PDA

View Full Version : "why does every noob"

Shrevn
Nov 15, 2002, 11:14 PM
Think they can be a force?

I dotn get this... %90 of the forces on pso right now are noobs and just run to boxes in Ultimate forest actually thinkin theyll find a rare????
wtf is wrong with you dont you know the best youll find its a stag cutterly... and thats garbage... and they dont even boost up... which is the worse part, they say "I might be a force but you dont own me so i dont boost" im like wtf... dude im a humar.. we cant if i could i would moron... Ived seen a small amount of them that actually know what there doing. The game isnt about rares its about playing with eachother and cove eachothers back.

I really dont care i can cover my back in ult and thats not a problem, It mighta been before when i was lower in lvs and didnt have good rares... but i hate to see the weaker robots and hu characters to get killed constatly because of a stupid force not doing their job.

Now if you decide to post back and your a force answer me one thing....

WHAT is your purpose as a character?
you know you cant go head on and fight like a humar cant and you dont have the gun skills like RA characters do... thats the REASON your a force... cause your diff, so your only reason to be its support the team and when you can use your magic as an attack BUT YOU KNOW that not even a grants lv 30 with s/d and j/z on a monster wont hit as hard as a HU or a good RA char can in one shot... so face it do your job as a character and help out the pso comunity.

Most of the forces ived seen just stand around use the weak type magic which is good sometimes... to conserve TP. Then RUN straight to boxes lmao but the funniest thing its that when were ona quest and the boxes are actually full of traps and bring out mosters or traps and they die, WHO has to revive them? Exacly.... so please if your a force read faqs or try other characters.

-This is not a rant but verry close to it.
-Many typos dont bother bringin that up
-I hate you all! heh j/k

ginko990
Nov 15, 2002, 11:19 PM
i agree with 110% of what you said. It pisses me off so godamn much when your playing with a FO and he runs around with his godamn finger in his asshole. And every 10 minutes you have to go s/d, hell cast then itll run out and hell do nothing!
GET A FUCKING CLUE!

sogoX
Nov 15, 2002, 11:28 PM
they arent gamers. they just fall short of a cheater. i mean they both want rares and dont help out anyone. they may also be inpatient. they might have gotten the game and know nothing. personaly i was like that. i wanted to get rares. but the want of many outways the want of the few. the few being the currupted newbies. give them some time and they will see the wrong doing of there ways.

but yea that is anoying....

Etrigan
Nov 15, 2002, 11:59 PM
Obviously none of you have played forces. Fluids are expensive, and spells use TP up real fast, even if you have over 1000TP. They're likely running from box to box to stock up on worthless armor and weapons to sell so they can afford to shifta your asses.

While I agree that if a force isn't supporting the team they're worthless, they're not cheaters simply because they stock up on items.

Vandal
Nov 16, 2002, 12:04 AM
O.o; Running around firing off WEAK techs??? Then again you guys are talking about Ult and I'm not there yet. In norm my FOnewm is better at killing things at lv10 than HU are twice his level.. I think part of the problem you are seeing is that they don't know which techs to use against which enemies due to lack of experiance or lack of willingnesss to really contribute dmg to the fight. Another part of the problem (not with the ones that tell you they won't buff you of course) is that a lot of them probably aren't twinked (cause they just got the game a week ago or whatever and its their first char) and they just don't HAVE higher lv support techs yet. I agree completely though that a FO not doing its job is one of the most annoying things you can ever find in this game.. I don't have decent S/D yet but at least Jinjiro stops blasting long enough to cast Resta on teamates in need.

Shrevn
Nov 16, 2002, 12:16 AM
Posted: 2002-11-15 20:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously none of you have played forces. Fluids are expensive, and spells use TP up real fast, even if you have over 1000TP. They're likely running from box to box to stock up on worthless armor and weapons to sell so they can afford to shifta your asses.

While I agree that if a force isn't supporting the team they're worthless, they're not cheaters simply because they stock up on items.

Ived had Force characters DO now and did back on DC. Yes they are expsinve and so are TRIMATEs and DIMATEs that HU and RA characters have to use because of a NOT HELPFULL force on your team, more to say Robots then HU since they dont have Resta.
I do agree they have to pick up worthless items to make money so does everybody but that doesnt make it right so that they have to run to every box and forget about the team.

