PDA

View Full Version : People reaching cap already lol

AkiraXxx
Oct 30, 2006, 06:55 AM
I was on a few minutes ago, and I see that there are already people level 44+, highest I saw was 48, in a room doing relic A runs. Lol crazy, games been out 4 days? People have 90+ hours under thier belts! SLEEP PEOPLE DONT DIE LIKE WOW KIDS OVER PSU! lol

Kanore
Oct 30, 2006, 06:57 AM
This is an MMORPG now, not just an ORPG like PSO, and thus attracted alot of the hxc MMO players.

I'm personally 27 and wish I could play more but I have school; several people I met and hang out with in the game have reached 30+.

Wubbie
Oct 30, 2006, 07:05 AM
Yes, some people just have too much time, I've clocked 40+ hours already but only sit on level 24...

I believe this is because I have a life, I go AFK often, and also synth when I can... Last night my party and I just hung out in my room for 2 hours until my armor finished...

I don't like the HxC players >.<

Rider
Oct 30, 2006, 08:00 AM
There is always people who race to the level cap. I'm in no rush and just taking my time. I've spent a good amount just sitting around talking to people because it's something I enjoy.

In my opinion anyway, racing to the top level will ruin the game. Too much of a good thing is bad. Just take it at your own pace, it's not a race. Everyone will eventually hit the max level anyway if you put some time into leveling here and there.

PS
Sleep is good. Although I do wish I had one of those machines from Chrono Trigger. Just walk in and get a full nights rest in a few moments. How useful that would be...

Zabot
Oct 30, 2006, 08:22 AM
I have a friend who is living with his mom at the moment, he is 26, and does have a girlfriend, he WAS lvl 34 the last time i saw him, but i couldnt possibly guess what level he is now. they should come up with somethig on PSU.com so we can type in the name of the gamertag or character name, and you can see the other character names to make sure its your friend and then see their level. that would be tight. XD

Peace Guys

KazuKun
Oct 30, 2006, 11:51 AM
I'm personally surprised at the speed at which some players are going. Then again...I don't have the time that some people have. I'm 18 and I'm going to college right now, so I really don't have the time to play as much as I want to (I think I have something like nine or twelve hours right now). That and my room mate likes to watch TV quite a bit. I do sleep, as well.

IceBeam
Oct 30, 2006, 11:54 AM
dont worry there is a upgrade for higher lvl caps coming soon

Beck
Oct 30, 2006, 01:45 PM
What is it with you people? i'm level 21 and i could care less about the "HxC" players, maybe their goal was to be one of the first to reach lvl cap whenever the gamecame out, but anyways thats none of your or my bussines.They payed their good money and are trying to get the most out of it, if they are pathetic no-life having geeks then let them be.I mean does it really bother you that much? jesus

-Crokar-
Oct 30, 2006, 01:48 PM
im a no life geek but i aint going to try to speed level to the cap as fast as possible. it takes way the fun and difficultness of the game

HiKeRI
Oct 30, 2006, 01:49 PM
Lol, i like to talk and mess around than just lv up, when i do the leveling up its when i don't got nothing to do.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-10-30 10:51 ]</font>

Cylicon
Oct 30, 2006, 01:52 PM
I'm just trying to level to stay ahead of a few friends of mine haha, I always have to top them. But yeah, it really does take the fun out of it, the monotony is.... blah. I still love the game though. Damn midterms...

Rizen
Oct 30, 2006, 01:55 PM
I dunno how much time I have clocked in, but I am lv 23 almost 24. Rizen got Ranger lv 5 and Force is 2 almost lv 3. I spend alot of time online, but most of it is hanging out with friends and talking to other players, even helping some. Im in no rush and neither are most of my friends...expect DSX would I bought SUVS for http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (GO GO SUV POWER!)

Sev
Oct 30, 2006, 01:56 PM
Everyone goes at there own pace.

Some have a faster pace then others.

Some have a ridiculously fast pace. Whether or not they have a life, doesn't really concern me. Whether or not I have a life, doesn't really concern me either. And I'd have to say, I probably don't have one since the definition is not spending most of your time on a game.

