PDA

View Full Version : better weapons, how to obtain?

MachineMaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 01:22 PM
Okay i played PSO all the way back on DC and I loved killing the dragon and seeing stuff drop and hoping for a cool weapon, now I hear you get his tail ..for a decoration!

I've been playing and i noticed that weapons don't drop alot like they used to, and these stupid boards are now the 'in' thing. Is there no way to get better weapons (better then the store) from drops or do i have to MAKE them? That's dumb if you have to make them personally. i may pass on PSU if you have to make them :/ please give me hope that weapons drop that are good cause all i'm getting is sabers, handguns and wands :/ and oh! some crappy twin swords.

Saigan
Oct 30, 2006, 01:26 PM
Higher ranking quests have better drops including more weapons, boards, and ingredients. Unfortunately not many folks are up to running A rank missions yet or are not level 20 to do even the first A rank mission (Linear Line of course).

I tried it for a while solo as I couldn't find any parties and as a Force it took me a significant amount of time to clear one room. On the plus side when enemies drop Meseta they drop a good amount =P

HiKeRI
Oct 30, 2006, 01:29 PM
If you want the whole server having the best "top" weapon of PSU, and looking the same, doing the same dmg, there wont be competition, you need to make them, though it would be nice if you could make them and some are just found as drops, but for me making them is the best way fit, i don't like to see many people not being original on there ways.

Ryoga4523
lol... me too. It sucks so bad. The worst part is spending all the money on the ortiscila(sp?) and the nanoscila(sp?) that are like 500 meseta a piece, and havign your dumb robot give you a monomate >_<!!!! I did that trying to make a nice rod (shakes head) The worst part of it was that I tried to grind my wep and it broke, but i was like its all good, cause I have the same rod waiting for me in my room cause the PM should be about down with it now. Get to my room to find a monomate.... dissaointment was high that hour.

Battra
So far, I've not been to anything past Level 15 monsters. I've found: swords, twinsabers, wands, guns, etc. Just like in the original PSOs...nothing good in the lower levels. I will be trying to make things today. I'm hoping to make something snazzy.

We'll see. The making items bit doesn't bother me one iota. Seems kinda neat.

Zeizen
Oct 30, 2006, 01:44 PM
So far the best weapons I have found are the boards for 9250. I synthed the Sword, Twin Daggers, and the Knuckles of em so far. Spear next http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ryoga4523
Oct 30, 2006, 01:59 PM
It is fun, because no there is a chance of failure. So it makes you even more excited when you do it

MachineMaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 02:04 PM
Ryoga I am SO with you, i mean i remember killing the dragon and seeing a red box and being like ZOMG! running up and praying for a better, cool weapons. now it's like ....what?

synth sucks so much to me, getting the boards, then the items THEN a chance to fail?! wth?! that's bull, it's supposed to be a game, not grochery shopping >.<

HiKeRI
Oct 30, 2006, 02:06 PM
Well its not like you can get everything just handed to you, its just to easy and lame, you work for what you get and represent your work with your skills aswell.

I mean its not like its hard at all... Check FFXI synth for a second, now thats useless, spending millions for just a little upgrade, PSU is not FFXI but to tell you the truth PSU is so far way to easy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiKeRI on 2006-10-30 11:09 ]</font>

MachineMaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 02:09 PM
.....I'm not asking for hand outs, so your saying that pso was all hand outs then because weapons dropped?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MachineMaiden on 2006-10-30 11:09 ]</font>

HiKeRI
Oct 30, 2006, 02:11 PM
PSO so far to me it seems it was hand outs since players got bored of working to the item, mostly just wanted to dupe/create them, or just do 2-3 runs at a dragon to just get a weapon thats not really that hard to find.

MachineMaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 02:12 PM
have you even played PSO? some weapons were harder to get then this synth stuff.

HiKeRI
Oct 30, 2006, 02:13 PM
Mostly was kiddie to me actually, i played since first DC version, and to me if i was you, i would been working on those better weapon's instead of whining about how lame the new system is.

MachineMaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 02:18 PM
you have your opinions, i have mine, my my arn't we pmsing much

aquafire
Oct 30, 2006, 02:20 PM
Excuse me for butting in but are there any special weapons like the Battle Verge for example? All I see are run of the mill weapons so far.

BTW I just got to Moatoob. (spelled wrong)

Ryoga4523
Oct 30, 2006, 02:23 PM
Too right machinemaiden... I remember playing PSO and running into the red poifoilly(sp?) slime. Me and the other three players ran to kill him. I think the wep that dropped was the meteor cudgel or something. But if it was not for duping, it would be just as hard in PSO to get good weps as it is in PSU. Except now it is the board or an ingredient for a good wep is rare. So i guess even fewer ppl will have SUPER DUPER AWESOME weps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif... but it is good so it will not be like WoW where everyone looks the same

Wang_Tang
Oct 30, 2006, 02:37 PM
I personally like the idea of a crafting system in PSU. It makes it alot more unique and customizeable in terms of your personal choice in weapons. Sure, in PSO, weapons had percentages on them that determined what mobs they were good against, but in PSU (with elemental photons) you can customize what weapons are good against which mobs. In PSO, I considered the weapon drop system to be rather easy. I could have any weapon, armor, unit, etc that I wanted, ever, just by making a character of a specific secID, levelling them up, and farming it. Took time, yes, but I didn't need to rely on a trade-economy based on hacked and duped items http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

But yeah, crafting is fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif hah. There are still rare dropped items and weapons, so meh. Really it's PSO + more cool features if you think about it.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 02:41 PM
Synthing is really fun. You pretty much have to start once you hit the low 20s in order to get the fifth weapon of whatever kind you prefer. I already had the materials for my Vullseye by the time I bought the board and synthed one on my first try. I'm trying to decide if I want to make two more (well, try to) and sell them to other players or if I want to just focus on synthing more guns of other types.

