PDA

View Full Version : New to PSU

Graven_Vaduex
Oct 30, 2006, 10:05 AM
As the topic states I am new to PSU, though... I am not new to Phantasy Star. I have been around since PSO on the DC as well as when it moved to the GC, I even stuck around for EP 3 which… was interesting in its own. I also hung around a bit for PSO BB. Many of you may have saw me on either of these, same character always being a ranger male named Lone Wolf. But anyway, I now find myself at a cross road… I want PSU… but I don’t know if it’s worth it, I have heard a lot from many saying it’s not all that great and from others saying it’s the best thing to happen to Phantasy Star. So if someone can tell me if it’s any good or not, I would appreciate it. Now, once I figure if I want the game or not, I have to choose which system I want it on… PS2 or Xbox 360… Now from my point of view, it seems the 360 is better, but that’s only from my point… I have heard that playing online on the 360 seems to require you to have a gold account… which I will get if I decide I want it there. Last but most defiantly not least, is that I want to find a group to hang about with again. I miss my old days of just playing PSO with a few friends... so if anyone is intrest; let me know... my xbox 360 gamer tag is Graven Vaduex. I would have had the game the day it came out, but cooped with these decisions (and bills ><) I kind of had to wait, come Friday that’s when I get paid thus hopefully maybe get game. I have been coming to this site for a while, yet never took the time to actually sign up... Perhaps because I never felt I had anything to say, so… as I said before, if anyone can help me with these things, please do.

Dhylec
Oct 30, 2006, 10:15 AM
If you aren't sure, see the feedback from those who played it.
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=124007&forum=20&65

Polenicus
Oct 30, 2006, 10:17 AM
I'm an old School PSO fan, all the way back from Version 1 up to Episode I & II (Episode II killed it for me).

PSU is excellent. It's old school PSO-style gameplay at its finest. What I always loved about PSO was you could log on for an hour, meet up with some friends or just enter a random game and kill things. Levels didn't matter... you could be 10 levels apart, and as long as you were able to hold your own, it was fun. There were lots of different weapon choices which supported different playstyles, and (Despite the voices to the contrary) no 'ultimate' combination. Only the best combination for you.

PSU is ALL of that. It fixes problems with the original PSO, gives you more options, and adds item synthesis and a functioning economy. If you liked PSO, I don't see why you wouldn't like PSU.

Graven_Vaduex
Oct 30, 2006, 06:58 PM
Well, I know I want it... but the question still stands as to which system I should get it on, that and I wish to know if the 360 version is still haveing problems as to only being able to play with a gold account.