PDA

View Full Version : Want an awesome weapon? A miniguide to Synthing by LELAND.

R3Dirkulous
Oct 30, 2006, 06:08 PM
I dont know if this has already been posted or if you guys have seen it, but i found it very useful. Credit goes to Leland of the PSU forums

"Now, I'm not an uber-high-level-20 or anything, but I know a thing or two now about what most people wouldn't yet. I rarely see anything but green photon flying around. That is, until I whip out my purple lance. Not only is it a different and more vibrant color, but it's stronger. With my standard, store-bought lance I was doing maybe 36-40 damage with an X-button attack. Now, I do around 76-78. Let me spell this out: WHY SYNTH?

- Stronger weapons, elemental bonuses, cheaper in the long run
- Cooler looking stuff.
- That's about it.

Okay, so I'm not coherent so far. Don't worry. Trust me. Let's look at a checklist of what you need, and what you need to do:

1) You need meseta. A fair amount. A good board for someone up to maybe level 15 or so would be 1000 meseta, or 4300 if you have the stats to use the next tier of weaponry. Materials will be even more. I'd suggest 4000 meseta for your first endeavor.

2.) Materials. A weapon needs an ore, a metal, photons, and usually a wood. It varies weapon to weapon, I think. Some materials are rarer and more expensive.

- Photon (Description coming up)
- Ore (ends in '-line', like Wenceline)
- Metal (Variety of endings - Harnium, Meganite, are example metals)
- Wood (Neu Wood, Par Ash, typically aligned with the brand you're synthing)
- Synthing board for the weapon (obviously)

3.) An idea or plan. You obviously need to know what kind of weaponry you plan on using the most. I favor spears, personally. Be sure to check the store weapons for stat requirements so you don't spend all your hard-earned meseta creating weapons you can't use! (Units in this game don't boost your base stats like they did in PSO, so be wary of that as well.)

Okay, so there's your checklist. Let's put it all together!

- First, decide which brand of weapon you like the most. I know I like Yohmei weaponry (Neudaiz) the best because it has more PP, while sacrificing some ATP. You can buy boards for weapons at Parum and Neudaiz. NOTE: You cannot grind Tenora weapons at this time, so be wary of that.

- Now, pick a photon. You know those annoyingly common photons you find? Those are what you need. They have many varying attributes, and affect the weapon's color. For instance, Ban-Photons would make you have a red photon color (very cool on swords and spears) and a fire element damage added to the weapon. Atributive photons are findable, not buyable.
Code:

+ Ban-Photon is FIRE, and makes your weapon red.
+ Di-Photon is EARTH, and makes your weapon orange.
+ Zon-Photon is LIGHTNING, and makes your weapon yellow.
+ Photon, Im-Photon, and El-Photon are ATTRIBUTELESS. They make your weapon green.
+ Ray-Photons are ICE, and make your weapon blue.
+ Megi-Photons are DARK, and make your weapon purple.
+ Gra-Photons are LIGHT, and make your weapon white.

Here's the element info, by the way. I will list these in pairs.
= Fire/Ice
= Dark/Light
= Lightning/Earth
Each one is effective against the other. The parum fields contain FIRE and LIGHTNING enemies, so you would want to bring ICE and EARTH weapons. If your weapon is 34% dark, it will have a 34% damage bonus on light, and a 34% damage reduction on dark.

- Gather the rest of the ingredients. The store you bought the board at SHOULD list all necessary ingredients needed, including attribute-less photons, which are nifty for making weapons to sell.

- Go to your Partner Machinery in your room. (Go find an orange crystal, choose 'Your Room.') Talk to it and choose PM Functions or something like that, choose Item Synthesis (once again, vague name.) and choose 'insert board'. Choose the weapon board.

- Go back and choose 'Synthesize item' (vague) and choose the board you just put in. This is where it tells you what ingredients you need. Add the ingredients, and let it go! (NOTE: The ???? ingredient always says 0/X, but it will still work as long as you have 5 of a photon in storage.)

- It should take 15 minutes or so, but as the weapons rise in rank the time increases. Now you just wait. Everything so far I've synthed, weapon-wise, has been 76% success rate. You shoulld most of the time get your weapon. (The rate can be improved by feeding your machine items, like juice!)

- When it's been 15 minutes (or however long), go back to synthesis and choose 'take out item'. Take the item and see if it worked right! (It tells you if it did or not.) Enjoy!

Now. You may be thinking 'But I spent so much money on this. It seems a little flimsy, too. Was LELAND right?' Well, here's a rundown. You first buy the board, which is sort of a 'base fee'. Then you get the supplies. Assuming you found most of the materials, that's about 450-1200 meseta to buy the rest of the materials needed. (Remember, this is assuming you used a 1000 meseta board.) So you could be paying 2200 or so at most for your first weapon. That's 200 meseta over store price, but now your weapon is uniquely colorful and elemental. And, on top of that, you could still use the board 4 more times! This allows you to gather more materials and start selling for a profit to other players. Or, you could alternatively make many of the same weapon with different elements to use in their situations.

Now, you WILL want more strength. I'm sure you've found tons of Base C Grinder thingies everywhere. Want to use them? Wink Okay, go to the Synth shop and buy a Grinder C Board. Buy one for each increment of 5 grinder bases you have. Synth them with your PM and see what quality you get. (I did two batches just earlier, one was C+3 and one was a C+5) Go to the weapon upgrade store. If you have a Parum weapon, it'll be the upgrade shop on Parum, (this applies to Neudaiz, Guardian Colony, etc.) Agree that you accept the risks, and choose the weapon to grind and the grinder to use. Now, start with your low-quality grinders. The first time is always successful, but after that, always pick the grinder that the chick says has a higher chance of working. I quit grinding when I don't have a 'very high' chance, as I'm scared of breaking my weapon. Razz Take the risk if you want. Your weapon will get very strong after a few grinds, but things do break.