Posted: 2002-11-15 21:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
O.o; Running around firing off WEAK techs??? Then again you guys are talking about Ult and I'm not there yet. In norm my FOnewm is better at killing things at lv10 than HU are twice his level.. I think part of the problem you are seeing is that they don't know which techs to use against which enemies due to lack of experiance or lack of willingnesss to really contribute dmg to the fight. Another part of the problem (not with the ones that tell you they won't buff you of course) is that a lot of them probably aren't twinked (cause they just got the game a week ago or whatever and its their first char) and they just don't HAVE higher lv support techs yet. I agree completely though that a FO not doing its job is one of the most annoying things you can ever find in this game.. I don't have decent S/D yet but at least Jinjiro stops blasting long enough to cast Resta on teamates in need.

Forces are way stronger at the beginning of the game... youll see as you go along how weak you get and your tecks do NONE to lil damage.

DarthWufei
Nov 16, 2002, 12:18 AM
On 2002-11-15 20:59, Etrigan wrote:

EXACTLY! One thing I HATE! Is when I enter a game and the hunters take EVERY box. That leaves me with no extra cash to buy fluids and I'm forced to take money from my bank to buy fluids. Then some hunters have the audacity to take fluids that drop!

It's hard for non-force players to understand how important it is for a force to keep a steady income. 10 Difluids are 5k. Keep in mind we do not use fluids JUST to refill our TP bar. We also have to feed our mags. So that's 3 Difluids per mag feed (Monofluids are a nono, they lower Sync or IQ I forget which). Then keep in mind Difluids usually don't even fill a whole TP bar. I have almost 1100 TP (I'm a FOmar) and on vhard it would take 3 Difluids to fill my bar. So forces go through a TON of fluids.

Also do not forgot the costs of high level techs! Whenever I find a tech I can use in a shop, I get it. Today I saw a RAzonda lvl 12 for around 5400 meseta. @_@!

So basically it's come to the point where. If hunters are taking items they obviously don't need or can't use (like wands, canes, even crap armor) while leaving the force with nothing (Remember, forces are always in the back and never near the item drops). Then I'll just refuse to S/D/Resta those players. I will cast reverser and anti, but that's it.

Now if I play with characters who are actually nice. And let me take a ton of left overs. I play as the game should be played. Always trying to remember to S/D and keeping the team heavily supported.

Lastly, I see too much pressure put on the forces about playing cooperatively. The hunters constantly stealing item drops, rangers using spreads to open every box at once then taking all items (Yes, forces can use a GI or RA spell to do that, but that's a waste of TP. Wasting TP is a no no!), then leaving nothing for forces is quite rude and doesn't help encourage playing coopertively.

Basically forces are getting more and more used to thinking that all hunters will take all the items. So they are forces to run to drops right after a monster dies to snag the weapon. Maybe it's time everyone in PSO realized how fun the game is if everyone helps each other out. But I don't see that happening for a long while.

Rhete
Nov 16, 2002, 12:23 AM
On 2002-11-15 21:16, wobba wrote:
Posted: 2002-11-15 20:59

Forces are way stronger at the beginning of the game... youll see as you go along how weak you get and your tecks do NONE to lil damage.

Hahaha, what? You really are playing with n00bs. My foie can do 600 damage in ult caves, even more in forest. And way more (850+) offline.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 16, 2002, 10:20 AM
No one class goes after the bosses - it's just the selfish player that does that. I've seen classes of everykind go after the boxes before the enemies; heck, I've seen a RAnger go after boxes first in c-mode.

If you don't like the FOrce on the team, just leave. I suppose it's tougher if you're an android or a HUmar and can't cast s/d yourself.

If you're a non-tech or low-tech user, do the FOrce a favor and drop fluids for him/her like you would in c-mode.

As for everyone saying that it's expensive to play as a FOrce - Not really. At the start everyone'll run into financial problems (I've met lv 70 + HUcasts that had near 0 meseta in the bank) Just keep doing mines and/or the fake in yellow so you can sell the shields you get. As long as you avoid using trifuilds, it's not that bad.

