PDA

View Full Version : wow i fell sorta noobish now...

hans4
Oct 30, 2006, 11:00 PM
i see ppl like level 40 and stuff and im still level 11....wow i fell like a noob all over again*remembers runescape*

sokard
Oct 30, 2006, 11:07 PM
Don't fret, I just got my copy of PSU in the mail and I haven't been able to do a damn thing yet.

Asuri
Oct 30, 2006, 11:15 PM
i wanna beat offline and do a GOOD EXTRA mode char, then online so im lvl 0 but lvl 46 in single player lol

Deja
Oct 30, 2006, 11:33 PM
lvl 40 ppl need to slow down, I mean they will have to wait a week or so when they hit 50 to level again.

mech259_
Oct 30, 2006, 11:34 PM
There are level 40s already? -_-

Auronp
Oct 30, 2006, 11:35 PM
They must have no lifes what so ever. Anyone remember the first episode of the tenth season of South Park? "How can we kill that which has no life?"

Zakuro
Oct 31, 2006, 12:12 AM
On 2006-10-30 20:07, sokard wrote:
Don't fret, I just got my copy of PSU in the mail and I haven't been able to do a damn thing yet.

I haven't even gotten that far yet. Still waiting on an EB around where I live to get in a new shipment. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day so I can finally start playing.

-Crokar-
Oct 31, 2006, 12:19 AM
i have to beat the story mode for my bro first

Evolution
Oct 31, 2006, 12:51 AM
I'm also still waiting for mine, lol. Just when I thought I'd never get it I found out it was shipped yesterday and is on schedule to get here sometime today (Tuesday). I'm really in no rush though I'm going to take my time with this game, if any of you guys wanna meet up sometime tonight let me know, btw I'm on the 360.

FenixStryk
Oct 31, 2006, 01:19 AM
It's a little bothersone, but don't worry about it. You won't be hearing, "Alright Kenny, use your Potion of The Mongoose...", "Mom, Hot Pockets!" or "Mom, bathroom!" anytime soon.

KiteWolfwood
Oct 31, 2006, 01:21 AM
I haven't seen any 40s. Highest I seen was a 31. I just hit 22 myself. Waiting on my friend to level his force up though since he is only 16.

CherryLunar
Oct 31, 2006, 01:22 AM
I've seen plenty of 20's, but no 40's yet.

I'm still in my teens with two. Leveling 4 characters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Pandatron
Oct 31, 2006, 01:59 AM
I"m currently about 50% through lvl: 21 i would level more but with school, studies, and a connection that d/c me every 5-10 minutes unless i'm doing Raffion Fields Runs solo by myself i'm stuck running my shop. Which i don't mind can't argue with profit ^_^.

Though an added note as someone mentioned when they hit the higher up levels such as 50 there really not going to have anything to do, and be bored out there mind... like another certain mmo when you hit it's max level and it loses all it's redeeming qualities ^_^;;;.

Pure-chan
Oct 31, 2006, 03:03 AM
Pfft. I've got you all beat. I'm level... 0. (haven't gotten online yet) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

where are most people as far as leveling right now? 20's? 30's?

Rexob
Oct 31, 2006, 03:16 AM
I just hit 16 tonight and am having fun...wish there was more in the game though. Seems like PSO on the DC had a lot more to do and find.

Reeses
Oct 31, 2006, 03:17 AM
I hit 20 tonight. Paid for my blast badge and all seems well. I do wish there was maybe an online story line or something but im more than satisfied! Who knows, maybe this kind of stuff will come in the future!

Trinitystar
Oct 31, 2006, 03:25 AM
I saw a lvl 48 today lmao http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ShadowDragon28
Oct 31, 2006, 03:26 AM
I'm not online *yet*. If I was I would *not* be power leveling to the cap.

I don't know why so many people that are playing PSU online are in some big rush to the highest level. PSU is not meant to be a massive grind fest or a race, it not WoW or FFXI.

Does anybody play PSU for *fun*, to chat, hunt for rare items?
A possible answer: far too many PSU players are still in some WoW or FFXI powergamer/level grinding mind-set. And still treating PSU like is those other games when it's not meant to be.

