PDA

View Full Version : What about the Hunters?

pso123hrf
Oct 30, 2006, 05:34 PM
Yesterday I was in a party doing the Unsafe Passage B, and I was the only force with the rest of the 5 hunters.

Does everyone like making hunters, or wut?

Bahamut89
Oct 30, 2006, 05:39 PM
Yes, everyone is a Hunter. Learn to deal with it.

I've actually been in an all Force party though, completely randomly. And then a Ranger joined. It was fun, it's nice to not have the enemies go flying in random directions all the time.

Zolpner
Oct 30, 2006, 05:45 PM
Yesterday I was in a group with 3 FOs 2 RAs and myself a HU... I'm feeling it's actually more even than what I originally thought.

Guilty-Mirage
Oct 30, 2006, 05:50 PM
You'll occasionally find a cluster of non-Hunters, but Hunters definitely make up the majority.

Sev
Oct 30, 2006, 06:06 PM
Someones gotta take the hits afterall.

It's really a toss up, I like my Cast Ranger, and she's cute as hell so it's fun to play her. I also like my Beast Hunter though, and I've never been much for the Force types. I'm planning to try one though, a Human, gonna make a Wartecher outta him. Seriously, I love Forces and I wish more people would play 'em... I don't mind all Hunter parties though, as long as they're doing their part, cuz I'm gonna do mine.

Zaiden
Oct 30, 2006, 06:07 PM
Does it really matter if everyone is a Hunter?

It doesn't really effect a mission, unless the players are stupid.

Maxurion
Oct 30, 2006, 06:09 PM
Almost everyone in PSU is a Hunter, it's a known fact. Probably due to the fact that Hunters require very little skill to play as.

Now, playing WELL as one, that's a different story...

Zolpner
Oct 30, 2006, 06:12 PM
Aye, but any Type is like that..
Point and swing.
Point and shoot (FP or strafing)
Point and shoot fireballs.

HUs have a lock on sure, but I wouldn't say the other classes need more "skill".

Its just ALL about playing WELL. Or differently.

Edit before comment: Yes, I have played all 3 Types.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2006-10-30 15:12 ]</font>

Aaomi
Oct 30, 2006, 06:12 PM
Hunters just feel a lot more well rounded and you can go all oput with them. If you do that as a ranger you always end up with empty guns and resorting to the good old 1h/gun combo...

Maxurion
Oct 30, 2006, 06:14 PM
On 2006-10-30 15:12, Zolpner wrote:
Point and swing.

HUs have a lock on sure, but I wouldn't say the other classes need more "skill".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zolpner on 2006-10-30 15:12 ]</font>

Yes, but then you also have to consider the fact that Hunters have much more hp and defense then other types.

Bahamut89
Oct 30, 2006, 06:15 PM
Forces go all out. Forces can't not go all out. There's no intermediate setting for a force, unless you feel like tagging with a dinky handgun.

Zolpner
Oct 30, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-10-30 15:14, Maxurion wrote:

On 2006-10-30 15:12, Zolpner wrote:
Point and swing.

Yes, but then you also have to consider the fact that Hunters have much more hp and defense then other types.

Along with being surrounded by more mobs constantly.. it's just a different role.

Scirrocco
Oct 30, 2006, 06:29 PM
Well since 50% of available races start as hunters, it shouldn't be too surprising when they're the majority. I'm a beast hunter, but only till i reach rank 3 (and they unlock buff spells and expert classes), then i'm switching to force so I can make a wartecher.

lostinseganet
Oct 30, 2006, 07:17 PM
Its FOdescrimination all over again... Oooo i remember the times dark times when people talk down to FO's and other forms of asshatery. It happened in DC and was thick in PSOX. Don't back donwn from jerks. I'm sure others remember the FOdescrimination... >_<

Garasu
Oct 30, 2006, 08:58 PM
On 2006-10-30 15:09, Maxurion wrote:
Almost everyone in PSU is a Hunter, it's a known fact. Probably due to the fact that Hunters require very little skill to play as.

Now, playing WELL as one, that's a different story...

*raises hand while sitting in the 'Good Hunter box'..all alone* I play Hunter pretty good..Im at least smart..><!

As for FOdsicrimination...I think everyone LOVES forces now!I have every Force I've partyed with card....I mean, they are useful to have, and a few are pretty fun to talk to...Im going to try Force in a while..