the game on Thursday played it for a bit before my cousin's plane got in that night. Today I dropped her off at the airport in the morning and since it was still 7 in the morning I had an hour and a half to kill before work and wanted to play for a bit. And then I got the red ring of doom on my XBox so I can't play until its fixed http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Yoruichi
Oct 30, 2006, 05:56 PM
4 fails on shadow breaker in a row at 80% and my bf asks me to make him a lance. First time not only do I make him a shadow lance when it was only 72%ish success, not only do I make it its 50% shadow elemental...

He asked me to make him 2star armor at 52% success...first time I make it. 3 fails making light brass knuckles.

The only good luck I've had for myself is when I asked someone else to make my ice calibur and when I made my own flourescent bulb at 52% first time success. The next day (today) I find another recipe for the dam thing.

Yoruichi
Oct 30, 2006, 05:56 PM
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yoruichi on 2006-10-30 20:39 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
Oct 30, 2006, 08:26 PM
Rappy sightings: 0/600-something PH kills
Vahra Claws: 0/800-something
De Ragan Tail: .5/40. Kind of mine, kind of a buddies. Saw two so far.
Tornado Throw: 0/??
Relic Edge: 0/??
Svaltus Edge: 0/30

I guess on a plus note I got a (B) Flourescent Bulb off a box at the end of [i]Fight for Food C[/b] when the SEED-Vance died. Totally wasn't expecting that. Now I need to find out what drops the circuit.

Note: Numbers are totally random, but I wouldn't be surprised if I really killed 800 or even a thousand Vahra.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-30 17:29 ]</font>

myomer
Oct 30, 2006, 08:43 PM
My 2000 meseta rod that I bought and upgraded 4x and on the 5th time with high probability of success, my Newman full luck on (very bright glowie), and it breaks. I'm still lowbie @ level 7 when this happened. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Guitarsmasher
Oct 30, 2006, 10:36 PM
wow, its good to know tht bad stuff happens to the whole psu community instead of just me

Para
Oct 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
11* item drops and i was right beside it...

problem was... inventory was full and someone else got it >_>

Dusk21
Oct 30, 2006, 10:51 PM
I hadn't failed a single synth untill today, having no luck untill yesterday (1 luck) and today (2 luck) and wouldn't you know it today I fail 3 synths in a row on a 5* rifle. I'm gonna punt my PM. DID get to see 2 squads of rappies, have not gotten any items off bosses yet. A mixed bag of luck overall I'd say.