RavenTW
Nov 16, 2002, 10:47 AM
To play Devil's advocate:

Why does a Force HAVE to Shifta and Deband others? It's their game, their character, their TP, let them do what they want. You can't help it if they will be selfish and take everything.

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2002, 11:02 AM
you could still use a teleport and go to the hospital instead of using a trifluid... or when you play force and the others pick all the items, you just set a pipe and ask them to give you enough meseta for 10 trifluids. if they refuse, leave the game or refuse to support them.
and before you go, tell them that this game is about teamwork and finding and keeping friends, not about having a godlike character with the best items possible.

edit:
@ravenTW
this may be a good way when the co-players behave selfish but definitely not a way to start the game, like:
"you want s/d? pay me! PAY ME!!! WAHAHAHA!"
^_^;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2002-11-16 08:11 ]</font>

Shrevn
Nov 16, 2002, 12:11 PM
Well like i said it before raven... whats the point of being a force then? You game you TP? ya sure but i also have my own TP and i dont mind using j/z whenever i can to help out and my Resta is used constantly to help out others.

Just last night, Me and wachuku were on a game and TWO of them (I dont wana start namin ppl but you know who you are if you read this) we were on mines and didnt back the team up at all... i mean wtf you think its easy? and to top it off one of them when we get to volt op he decided to take him on by himself and leave us behind lmao like he would actually win. Thats the STUPID attitude that most noobs and ALOT of ppl not only forces are using on pso and it should stop.

rena-ko
Nov 16, 2002, 01:31 PM
they're beginners with a game that needs a lot of experience to be played in a way that does not disturb others.
problem is that most of them dont seem to want to learn how to play this game right, but i think once the initial hype cools down a bit, those who seem uncompatible with the whole meaning of pso go away (or turn into cheaters but this is unlikely because of the high cost of the hunters licence...).

RellikTakahashi
Nov 16, 2002, 01:48 PM
So what if they go for boxes? gheez whats it matter to you. Most people just bust em up for items to sell.

Alielle
Nov 16, 2002, 02:37 PM
Ideally, everybody in a team will share with everyone else and help each other out. However, the ideal conditions are not usually met due to inexperience, lack of funds, or what have you. As a FOnewearl, I had an extremely hard time with money starting out, but I was never stingy with my techs until all the n00b HUmars and HUnewearls started taking everything. I mean everything. I even had a HUnewearl steal a monofluid right from under me, even though she never used any techs. When that happened, I'd just finish whatever area we were playing, supporting them minimally, and then leave immediately with no good-byes (keep in mind that I was the one doing the most damage, too). Even with generous players, I quickly ran out of both fluids and money, so I often had to leave teams to do some offline questing.

Forces are very short on money starting out (and come on, if you're a droid and you're having trouble, I pity you...), and when I see a demanding rant like this, considering there are so many rude Hunters and Rangers who do far worse, it makes me mad. A lot of Forces don't even have any good support techs until level 40 or so. I didn't even have a good Shifta/Deband until level 45-ish. Hell, I still have Anti lv. 1. It just wasn't worth the TP or the effort chasing Hunters' asses all over the field just to give them a S/D that lasts a minute at most.

Anyway, at least a generous HUcaseal realized my situation and gave me a very nice loan. Now that I'm rolling in cash, I intend to repay her with at least 200% interest. It pays to be kind to your local Force!

TeamPhalanx
Nov 16, 2002, 02:56 PM
On 2002-11-16 07:47, RavenTW wrote:
To play Devil's advocate:

Why does a Force HAVE to Shifta and Deband others? It's their game, their character, their TP, let them do what they want. You can't help it if they will be selfish and take everything.

Anytime I see a FOrce not cast support techs, I leave the team. Shifta/Deband makes a whole lotta difference, as does Jellen/Zalure. FOrces must still rely on HUnters & RAngers to do the fighting, and thus, it's best to support them.

Etrigan
Nov 16, 2002, 03:52 PM
Actually Forces don't need any help from hunters. My 43 FOmar can lay it down better than my 54 HUcast (using techs).

You know what makes me mad? HU's running around saying things like "Shifta, Deband now."