As an aside, dropped rares and such happen later on in further content updates... but synthing is going to be a huge part of the game when it comes to getting rares, now.

PSO was largely boring when it came to rare hunting. Kill the same crap over and over and over and over and over. At least this game has some other steps to it, including the ever-risky "how far do I try to grind this thing that took me days to get?"

Wang_Tang
Oct 30, 2006, 02:48 PM
Yeah, it's kinda like PSO meets RO's upgrade system

Zalinian
Oct 30, 2006, 03:27 PM
On 2006-10-30 11:04, MachineMaiden wrote:
Ryoga I am SO with you, i mean i remember killing the dragon and seeing a red box and being like ZOMG! running up and praying for a better, cool weapons. now it's like ....what?

synth sucks so much to me, getting the boards, then the items THEN a chance to fail?! wth?! that's bull, it's supposed to be a game, not grochery shopping >.<

I think the synth process is great. Even with a chance to fail, its more like real crafting, especially when some slots are variable, resulting in different items.
That sounds alot better to me then killing a uncommon monster over an over trying to get a item to drop that unfortunatly has a drop rate of 1/18,000.

If your such a big fan of PSO you should very well remember how much of a pain it was to get anything good. *Remembers trying to get a Sealed J-Sword let alone unlocking it*

Most items had a drop rate from 1/5,000 to as small as 1/30,000 if I remember clearly. Thats a bit insane if you ask me.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 03:30 PM
That's kind of it. Things won't be unattainable (some of the stuff in PSO might as well be a myth for 99% of the people no matter how often they did certain runs)... you just have to be smart, careful, and patient.

Also, I personally treasure the hell out of my Vullseye. I made it myself, I ground it myself, and I use it to make things dead. From afar. I never valued anything in PSO (except maybe my Devil Wings mag) as much as I value my Vullseye +4, and though fairly darn good at this point in PSU's evolution, it's total crap compared to what'll be available down the line.

I can't wait to synth the PSU equivalent of a Guld Milla or something.

Killuminati
Oct 30, 2006, 03:41 PM
On 2006-10-30 10:22, MachineMaiden wrote:
Okay i played PSO all the way back on DC and I loved killing the dragon and seeing stuff drop and hoping for a cool weapon, now I hear you get his tail ..for a decoration!

I've been playing and i noticed that weapons don't drop alot like they used to, and these stupid boards are now the 'in' thing. Is there no way to get better weapons (better then the store) from drops or do i have to MAKE them? That's dumb if you have to make them personally. i may pass on PSU if you have to make them :/ please give me hope that weapons drop that are good cause all i'm getting is sabers, handguns and wands :/ and oh! some crappy twin swords.

You have to synthesis them its not that bad and you can get better weapons with the specials to the weapons like fire, lightning etc.. In PSO most of the good rares the ones that everyone were impoosible to find. Actually I never found any of the good rares in the whole year that I played it. Never found Monkey King Bar, J Sword, etc to many to name. PSO most people got there rare weapons from dupes. I have yet to see a rare weapon in PSU though.

Killuminati
Oct 30, 2006, 03:46 PM
On 2006-10-30 11:23, Ryoga4523 wrote:
Too right machinemaiden... I remember playing PSO and running into the red poifoilly(sp?) slime. Me and the other three players ran to kill him. I think the wep that dropped was the meteor cudgel or something. But if it was not for duping, it would be just as hard in PSO to get good weps as it is in PSU. Except now it is the board or an ingredient for a good wep is rare. So i guess even fewer ppl will have SUPER DUPER AWESOME weps http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif... but it is good so it will not be like WoW where everyone looks the same

Exactly duping made it easy for people to have rares. It's so fun to play legit and now to have everyone on the same level.

Jasam
Oct 30, 2006, 04:01 PM
On 2006-10-30 12:27, Zalinian wrote:

On 2006-10-30 11:04, MachineMaiden wrote:

I think the synth process is great. Even with a chance to fail, its more like real crafting, especially when some slots are variable, resulting in different items.
That sounds alot better to me then killing a uncommon monster over an over trying to get a item to drop that unfortunatly has a drop rate of 1/18,000.

If your such a big fan of PSO you should very well remember how much of a pain it was to get anything good. *Remembers trying to get a Sealed J-Sword let alone unlocking it*

Most items had a drop rate from 1/5,000 to as small as 1/30,000 if I remember clearly. Thats a bit insane if you ask me.

Some were about 1/300,000

I think Pinkal Phsyco of the lower seabed bot things ^-^'... why do names fail me