Evolution
Oct 30, 2006, 02:27 PM
Its always funny reading these posts because the first response from most people is "wow that guy has no life", you never hear "man that guy is a huge fan of psu and is really dedicated" lol.

Trinitystar
Oct 30, 2006, 02:27 PM
I am 28 now and had to tell myselt to slow down I don't want to get to the top and be board all fast so 2 lvls a day from now on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryoga4523
Oct 30, 2006, 02:30 PM
Wow I thought that I played a lot. I am only lvl 15 and have logged about 20+ hours. And my force job level is only 2.... As long as their are people out there to play with, I am happy.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 02:34 PM
If some people out there want to hardcore grind through the game and chew it up like a machine with a regular group that have no real obligations outside of the game, more power to them. These people show up in nearly all MMOs.

Someone was level 50 in EQ1 in a few months. Furor I think. The developers hadn't expected anyone to get there for a year or three. That was back before people really knew how to hardcore grind, too. When World of Warcraft launched, someone reached the level cap in around a week.

Some people put a given game very high on their list of priorities, and there are those who are just really, really organized, and some people have a regular group to play with constantly. Some people have all three. Those people level exponentially faster than everyone else.

I've been playing fairly hardcore (minus a couple nights for RL stuff) and I'm only level 21 with a level 4 job. I solo most of the time or group with a few friends and tend to avoid "random" groups.

-Asheth-
Oct 30, 2006, 02:44 PM
There are always a few that try to level really quickly but in about 2 weeks everyone will more than likely close to the level cap I believe. The problem i have is the people that level up so fast and then try to through it others face thinking that they are masters of the unverse or something.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 02:47 PM
I really doubt more than 2%-3% of PSU's population will be at the level cap by the time the cap is raised.

The majority of players out there aren't even level 20 yet.

Wang_Tang
Oct 30, 2006, 03:13 PM
I think it's kind of disappointing that the level cap is only 50 =/. I was hoping for at least 100, or 200 like in ver 2/ep I&II... heh. I think the desirable thing about lvl 200 in previous pso's was that it takes a very long time to reach, and is therefore "unattainable" (not really, but you know what I mean). I can't really imagine what there is to do in this game once you reach the cap... There's no pvp O.o;

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 03:13 PM
You do know they're regularly raising the level cap with content updates, right?

Wang_Tang
Oct 30, 2006, 03:14 PM
Ohhh! I thought they were just "raising it to 60" with one update and then stopping http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif hah. Thanks, that's a relief!

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 03:15 PM
Well, since we'll be getting the 60 cap raise "fairly" soon and they say on their website that they plan on continuing to update this game with regular additions of content and such for years, I'd say it seems inevitable that the cap will go past 60.

Tankster
Oct 30, 2006, 03:40 PM
I havnet gone online yet, but I have lvl 16 in story mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif lol

Jasam
Oct 30, 2006, 04:08 PM
It seems likly the cap will be 100 (thats its offline value)
It also seems likly there will be those who must get to the cap in the shortest time possable with EVERY cap increase ^-^

Pandatron
Oct 30, 2006, 04:10 PM
On 2006-10-30 11:27, Trinitystar wrote:
I am 28 now and had to tell myselt to slow down I don't want to get to the top and be board all fast so 2 lvls a day from now on http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Its not only true... but a fact and universal accepted with pratically every mmo. Unless you enjoy item hunting then the fun never ends x.x

Akaimizu
Oct 30, 2006, 04:18 PM
There's too many things to raise in this game to be done already. Fortunately character levels are only a little portion of what you do, in this game.

But still, every online game has people who can dedicate all that time just to that game. Though for some reason, that World of Warcraft Southpark episode comes to mind. The one where this one person got some unbelievable power level because not one other player could dedicate the same level of time constantly into the game. Now the situation, that was caused, may never beable to come true in it; but the premise was the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-30 13:19 ]</font>

Felixx
Oct 30, 2006, 04:27 PM
Im not online with it yet (next few days, cant freaking wait ^_^) but ive got a lvl 18 in extra mode, and my Ethan Waber is like lvl 21 or so.