It's nice to have S/D right? So remember that, and remember it's not a given nor a necessity. Instead of demanding it, try thanking your Fo's/Hunny's for S/D and resta when you get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Etrigan on 2002-11-16 12:54 ]</font>

Vashin
Nov 16, 2002, 04:02 PM
On 2002-11-16 10:48, RellikTakahashi wrote:
So what if they go for boxes? gheez whats it matter to you. Most people just bust em up for items to sell.

exactly, most forces if any one has played one knows that pretty much when you cast a spell it costs you money. playing a force isnt cheap so lay off them if they are taking more items they need them more to sell.

now on them not boosting then thats a poor player right there.

AMP
Nov 16, 2002, 04:52 PM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems like it's always the HUnters who complain about people going after the boxes first. Maybe they don't realize, that if RAs and FOs don't go after the boxes, they in no way stand a chance of ever finding a decent rare weapon to do damage with (more true with RAs since FOs don't really need weapons). This is especially true in Ultimate, where you really need a good weapon. HUnters are right up where most of the rares will drop, so who cares if the other classes hog the box rares. Rares that drop from monsters are usually better anyways.

HC82
Nov 16, 2002, 07:23 PM
FO = Incredibly expensive at lower levels(1-60).

If you see a FO going after boxes it's because they need the money to support you.

Items sell for around 1000 to 2000 mestas, less in the forest. If I can go through 1000 tp in a decent sized rooms and can't make the 3600 mestas back for a trifluid in those two rooms, iam losing massive money. With 4 people grabing item they don't need for mestas, it's expected for a FO to go after item boxes.

I don't know what level people are generating their opinions on forces at, but shifta deband below level 12 has sad range. If you not FOmar/l your s/d range is quite small. Expecting to be s/d from a range the FO knows won't reach is beyond idiotic. I've had many a hunter plead for S/D when there all the way across the room, and my own personal S/D was only level 8. WTF even bother wasting the tp when the s/d lasts for too short of a time for it to be usefull.

Have you seen a FOmars resta range? It's very small, and resta is quite costly in tp.

This isn't DC PSO. S/D and resta ranges has been REALLY reduced.

There are bad forces, but there are also VERY bad hunters who think a Forces tp comes at no expense.

Fluids are a bitch and feeding a mind mag is even costlier.

I LOSE money everytime I join an open game providing maximum support for my team. I lose up to 15k per stage.

I don't play a bad FO, ive gotten a few compliments actually. But ive reached a point where if iam playing with hunters and rangers who think TP is free, then I simply don't resta or s/d them.

ginko990
Nov 16, 2002, 07:54 PM
On 2002-11-15 20:59, Etrigan wrote:

Wrong, On DC i had every force up to at least level 30, FOmarl over 50. I knwo how much they cost, but I also knew when I wa sonline that Shifta and Deband and Resta was my job, not to run around with a buster and do 7 damage to everything and think i was helping.

TeamPhalanx
Nov 16, 2002, 08:01 PM
On 2002-11-16 12:52, Etrigan wrote:
Actually Forces don't need any help from hunters. My 43 FOmar can lay it down better than my 54 HUcast (using techs).

You know what makes me mad? HU's running around saying things like "Shifta, Deband now."

It's nice to have S/D right? So remember that, and remember it's not a given nor a necessity. Instead of demanding it, try thanking your Fo's/Hunny's for S/D and resta when you get it.

S/D and sometimes J/Z is almost expected of tech users. (I don't know why HUmars don't use J/Z) A lv 43 FOmar doing better than a lv 54 HUcast? That rather hard to believe, unless you had another character raise a mag and or find techs for the FOrce. Either that or the HUcast player isn't all that good.

For those of us who've played as an android, we know the pains of not having S/D and Resta. I simply don't thank someone for casting S/D, since I expect them to do so in the first place. It's like a FOrce thanking an android for leaving behind fluids - I don't, since I expect android to leave 'em behind.

Bottom line is that it just makes everyone life easier if a FOrce supports the team. The HU/RA are better fighters and the FOrce doesn't have to cast any as offensive techs, which cost more TP.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 16, 2002, 08:11 PM
On 2002-11-16 16:23, HC82 wrote:
FO = Incredibly expensive at lower levels(1-60).

If you see a FO going after boxes it's because they need the money to support you.

