PDA

View Full Version : Censors

Oxi
Oct 30, 2006, 02:31 PM
Honestly I can understand all the censoring of bad words and I think that is great. But why is Halo censored. I have to type h@lo if i want to tell my friends what i want to go play. Either sega has a wierd grudge or someone working there was really bored. Please vote on my poll.

ABDUR101
Oct 30, 2006, 02:33 PM
From what I recall, 'God' is censored as well. They have always had a wonky censoring system, such as being unable to say 'saturday' because 'turd' is in it. I don't really care anymore though, because I'm on LIVE and can use voicechat, but back in the DC days, it was a tad annoying.

Squall179
Oct 30, 2006, 03:18 PM
and sicne God is a religious related name/word, Halo as well has religious connotations as well.

Seriously it does. Their kidna.....yeah, but their there.

Hence most likely he reasoning for the censoring

Axispoint
Oct 31, 2006, 06:24 AM
On 2006-10-30 11:33, ABDUR101 wrote:
From what I recall, 'God' is censored as well. They have always had a wonky censoring system, such as being unable to say 'saturday' because 'turd' is in it. I don't really care anymore though, because I'm on LIVE and can use voicechat, but back in the DC days, it was a tad annoying.

Ah, reminds me of the good ol' days when just typing out an innocent word like shoes made you look like a perv or something >_< Did definately make DC annoying at times, lol. Hopefully it's better in PSU (don't remember how it was in Blue Burst unfortunately).

Daikarin
Oct 31, 2006, 06:54 AM
Is "shoe" still banned as well?

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 31, 2006, 02:36 PM
I believe that PSU allows you to talk about your "shoes" without talking about your S-Hoes. Why we still can't talk about a printer queue is beyond me. Apparently, we also are unable to talk about Sega, as I understand that this word is also censored. Furthermore, we can't inform other people of what sort of device you need to dip in your water to turn it into tea.

We really should establish a list of censored words that really should have no business being censored and post it here, on the site where we can all spam link Sega's customer support to, in an effort to bring attention to this mild annoyance.

CupOfCoffee
Oct 31, 2006, 02:43 PM
I love the dumb sensorings! They're a part of PSO lore and culture as far as I'm concerned. I wonder if PSU players are allowed to say "snowman goodness," unlike their PSO predecessors.