I hope this helped somewhat. I think it's comprehendable, but I'm pretty tired so please don't stab me for being confusing at all!

Laughing

(Note: there may be some inaccuracies. I'm no database, and I'm only human. So please, no chastising me for errors! Kindly and simply correct them if you notice any and I'll edit the post.)"

Last edited by loveLELAND on Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:24 am; edited 5 times in total

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 30, 2006, 07:11 PM
Just try not to get pissed when your twin suckers fail twice and insted you get 2 monomates

Shooichi
Nov 2, 2006, 04:29 AM
Thanks a ton for posting this guide. I could have figured it all out eventually, but you made it so much simpler for me. I hope that, about 10 minutes from now, I'll have a dark Lancata to handle those pesky Golmora.

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 04:33 AM
You can find this all out by reading around the game but this is a good guide that don't feel like reading online but offline from psu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Miphesto
Nov 2, 2006, 04:47 AM
where do u get good weapon boards? do u have to just find them?

Ryogen
Nov 2, 2006, 04:50 AM
On 2006-11-02 01:47, Miphesto wrote:
where do u get good weapon boards? do u have to just find them?

You can find them or you can buy them at the synth shop (purple doors), but weapon boards are most likely brought.

Miphesto
Nov 2, 2006, 04:57 AM
well i'm a noob and it makes no sense....the synth shop sells no boards for weapons

ProfessorZ
Nov 2, 2006, 04:57 AM
This is pretty nice for the noobs. Submit this

Miller
Nov 2, 2006, 05:32 AM
It's also a good idea to grind on a char with the days highest luck.

Miphesto
Nov 2, 2006, 07:28 AM
how can u tell which char has high luck on x360? someone said something about a big star by thier head, i dont see anything like that

McLaughlin
Nov 2, 2006, 07:34 AM
I failed my 76% Claymore, but successfully made my 57% Durandal. Oh well. The Durandal has 44% Earth http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Rhyv
Nov 2, 2006, 07:42 AM
On 2006-11-02 04:28, Miphesto wrote:
how can u tell which char has high luck on x360? someone said something about a big star by thier head, i dont see anything like that

next to ur name there should be a twinkling stars next to ur name (heres a link to wat the lvls and wat they look like) http://psupedia.org/index.php?title=Luck

I hope i helped http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rhyv on 2006-11-02 04:45 ]</font>

Miphesto
Nov 2, 2006, 07:49 AM
yea but x360 dont have anything that looks like that

Rhyv
Nov 2, 2006, 07:52 AM
well onthe ps2 u cant see ur name until u click in the L3 button so maybe try making ur name appear above ur head?

Jaylix
Nov 2, 2006, 08:23 AM
On 2006-11-02 04:49, Miphesto wrote:
yea but x360 dont have anything that looks like that

Wrong. It's there.

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 08:35 AM
Some of the race/gender combos have been very unlucky so far with the luck attribute since the game came out......for example, I've seen my Female Newman have max luck at least 3 times since the game came out but I dont ever remember ever seeing Male CASTS ever have +3 luck, aor for that matter I think even +2. Of course I dont really pay attention to other combo's luck scores (in the sense of remembering everyones)....so I dont personally know the exact distribution of luck as of today for example for overall.

But to make sure, if you go on PSUpedia, there should be a log that shows the overall luck ratings of previous days. That will help.

As for this FAQ, it should be noted that the normal base, Im, and El photons are more likely to be specifically needed (by name) in board plans (example Twin Handguns)....so while you're not as likely to use them as you would the elemental ones, its still a good idea to keep some around for just such an occasion.

Oh and to the person looking for boards.....you have to go to Synch shops....but keep in mind that if you're looking for the B-Rank Boards, you have to go to specific Synch shops.....in particular, GRM's B-Ranks are in the little Synch shop next door to the main Department store on Parum. Youmei B-Ranks are in the small Strip Mall to the left of the Flyer Base in the Central District on Neudiez (If you're facing away from the Flyer Base).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-11-02 05:37 ]</font>

Zeizen
Nov 2, 2006, 08:41 AM
Yeah synthing weapons definitely helps a lot. I really noticed the diffrence when I made all the 5 star melee weapons and let my hunter go to town http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Miphesto
Nov 2, 2006, 10:22 AM
how do u make names appear above heads?

ShadowLynx
Nov 2, 2006, 10:42 AM
An odd thing that I noticed this morning when I was synthing cheap gigsushs for my pm to eat (found the board and had enough mats to make 5...): when using El-Photons the success rate dropped from 81% to 37%.

Normally when I use elemental photons the success rate stays the same, but I just noticed this cause i thought: "hmm, gonna feed this anyways, lets use these El-Photons that I have"

The first one came out alright, no different from a standard Gigush (minus the 20% ice from the stores),

Anyone have any insight to why this happens?

Pm is 1st evolution with 8 striking btw.

AngelLight
Nov 2, 2006, 11:11 AM
Els are really only for very specific synchs......other then that as far as anyone else knows, they serve no practical purpose. Dont use them unless the recipe calls for them (by name).

RadiantLegend
Nov 2, 2006, 11:26 AM
Female humans havent had any luck? Thats cold