Items sell for around 1000 to 2000 mestas, less in the forest. If I can go through 1000 tp in a decent sized rooms and can't make the 3600 mestas back for a trifluid in those two rooms, iam losing massive money. With 4 people grabing item they don't need for mestas, it's expected for a FO to go after item boxes.

I don't know what level people are generating their opinions on forces at, but shifta deband below level 12 has sad range. If you not FOmar/l your s/d range is quite small. Expecting to be s/d from a range the FO knows won't reach is beyond idiotic. I've had many a hunter plead for S/D when there all the way across the room, and my own personal S/D was only level 8. WTF even bother wasting the tp when the s/d lasts for too short of a time for it to be usefull.

Have you seen a FOmars resta range? It's very small, and resta is quite costly in tp.

This isn't DC PSO. S/D and resta ranges has been REALLY reduced.

There are bad forces, but there are also VERY bad hunters who think a Forces tp comes at no expense.

Fluids are a bitch and feeding a mind mag is even costlier.

I LOSE money everytime I join an open game providing maximum support for my team. I lose up to 15k per stage.

I don't play a bad FO, ive gotten a few compliments actually. But ive reached a point where if iam playing with hunters and rangers who think TP is free, then I simply don't resta or s/d them.

You know, I never thought about it that way...

I guess I have been rude to the FOrces on my team, by not thanking them and stuff. Next game I play with a force, I'll just ask them how much money they lost, and I'll give them that money back.

Alisha
Nov 16, 2002, 08:30 PM
i think a lot of people were so used to ultimate they dont realize some things like for one in normal and hard hunters dont need shifta and deband to be effective so dont get mad if you see a force running around with sifta and not casting it on you

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 16, 2002, 09:57 PM
On 2002-11-16 17:30, Alisha wrote:
i think a lot of people were so used to ultimate they dont realize some things like for one in normal and hard hunters dont need shifta and deband to be effective so dont get mad if you see a force running around with sifta and not casting it on you

Wobba mentioned Ultimate Forest. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

He said his FO teammates would run straight to the boxes.

But yes. In Normal and Hard, the FO's usually do not have high enough Shifta/Deband to make the best of difference. It will be like less than 100 atp boost for sure and last not very long.

At higher levels, when a FOrce should have high enough Shifta/Deband then its inexcuseable to not fight,with or without techs, not use support spells, and only run to the item boxes in every room.

Ophelia
Nov 16, 2002, 10:02 PM
Everyone seems to have some pretty strong convictions on this issue, so I suppose I'll add in my own two meseta.

As a heavy tech-using hunewearl, and a fonewearl in the DC version, I can tell you that casting support techniques isn't as easy as it looks. It's very expensive and time consuming to build up techs and keep your fluid count high. Even on V-hard forest, my hunewearl burns through fluids, and considering that forces are the rarest character class I see online these days I'm usually put into the position of casting S/D and other support techniques for the party. Fortunately my character ID is Redria and as thus I can sell lots of armor to make up for what I lose.

Perhaps given the unique perspective as a hunewearl I can see things equally from both sides of this issue. However, the majority of my sympathies go to forces. True, there is a responsibility that comes along with all that TP, but just as there are hunters and rangers out there who do a poor job attacking, so is there the occassional force who can't do her job.

I think somebody already made the point that since hunters always find themselves at close range to enemies, their chances of finding rare drops are much higher. It's senseless and silly to view other people as "stealing your rares." PSO is reliant upon teamwork for survival and distrust of others will only diminish your experience. So what if they are newbies? Their joy from finding a DB Saber or a Club of Laconium will be exponentially higher than a veteran of the game.

In fact, the only thing that really annoys me is the overabundance of HUmars named:

1. Cloud
2. SSJ Trunks
3. SSJ Vegita
4. SSJ Goku
5. Sephiroth

Nothing personal, but I've always distrusted HUmars since the hacking days of version 1. If anything, I'm more relieved to see a fomarl or racaseal enter my game. At least they're being original. I say to let the newbs screw up every now and then and keep on playing. Help them out; don't just come here and criticize their actions. Too often I think we take our two years of experience for granted.

