PDA

View Full Version : Protransers

UltimateCarl
Oct 30, 2006, 11:13 PM
Okay, I know we don't have them yet, but I was just wondering...

Anyone know anything about Protransers? I know they have the highest class level requirements. I also know that they have "balanced" stats that are overall quite low, they get no S-Ranks, and can't use techs although they do get level 30 PAs and Bullets.

So they are good with traps... But do they use like almost nothing BUT traps, or do they still use guns/melee a decent amount?

Really it's practically impossible to find info on these guys, but I'm really interested in them, partly because they're the least-played class, but mostly because I like the idea of them.

So, anyone have any more extensive info on them than PSUpedia or the Expert class guide here on our forums? Anyone played one or know anyone who did play one? Any pics, vids, anything?

Thanks in advance!

Nani-chan
Oct 30, 2006, 11:15 PM
I know they are 2nd best in Axes and Grenade launchers by looking as psupedia. Also there are special protranser only traps.

Zato-2TWO
Oct 30, 2006, 11:55 PM
I've been dying to look into a breakdown of the Protranser expert type myself, but people have been either too occupied to make a Protranser or 'afraid' of the Protranser's weaknesses to even consider making one.

Here's my observation (mind you, I haven't played one, but rather this is a collective summary of what I've read on them) :

From what I understand, the Protranser is a very strategic class, as traps do seem to be a major part of their game. Whether or not their specialty in traps makes them more useful than they are normally (perhaps Protransers get +damage to traps?), there's still the complication of obtaining a healthy supply of traps for missions, effectively draining plenty of your resources.

Their weapon selection seems geared more towards AOE weapons like Swords, Shotguns, Lasers and Grenade Launchers, and from this I can deduce that their playstyle revolves around using traps to whittle down enemies, then clearing them out with your big weapons. There is, of course, another complication to this method of play when it comes to parties, where your Fortehunters/Figunners/Fortechers/whathaveyou probably aren't patient enough to wait for you to do your trap thing before charging in and tearing up/nuking the place to high heaven. In any case, my educated guess is that Protransers primarily revolve around area damage and support, with enough flexibility to fit different roles.

UltimateCarl
Oct 31, 2006, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the info.

Anyone else?

Cleric1
Nov 2, 2006, 01:14 AM
I kind of disagree with you but agree at the same time. MY idea of protranser is not just for traps, because they have lvl 30 Photon Arts. Instead, I think the traps are more of a helpful utility when needed or for extra damage. They get Axes (axes are HIGH atp but low ata) and knuckles (which are good for cast disruption). In addition to this they have ranged skills up to thirty. This probably entails a higher rate to proc their freeze effect or silence effects. As well as this, traps are basically a way to get immediate control of the situation. If a force/hunter is taking too much damage from magic damage for instance, they can run into the middle of the fray and throw a trap down to silence it's enemies giving the force time ot recuperate and heal the team. Freeze traps from back then as I remember, were made to freeze and keep the enemy frozen throughout taking damage. And traps were able to be activated just by throwing them in the sky on my old cast.