Once i get online, i may never play extra mode again (ill at least finish up story)

Im just disapointed that i cant do like PSO and lvl up offline and bring that same char online. but i understand the need to store the chars serverside to prevent duping and hacking and such.

Niki
Oct 30, 2006, 04:30 PM
On 2006-10-30 11:27, Evolution wrote:
Its always funny reading these posts because the first response from most people is "wow that guy has no life", you never hear "man that guy is a huge fan of psu and is really dedicated" lol.

As a huge fan of the entire PS series, and someone who actually wants to enjoy the game between all of my daily responsibilities, I'm gonna cast my vote in the 'no life' column.

Akaimizu
Oct 30, 2006, 04:30 PM
You might experiment with Extra mode, but that's about it. This is only because Extra Mode is quite accelerated in gains in comparison to online. So you can sort of put together a powerful experimental character in just a fraction of the time you would online.

But once you're familiar with all the builds you're interested in, then you'll probably only see fit to using it if you, for some reason, can't go online. (Like if your Cable Modem company loses service for a little time before they can repair it. (As what happened to Comcast, in my area, during one fateful Saturday night).

colicab
Oct 30, 2006, 04:41 PM
Personally I,ll take my time and enjoy the game rather than blasting thru purely to show off and be a high level.

Eg in WOW im at about 15days Xhrs etc and am now just reaching lvl55. Unlike many who seem to be able to do the same in 4-5days of continous play.

JohnBerserker
Oct 30, 2006, 04:42 PM
wow. i dont have live currently so im running through story mode. im on chapter 7 and at lv 34 or 35 with at most 20 hours. i dont really stop to synth much tho and rarely go to shops

Mag_Launcher
Oct 30, 2006, 05:10 PM
I've logged nearly 55 hours, and gotten to level 32/Hunter lvl 8. And, so far, I am growing to hate this game.

PSU just lacks the fun PSO had, or at least that how it feels right now.

Witchblade56
Oct 30, 2006, 05:10 PM
Myself and a few friends are playing this as well as FFXI..

Well ok they have been at this game mostly full time versus myself. They are all 20+ already and its been about 4 days -_-;;;;;

I do the majority of my leveling etc soloing. Soloing sux major rump when doing it as Force I've found out versus melee. I dont know which ranks are waht yet though :/

At any rate i level sloooowwwwww, i farm for synthesis items in a locked room and chat with friends via mail. I do on rare occasions play an open room and i met my friend Kuveni this way. Usually though its locked as i dont want to have to fret about beating the next person to synth items etc.

You can make alot more meseta soloing than you can in a party. Of course the cons are you don't make any new friends this way :/ That's ok when i open up shop to start selling items I guess i'll meet people that way.

Akaimizu
Oct 30, 2006, 05:11 PM
Offline mode is accelerated levelling. Both Story Mode and Extra Mode can raise characters in a fraction of the time. So yeah, getting level 34 or 35 offline is fairly easy. You can casually reach that without a whole lot of dedication.

myomer
Oct 30, 2006, 08:55 PM
Wife and I are level 9 woot! Heheheh. All good though each person has their own speed and their own things to do in life.

Reeve
Oct 30, 2006, 09:40 PM
just got this game todayand im level 19 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif no more for today though im off to bed

Weak
Oct 30, 2006, 09:50 PM
I play a lot..

I'm not pushing myself to play, I just play when I'm having fun. Which is a lot. When I feel like things are becoming too much of a grind, I log out and do something else for a couple hours.

Sorenia
Oct 30, 2006, 09:50 PM
Just take it at your own pace, it's not a race.

To them it is a race. Indeed they will probably become bored after the race is over. But it's also probably safe to say they'd be bored if they didn't race at all.

This way they get at least some enjoyment out of their purchase perhaps?

Slade002
Oct 30, 2006, 10:23 PM
a bit off topic but about this whole lvl caps thing, how does tha work for offline ppl? i dont see how their cap could be upgraded or given a patch so if you only play story or extra, whats their limit? 50? 100? 200?