RavenTW
Nov 16, 2002, 11:02 PM
Some people don't care about teamwork. This game may have been mainly based on teamwork, but that doesn't mean that you have to work ogether. Personally, I don't care about support techs, unless I need Resta. But being an android, I can just sit around and wait for my HP to restore itself. As for Reverser, it doesn't really matter how I get revived, as long as I do. And when it comes to Shifta/Deband, who gives a flip? Not me. Yes, I know it greatly increases your ATP/DEF, but I prefer to not have it, so I can see how strong I am without it. Yes, it's helpful, but I just don't really care whehter I get an offensive boost. That's my opinion, so don't flame me because of my method of playing

As for a force using weapons instead of techs, that's their method of playing, and they can play the game without you. Now, you can give advice, or maybe give a good weapon you don't need(I gave a Geist Gatling to a force because I knew it would help with TP amount), but don't expect certain things, like Shifta/Deband, Resta, and Reverser. And if you do expect such things, then just play with friends you know will do that.

Maelkith
Nov 17, 2002, 02:05 AM
thank you is on my shortcuts. as a hucast i am always happy to be in range of resta. i try to be very polite and take only what i need. i will walk away from attacking when i am about to pick up something that the force needs. and i try to keep tabs on where they are so they dont get swarmed.

speaking of support, now that traps are available in all stages all difficulties- i think its my job to confuse and freeze a bad swarm of dimenians and sharks. traps are as useful to a team as jellen zalure. and if used right they can save a forces tp.

Vol_Opt
Nov 17, 2002, 03:50 AM
... Bzzt..

.. Reasons stated above.. Enough reason to play an Android-type.. Bzzt..

.. RAcast especially.. May not be useful on team.. Team not required for RAcast.. RAcast has power, ATA, reliable Traps, hitpoints to spare.. Shifta and Deband taken care of by Mag..

.. Avoids issues with teammates by having none..

.. Also.. Goal of game self-determinable.. Not necessarily to have and keep friends..

.. Bzzt..

DB
Nov 17, 2002, 04:21 AM
Vol Opt is kinda right... ~_~ But, it's all your view point of the game. What are you in it for? Are you gfoing to stand out, and hardly pick up any items, be a hero for the team, and loan money, and equipment freely, when it's needed? It's all what you choose to do, play it alone, go with a ferw friends, or try and get along with some strangers. Either way, it's up to you, what purpose you choose to serve.

Vol_Opt
Nov 17, 2002, 04:27 AM
.. Bzzt..

.. Correct.. There will be.. Diablo-type players.. Out only for rares.. Then others will be.. Team players... This unit.. Not Diablo.. Not team.. Picked an Android so this unit could solo effectively..

.. Bzzt.. Just this unit's.. Two bolts..

TeamPhalanx
Nov 17, 2002, 10:51 AM
It's for the good of the team - The better the team does, the better you're off.

Right now Phalanx (HUnewearl) is almost completely ineffective as a fighter in ultimate mode. I joined a team in Ultimate Episode II, and once we got to the seabed, I didn't even bother bring a weapon. Had I used weapons, I wouldn't have be much of a factor. Instead, I just went tech heavy, casting support and offensive techs. That way, I was contributing to the team, and not just taking up a space in the team (which, btw, had a lot of member come in and out - around 10).

Yes, I did have to use a telepipe every 10 minutes to pick up more fluids, but I think the HUcast I was with appreciated the fact that I knew my limits/abilities as a HUnewearl and relied on techs.

Cube
Nov 17, 2002, 11:51 AM
Grr its not even forces! Its Humars too!

So it's my first time in Very Hard, just warped down to Mnts... and im getting whomped. Im a HUcast, and im out of mates, and it had only been about 5 minutes lol... So i kindly ask Cheech, that he Resta me a little more, because I dont want to go to town every 5 min.

The ass hole tells me to improvise, and the only way he'd resta me is if I bought him fluids....

Im sorry, but that's not teamwork, and I will never play with a greedy shmuck like him ever again.

Whatley
Nov 17, 2002, 02:40 PM
On 2002-11-17 00:50, Vol_Opt wrote:
... Bzzt..

.. Reasons stated above.. Enough reason to play an Android-type.. Bzzt..

.. RAcast especially.. May not be useful on team.. Team not required for RAcast.. RAcast has power, ATA, reliable Traps, hitpoints to spare.. Shifta and Deband taken care of by Mag..

.. Avoids issues with teammates by having none..

