PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some mentoring...

Polenicus
Oct 30, 2006, 10:04 AM
The game has barely launched, and already I'm feeling lost and behind the curve...

I'm currently a level 12 hunter (With a couple of alts which I use for farming at the moment). I'm using purely storebought gear... haven't attempted to PM raise or synth anything more than basic meds (Though I will be PM raising now that I have a better idea how that works). Raising meseta is a bit of a struggle, but I'm nearly to 18k where I can buy my shop ticket, which I figure will help moneymaking, if not now, in the future when the economy picks up.

Now, I know I need to start synthing gear from now on, as I'm pretty much reaching the limit of store-bought gear. I'm a Hunter, primarily focusing on Twin Sabers and Greatswords (With handguns for ranged). My goal is to eventually unlock Figunner, add Doublesabers, Dual Handguns and Mechguns to my repetoire. I've gotten to level 2 Hunter so far. My armor is underlevelled and I only have one unit equipped so far.

For right now, most of my cash comes from solo Linear or Parum runs (Selling off the low-star junk to NPC's, keeping the 7+ star items and useful synth boards for later... though I have yet to encounter a decent weapon or armor synth board). I'm actually trying to limit my XP gain while maximizing my mission points to keep from having to continually upgrade gear and to get Hunter and Ranger levelled as fast as possible.

So... can anyone help guide me along? Where should I go to acquire materials, boards etc for my chosen weapons and armor? Am I doing things right as far as moneymaking, or am I just making it harder? I just want to make sure I'm not digging myself a hole I'll later regret.

Dhylec
Oct 30, 2006, 10:13 AM
Let's just say you have thought about a lot of things, some I haven't even paid attention to, but you forget one thing: have fun trying new things out.

You have up to 4 slots to make, that's not a lot, but not little either. Try them out! Some here might have JP experience, but most are new, like you. We are all learning.

Don't stress yourself out over-planning at the first week. PSU isn't so locked up like PSO. There is more in the future to change. ;]

soyboy
Oct 30, 2006, 10:15 AM
As far as aquiring materials and boards the linear line is ok but you are really only going to get 1 to 2 star synth boards or materials. My personal experience is that farming both the Relics on Parum or the temple on Nuediaz gives a much better return but with your current level you are going to need a party. Synthing weapons is definately the way to go. Since you are a hunter leveling up your PM striking stat shouldn't be too difficult. Start synthing lower class weapons then move on to highr star weapons, don't forget to put on different attributesso that you're ready for any situation. Once you synth a weapon be ready to grind it up to level 4 at least to maximize damage potential while minimizing the chance of losing the equip to grinding. Until you can really synth weapons and upgrade them the shop ticket is a moot point without inventory. I currently have a shop tickect but have held off opening my shop unitl I can synth the inventory to sell. Definately use all your photon arts especially when farming Linear Line. I would attack only with photon arts until my PP ran out to maximize EXP gain for the photon art. Thats all I can think of for now. I'll add more as it comes to me.