So impatient are some people. Heck the first content update hasn't even arrived yet.... *sigh* By the time I get online, I will feel just a bit awkward and out-of-place having a lvl 1 character and 95% of the PSU online people are lvl 50. Not to great a feeling for this PSO-Vet....

Mugaaz2
Oct 31, 2006, 04:12 AM
Why do you guys care how some of us play the game? Some of us enjoy gaming way more than you and have enough money to not need to work regularly. Some of us find a game we like and enjoy playing it for 14hours in one day, because we enjoy it. No, it's not normal, but who cares? There is no specific way this game is supposed to be played. Excuse me I was wrong, the way you are supposed to play it is the one that provides you with the most enjoyment. I don't like the way you play the game either, on the other hand I also don't care, because it doesn't interfere with mine. My only regret is that I didn't research this stupid marketing gimmick they are pushing with the "unlock" system. I hate this false blocking of content.

Evolution
Oct 31, 2006, 04:24 AM
Mugaaz2, I agree with most of what you said. A some people just have a lot more time to play psu and others are just really dedicated to the game. You're right when you said that people have different play styles, as far as I know theres pretty much no cheating on PSU, and its all about personal enjoyment, and if someone has the most fun in a game power leveling then thats awesome.

This applies to other games too but there seems to be a lot of "wow look at how high that guy's level is, he must have no life" going around.

g00dman12
Oct 31, 2006, 06:56 AM
I highist lvl i seen on the 360 was like lvl34. Does any one know what the cap is ?

g00dman12
Oct 31, 2006, 06:56 AM
On 2006-10-31 03:56, g00dman12 wrote:
The highist lvl i seen on the 360 was like lvl34. Does any one know what the cap is ?

Calibur
Oct 31, 2006, 07:04 AM
I saw a level 43 force, he was farming Relics....

Kuya
Oct 31, 2006, 08:50 AM
I've been doing Linear Line runs (at work mind you) for one shot kills, so I'm slow gaining. I think I'm going to work on getting money for a shop and have it up by this weekend. I should also have my PM close to level 10 and plan on selling mostly +5 or higher ranger weapons. I'll keep you posted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

wildstar
Oct 31, 2006, 09:36 AM
Don't worry, hans4. There are ALWAYS fast levelers in every online rpg. Some people just live for the rush of speed leveling, and that's cool... its their choice.

Plenty of us level slower and take things at our own pace. And that's cool too.

I remember in PSO on Dreamcast some people were level 100 (the max in the original version) in a week or two. It took me two months to hit level 100. But I had a TON of fun on the way up and it was fun to take my time.

In PSU sometimes I am leveling with a fun team, sometimes I hang around the cities and chat, sometimes I ponder synths and other projects, sometimes I decorate my room... I'm loving every single moment of this game. I cherish this time and this feeling of being on my first character, on the way up. I don't want to rush it!

If you see me in game (name's Jin) give me a shout and we'll do some missions!

Valkayree
Oct 31, 2006, 10:22 AM
On 2006-10-30 20:35, Auronp wrote:
They must have no lifes what so ever. Anyone remember the first episode of the tenth season of South Park? "How can we kill that which has no life?"

Lol. Yep.

BydoEmpire
Oct 31, 2006, 10:37 AM
I'm 12, been playing for a few days (started online mode Saturday morning). I'm with you Rexob, I keep expecting more quests to open up in PSU, but hour after hour I replay Mad Monsters C. Although I did do the first Neudaiz quest this morning. It wouldn't be as annoying if the dungeons were random...

princejake2
Oct 31, 2006, 10:51 AM
I'm level 23, myself. I'm not in a huge hurry to level, really. My current project is capping all PAs. So far I have Saber and Sword capped, gonna start on single dagger today.

Chris28
Oct 31, 2006, 11:38 AM
I'm level 26 right now and im currently buying new parts for my cast. i just bought the 20,000 armor and i still need the 12,000 legs and 9,000 arms.

My job is Hunter LvL 6, I use a 5 Star Synthesized calibur +2, i have my SUV weapon and some other good armors. Also i've found lots of rare materials that i'm saving up on. This game is great so far.

Rattetsu
Oct 31, 2006, 03:25 PM
Im level 7 in Online Mode http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. 52 in Offline, wanna finish it first then gonna waste my life on my Online Mode character.