.. Also.. Goal of game self-determinable.. Not necessarily to have and keep friends..

.. Bzzt..

You also need a PB/(amplifier,generate,create) so you can get a pb blast quicker.

Wakazashi-HUcast
Nov 17, 2002, 05:52 PM
OK, any force that complains about money/fluid problems in multiplayer has obviously never played as a HUcast or HUcaseal. In a 4-player game at the correct difficulty for my level, with no technique users healing me (the ones that usually DO are HUmar's and HUnewearl's), I'll blast through 10 Monomates, 10 Dimates, and 10 Trimates in less than 10 minutes, and that's on a good day. The fact is, due to the high number of monsters in multiplayer games, android hunters absolutely NEED to be healed. It doesn't matter if they are taking items or being an asshole, you MUST heal them, as they are dealing out a lot more damage than you are. the only exception would be if an android picks up fluids and wants to sell them, because that is just stupid. And as for all the fluids that supposedly must be fed to mags, most mags have a backup type of item that raises the key stat for your class. For example, the hunter mag Kama can be fed Sol Atomizers instead of Trimates for a great POW boost. It's always going to affect your IQ or Synchro, but you should just ignore that until your mag can't level up anymore.

DJ_Monkey
Nov 17, 2002, 10:56 PM
I must agree. Being an Android(HUcast to be exact), I don't have to worry about Fluids, but it's really a bitch when I run out of Mates in the middle of a boss battle, and there's either no Force or the Force is too snotty to heal me(doesn't happen often).

As long as I have a high-level(or mid-level) Force come with me on my adventures, I am okay. I protect the Force from attack with my powerful weapons and my high attack, and the Force heals me. It's a good balance. As a favor, I usually give the forces on my team compensation(read: Force weapons that I can't use but find while adventuring, or mucho grande meseta =D).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DJ_Monkey on 2002-11-17 19:59 ]</font>

Shrevn
Nov 18, 2002, 01:06 AM
Its kinda hard to quote everybody so ill just do it this way and its faster.
I agree with you %100 and thats why i Thank every Force/Ranger that can cast it and has helped out our team!.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it seems like it's always the HUnters who complain about people going after the boxes first. Maybe they don't realize, that if RAs and FOs don't go after the boxes, they in no way stand a chance of ever finding a decent rare weapon to do damage with (more true with RAs since FOs don't really need weapons). This is especially true in Ultimate, where you really need a good weapon. HUnters are right up where most of the rares will drop, so who cares if the other classes hog the box rares. Rares that drop from monsters are usually better anyways.

True but you also have to remember there are TWICE as much HU characters then there are FO/RA in pso so that also leaves us HU in competition with eachother.
This topic its not about them not casting, YES it plays a BIG ASS ROLE to cast but the problem its that they run to boxes and dont bother to help out EVEN if its not on boosting us up.
Grr its not even forces! Its Humars too!

So it's my first time in Very Hard, just warped down to Mnts... and im getting whomped. Im a HUcast, and im out of mates, and it had only been about 5 minutes lol... So i kindly ask Cheech, that he Resta me a little more, because I dont want to go to town every 5 min.
The ass hole tells me to improvise, and the only way he'd resta me is if I bought him fluids....
Im sorry, but that's not teamwork, and I will never play with a greedy shmuck like him ever again.
And I can agree with you on that Yes there are asshole players all around.

It's for the good of the team - The better the team does, the better you're off.

And thats my POINT ExACLY!!!

Look im a HUmar i have no problem castin either Jellen Or Zalure on EVERY DAMN MONSTER THAT POPS UP!!! I have to resta ALL the time sicne i get beat on alot since i use saber type weapons so my resta is going off alot. I try to ask other HUmars to help me out. Either i cast Z or J and they cast the opposite and we help each other out that way. If youved played with me you know how that works. And any RA/FO char that wants to S/D Your welcome to it anytime. But those that actually just want to RUN around pickin up boxes and not help us out not even FOIE on a monster to conseve TP whats the point of playing? or they just hit the strong Fire attack (sorry i dont know all the spells lol) and wait for us to do the hard work and kill them so they can get exp. Thats not how the game its played and ived encountered MANY playing.
This may not be about forces anymore but about everybody and ived come accross this conclusion after reading everybodys Posts. Shit im lv 110 right now and im Running on $ problems myself. I know its hard but by being stingy with a lil boost isnt killing anyone and running to boxes and pickin all the ITEMS up isnt helping anyone.