KaiNova7
Oct 30, 2006, 10:32 PM
Personally I never "raced" to the level cap, but on pso I played fairly alot, gaining levels by rare hunting and etc....and once u get to high levels.....the game imo is even more fun....So, I'll probably do the same this time around.

JohnBerserker
Nov 1, 2006, 04:49 PM
On 2006-10-30 19:23, Slade002 wrote:
a bit off topic but about this whole lvl caps thing, how does tha work for offline ppl? i dont see how their cap could be upgraded or given a patch so if you only play story or extra, whats their limit? 50? 100? 200?

dunno for sure but i think the offline caps might be a bit higher than online. in story mode im lv 53. everyones sayin the cap is 50 but its not for story. havent tested this in extra mode tho. if i ever find out cap(before someone else at least) ill post it somewhere.

drmcst45
Nov 1, 2006, 04:54 PM
i'm level 36 but it took like 55 hours.

i'm sure those 45+ spent at least 70 hours

Typhoeus
Nov 1, 2006, 05:02 PM
On 2006-10-30 10:45, Beck wrote:
What is it with you people? i'm level 21 and i could care less about the "HxC" players, maybe their goal was to be one of the first to reach lvl cap whenever the gamecame out, but anyways thats none of your or my bussines.They payed their good money and are trying to get the most out of it, if they are pathetic no-life having geeks then let them be.I mean does it really bother you that much? jesus

Word

And...wtf is HxC?
Edit: HxC = hardcore

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Typhoeus on 2006-11-01 14:08 ]</font>

RussInDaHill
Nov 1, 2006, 05:16 PM
69 hours -lvl 22

I like to fart around

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2006, 05:29 PM
I believe the offline levelcap was found via hacking to be lv100.

Russ2576
Nov 1, 2006, 05:30 PM
Personally, I think it's kinda dumb to rush to the level cap right now, since we don't have access to the Expert types yet. And I'd rather grind with that, then without.

Vanner
Nov 1, 2006, 05:37 PM
These people have no self respect and no fucking lives.
All it does is ruin it for people who dont play games 24/7 and live in their basements.

Phaze37
Nov 1, 2006, 05:58 PM
I'm only level 10 and i've had this game ever since it was available in my city. Why oh why did it have to come out on the same day that i get two massive assignments on top of my usual homework load? I just don't have the kind of time for this game that I used to have for PSO.

Ryoga4523
Nov 1, 2006, 06:08 PM
lol^^^ I am so glad that undergrad is over with.... but i probably will not have any time for this game after christmas. Going to be in Law School ^_^... but cant play PSU http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif. Oh well, I would rather work hard now and play later.

Beezzy
Nov 1, 2006, 06:27 PM
On 2006-11-01 14:37, Vanner wrote:
All it does is ruin it for people who dont play games 24/7 and live in their basements.

Sounds like someone is jelous. Thats the only answer to hating on someone that has more time to do something and perfect themselves doing it. Its just a game get over yourself.

DeRolLe
Nov 1, 2006, 06:44 PM
On 2006-11-01 14:37, Vanner wrote:

What a terrible attitude. You can only guess at what these folks are like. Chances are youve never even been in a game with one of them, much less interacted on an even level (ie, w/out bias) They arent in your game, they are providing higher level items for people to make your job even easier. Don't hate on them because thier schedule allows them to play more than you atm.

StratixEVO
Nov 1, 2006, 07:37 PM
On 2006-10-30 12:13, Wang_Tang wrote:
I think it's kind of disappointing that the level cap is only 50 =/. I was hoping for at least 100, or 200 like in ver 2/ep I&II... heh. I think the desirable thing about lvl 200 in previous pso's was that it takes a very long time to reach, and is therefore "unattainable" (not really, but you know what I mean). I can't really imagine what there is to do in this game once you reach the cap... There's no pvp O.o;

They unlock new caps with updates, next is 60, its expected to hit 100-200 tho.