PDA

View Full Version : I just quit WOW account for PSU!

seek
Oct 30, 2006, 09:22 AM
you think i did the right thing?

i hope i have i have to wait till the 24th november as i live in the UK.

cheers

Seek

Dhylec
Oct 30, 2006, 09:38 AM
It's hard to be bias-free on a fansite, but you can confirm your decision here. Let the fans & the game speak for themselves. ;]
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=124007&forum=20&65

seek
Oct 30, 2006, 09:40 AM
ok thx http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

i have been playing PSO since good old DC times so i know i really like the games.

one thing tho can anyone point the right place to import PSU for my pal UK xbox360?

and is it hard to sort out getting online from here (uk) on the 360?

Pandatron
Oct 30, 2006, 10:21 AM
Hm... depends, if you want your end game gameplay to consist of a broken PVP system and 4-8 hour raids that don't catch your fancy you did the right thing. If you want an end game that has yet to be predicted (probably item hunt grinding for endless hours while trying to make the perfect gear) you made the right choice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

seek
Oct 30, 2006, 10:32 AM
yeah thats why i quit

am sick of raiding for 4 to 5 hours a night to get one item every 2 months :s

Para
Oct 30, 2006, 01:06 PM
I don't think enough people know about PSU.... we need to spread the love of PSU to other mmorpgs and probably target specific groups.

Relam
Oct 30, 2006, 01:09 PM
Yeah, once I hit 60 in WoW, I never played on my 60 again. I only have a few hours to play a game every night, and when trying to meet up for raids, this can take an hour or 2 before everyone gets together. And then the party may wipe a few times if there are some crappy players, which makes the run last longer than it should.

Back then PSO and now PSU fulfills my casual habits much much better.

HiKeRI
Oct 30, 2006, 01:21 PM
Seek, i congratulate you for being smart, WoW i liked it on the start but got me bored once i got higher on lv's especially the time consuming on waiting for everyone to just do something.

Phalynx
Oct 30, 2006, 01:25 PM
Yea, the game is really fun in the begining, but soon just becomes rather tedious and time consuming. PSU was an excellent choice over WoW, as I did the exact same thing.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 30, 2006, 03:36 PM
i quit wow for this game, helps i played pso before wow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Spacepest
Oct 30, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-10-30 07:21, Pandatron wrote:
Hm... depends, if you want your end game gameplay to consist of a broken PVP system and 4-8 hour raids that don't catch your fancy you did the right thing. If you want an end game that has yet to be predicted (probably item hunt grinding for endless hours while trying to make the perfect gear) you made the right choice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

QFT. I like WoW, I just hate the endgame guild and raiding systems. When I get on a game, I want to PLAY, not wait hours for a party (or even worse, 20-40 people to show up for a big raid)! Gear be damned. PSO you could always do that...party or solo.

I'm taking a break from WoW until they release the next expansion, Burning Crusade.

Wang_Tang
Oct 30, 2006, 03:53 PM
I'll put it to you this way:

- Played WoW since day one of open beta.
- 4 60's
- Main is epic'd out, and I was the leader of a raiding guild, and very dedicated (while I could be, got a job and couldn't raid as much).

In the end, you log into WoW, look at your characters, and sigh, because you know there's nothing to do. Raiding is horribley boring. PVP is fun, but doing it all day long is pointless (especially when your gear is better than what you could get from having a high pvp rank anyway). I prefer small groups, farming/grinding, and no raid schedule.

Also I played PSO from nearly day 1 on the dreamcast v1, through v2, and from day 1 of Episode I & II on gamecube (for about a year). PSU is a breath of fresh air compared to WoW raiding life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wang_Tang on 2006-10-30 12:55 ]</font>

Yuskey
Oct 30, 2006, 03:56 PM
i love WoW too, but i canceled my account, not spaifically for this game, but im soon to get PSU, but i canceled and i was doing great, but it was tooo time consuming. you couldnt log on for 10-30 minutes and get anything done, it took that long to get a group, WoW is great for ppl with ABSOLUTLEY no life, because it is a lot of fun, but can get boring at times, and to time consuming, i just absoluley loved the PvP. which is something i wish this game had, also, im money tight, so the 9.99 price a month is helpful.

Jasam
Oct 30, 2006, 04:03 PM
On 2006-10-30 12:56, Yuskey wrote:
i love WoW too, but i canceled my account, not spaifically for this game, but im soon to get PSU, but i canceled and i was doing great, but it was tooo time consuming. you couldnt log on for 10-30 minutes and get anything done, it took that long to get a group, WoW is great for ppl with ABSOLUTLEY no life, because it is a lot of fun, but can get boring at times, and to time consuming, i just absoluley loved the PvP. which is something i wish this game had, also, im money tight, so the 9.99 price a month is helpful.

You think WoW was time consuming....
I think it was a 3 hour average for groups in FFXI..
I shudder when I think of how much of a slow grind that game was ¬.¬

Yuskey
Oct 30, 2006, 04:09 PM
On 2006-10-30 13:03, Jasam wrote:

On 2006-10-30 12:56, Yuskey wrote:

that is why i never played FFXI lmao.... iv always thought it looked ok, but never picked it up. WoW IS time consuming...FFXI may be more...
You think WoW was time consuming....
I think it was a 3 hour average for groups in FFXI..
I shudder when I think of how much of a slow grind that game was ¬.¬

colicab
Oct 30, 2006, 04:43 PM
Why quit one for another? 2 very diff games. I personally am keepin my WOW account open, so as i can enjoy BC when it hits, but will continue to play PSU.

I think i,ll probs go a month about so as to keep each as fresh as poss whilst playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yuskey
Oct 30, 2006, 04:48 PM
On 2006-10-30 13:43, colicab wrote:
Why quit one for another? 2 very diff games. I personally am keepin my WOW account open, so as i can enjoy BC when it hits, but will continue to play PSU.

I think i,ll probs go a month about so as to keep each as fresh as poss whilst playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

why quit one for another, money, before i had MXO SWG COH and WoW all opened at the same tame ( DONT BUY MxO Matrix Online.. lol unless it has improved a lOT!!!!) but yea, i actually canceled em all, and have none, because im broke and WoW is to time consuming.. but im about to go rent this to check out the 1 player.

Zaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 04:50 PM
FFXI was horribly made. The ideas were great, but the giant grind fest, plus very hard monsters, and leveling down made the game more frusterating then enjoyable.

Also, I don't think WoW is too bad. It has its up and downs, but every game is like that.

KirinDave
Oct 30, 2006, 05:39 PM
WoW is a well-designed game, but the endgame just falls flat. Your choices are:

1) Become tied to at least 40 people for the ability to make small amounts of progress and grind.
2) Play a very unbalanced PvP over and over.

WoW would have had so much more life to it if it had some kind of multi-job system.