-wobba

Mixfortune
Nov 18, 2002, 04:39 AM
Yeah I'm a HUmar, yeah it would be nice to be healed/s/d, but you know if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen, and I'm fine with that. Personally, I try to stay away from being an android due to no techs, and I've watched how fast mates can be used. Usually, I have learned how to play so that I hardly have to use mates or techs at all, and I usually end up with a backlogging oversupply of higher mates and fluids, which I gladly give to others whether they help me out or not. It used to be a big inconvienance to not have the ability to shifta and deband, but I think that balance is for the better, and the new weapons seem a bit overpowered considering when you can find them (Musashi from Hard Dragon? wtf? Thats way too powerful). And really, people acting on their own and in perhaps ways looked down upon adds a neat atmosphere to how people play, or learn to play.

Maybe the game encourages team play, but it does not require it. People can go off and open boxes or run around freeloading exp, and I wouldn't give a crap even if I was doing all the damage in the game. I could care less if people wait near boxes for me to hit them, then run in while my animation cycle is ending. It bothers me NONE. The only thing I hated was PK, so long as harm to other characters is gone, let people do whatever they want.

There remains how classes are best fit. Maybe there is a best fit for a race/class combination, but there are few restrictions to HOW you play YOUR character, that's one reason why it is so enjoyable. Hunters usually get all the parts and rare items you can ONLY get from monsters since they are right there on the front lines, and getting hit so much, you can wipe out nearly everything with a well placed Estlla, if you have it. Forces need items to sell, and that's fine, but I'd prefer if they would ask if someone wants something they picked up which they feel someone might want (like a tech disk or decently percentaged/special attack weapon)

I say let each player play their character how they like- who knows- Maybe they want to be a force to use "cool looking things" such as spells while hunters might want to use "cool looking things" such as weapons with pretty numbers. Each class has their appeal, which may extend beyond the scope of exploitation.

Neo-Zenji
Nov 18, 2002, 04:43 AM
What may I ask is a NOOB?

AndyPandy
Nov 18, 2002, 04:58 AM
It makes me laugh all you people moaning about how Forces "should do this" and "should do that". To be honest I am probably one of those Forces that you talk about, one of the Fonewearls that doesnt always do the right thing to suppport her team. To be honest, I have never played the DC versions on PSO and am pretty new to PSO. Ok, so maybe I should know better being lvl 120 (mostly offline I might add). I think one of my problems was that I did not have my keys setup properly for me to be able to cast support techs fast. No one ever bothered to tell me what I was doing wrong until recently when I got some foul language directed at me for not SD enough in a game. Luckily a player called Soulless took the time to help me out and tell me where I was going wrong. To be honest, now I look at it, in the JP version of PSO most people are using mega powerful weapons that are duped to hell anyway, so I don't really know why the hell they need us anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AndyPandy on 2002-11-18 02:06 ]</font>

Atax
Nov 18, 2002, 05:04 AM
N00B = Newbie

RedFox
Nov 18, 2002, 06:24 AM
im sure that starting out as a force has its initial meseta "teething" problems but didnt we all get to a point on DC PSO where our banks+pockets were full?

when i get my GC+PSO i'll be playing mainly as android chars but i spose it because i've had PSO since its v1 days that i sympathise with FOrces, it isnt easy starting out.

when i play online i tend to leave meseta as funds are much more eaisily obtained offline and as for picking up weapons for other classes goes.... its just common courtesy to distribute them accordingly but theres never really anything of value as most weapon drops are somethin stupid like wand+1 with no %'s.

but when these n00bs mature into useful members of the PSO community then im sure another group of people will arise to annoy everybody.

sakuura
Nov 18, 2002, 11:28 AM
[Nov 18,2002
I like all the characters on PSO, I think u shouldn't down a person especially a force i mean a person has to pretty brave to pick a char like that,and yes they are support characters but they to me look more cuter than the other character on the game.And tp is good,so i can heal a lot of people and my self .what gonna do if u die as humar another humar can't use reverser to bring u back but a force can so chill with the comments.