PDA

View Full Version : Cast > Beast as a hunter?

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 31, 2006, 03:21 AM
i was human before, rerolled beast cause they are supposedly better hunter but my accuracy is so horrible as a beast. This is not a rant but it feels that my miss rate is about 20% at lvl 10 to lvl 15 creatures? Do Beasts stay like this. cause the ammount i miss makes it feel like my human did more dmg which is wonder why i wonder if casts make better hunters due to greatest accuracy. Any thoughts?

Garnet_Moon
Oct 31, 2006, 04:31 AM
I can't hit shit with my handgun but with melee I don't see many 0s... of course, my attacks spam the hell out of groups and single targets so a 0 may be quickly over-lapped by a more recent combo. Who knows.

Elleranda
Oct 31, 2006, 05:06 AM
Nope. I barely ever miss.

Jozon
Oct 31, 2006, 05:27 AM
same

Evolution
Oct 31, 2006, 05:35 AM
I played a beast hunter on the beta and missing really wasn't that much of a problem, becides I'd say that the HP and ATP boost more than make up for a miss here and there, also there are the nanoblasts which are pretty awesome.

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 31, 2006, 05:42 AM
i must have been really unlucky all night then XD maybe it will change in the morning.

Miller
Oct 31, 2006, 05:44 AM
"20% at lvl 10 to lvl 15 creatures?"

Herein lies your problem.

Rider
Oct 31, 2006, 06:45 AM
You could always try and get behind the mob. You don't miss then I think. Also, it's easier to do in a group.

As for missing in general as a beast, I don't notice many misses. I get them here and there but it's not enough to make me dislike the race.

Zabot
Oct 31, 2006, 08:14 AM
i made a beast yesterday, just got a durandal, and im working on my kurbara weapon flourescent bulb. but i made one because i want a more powerful character for my Durandal, and i didnt miss at all, i hit lvl 4 in unsafe passage soloing, and lvl 5 on fight for food, and it was amazing how much dmg i did with swords AND handguns, although i did notice quite a bit of missing with the handgun. are you referring to the handgun or the saber as well?

Alisha
Oct 31, 2006, 11:03 AM
beast owns as hunter on my last level up i got 13 atp. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif and missing isnt nearly as bad in psu as it was in pso.

Genobee
Oct 31, 2006, 11:19 AM
The only thing I miss with is my Pistol, and whats like 2 misses to 15 shots fired, and the thing dies around the 9th shot so

Cause_I_Own_U
Oct 31, 2006, 12:14 PM
Id say casts are slightly better when in normal mode, but not by alot because they still have high atp but will pretty much always land a hit on things even 10 lvls over them, but nanoblast just blows everything away...i really hope it normalizes at higher lvl cause at low lvls it way overpowered

Dusk21
Oct 31, 2006, 12:29 PM
What I'd really like to know is just how often a beast could use nanoblast, because if its anything like how often I can use SUV weapons (which aren't really all that great, but are nice bonus damage) thats simply ridiculous. If its slower though I'd say both races probably come out even as hunters, as both have important advantages to the class.

Section8
Oct 31, 2006, 12:47 PM
Well, for me its basically a matter of taste. I've raised a beast up to lvl 12 and a Cast to lvl 5 and as of right now, i'm liking the cast more. Its purely cosmetic really, but I DO notice the difference of 0s as apposed to actually hitting which I do more with my cast. I've seen nanoblast, i've seen SUVs and cant WAIT to get an SuV so I'm gonna run with my cast more as a hunter than my beast. Granted beasts are cool, its just more of a preference at this point for me more than anything else.

albel399
Oct 31, 2006, 12:50 PM
casts have no evasion whatsoever so they dont make great hunters

Alisha
Oct 31, 2006, 12:57 PM
i noticed that too for some reason my beast evades quite often to the point where i started opting for armors and slot items heavier on evp than def.