PDA

View Full Version : Death to Moochie!

Polenicus
Nov 16, 2002, 09:02 AM
You know them.

The low-grade bottom-feeders who pop into your game, and spend the next half hour of your life following you around pestering you about an item they want, regardless of whether you actually have it or not. They repeat the same hotkeyed phrases over and over, tirelessly. They also manage to somehow traverse the hardest levels with you without either contributing anything or taking any damage. In town they will run around to stand in front of your character and repeat their little beg phrase as often as possible, driving you gibbering mad bit by bit. Nothing dissuades them, much less your insistence you don't even HAVE the item you want. They are immune to insults, logic, pacification or offers to comb through the levels to help them find a rare of their very own.

There are, of course, different breeds of moocher:

Hardship Moocher: Claims to have no weapon, that his <insert rare name here> was lost to lag/stolen/destroyed in BSOD or a number of other excuses, many of which no longer APPLY to PSO in the Gamecube world. He will generally run around the levels with no weapon equipped, occasionally attacking to show just how pathetic and pitiable he is, and how deserving he is of whatever nice shiny weapon you have equipped. He could be lvl 102, and manage to claim with a straight face that he has no other weapon and no meseta to buy one, and will be simply unable to continue playing without your donation. I've seen this kind follow a group through an ENTIRE Forest to Falz run, repeating his phrase over and over again. Usually when they do leave, they fire off an insult.

Trade Moocher: Although rarer, this moocher evidently doesn't want to feel he's taking charity. He uses the same tactics, however. He wants to trade. He WON'T take no for an answer. He won't even accept that you don't HAVE the item. Of course, what he wants to trade for your hard won Stag Cutlery is usually a pair of Power Mats and three Trigrinders... essentially what you'd find in your average run through the caves. But upon mentioning that isn't a very fair trade, he will usually fall back on the hardship plea.

Thief Moocher: Although currently rare on GC PSO, they still occasionally appear. This is probably the most obnoxious form. This moocher will hop into a game, pop down long enough to see what rare weapon you're using, then immediately declare that you're a thief, and you stole the weapon from him. He will then proceed to follow you through the whole game, hurling insults and deriding you as a thief, hacker, lowlife and whatnot, warning the other players not to play with you and get out before you NOL them or whatnot. He will repeat his demands that you return 'his' rare item, and continue his tirade. Usually he finds people through Choice Search so that even if you flee the game he can tail you and continue his abuse and character assassination.

Scramble Moocher: This moocher can't decide what he is. He will enter the game, and start off with one of the methods, but then switch mid-stream. When asked about the conflict of claiming he has no weapon when he offered to trade one just a few minutes ago, he will claim he lied. He will alternate between playing on your good nature and hurling insults at you. He wwill NOT GO AWAY.

The best way to deal with Moochers is to traceroute their ISP, find out where they live, go there and murder them and their entire family, ensuring their entire genetic line is cut off at the source. There is no excuse for being a moocher... their success rate at getting a rare is much lower than actually playing through a game with someone, then asking for charity or trade. Yet they spend as much if not MORE time doing what they're doing. They more than anything else are most likely the reason North Americans got such a bad rap on the Japanese servers, and I believe that's where these tactics were developed. (i.e. Moochers going to Japanese servers and begging for items in the simplest way possible)

I apologize for wasting your time with this rant, and now return you to your regularly scheduled forum.

Neo-Zenji
Nov 18, 2002, 02:58 AM
Wow you have written alot. Yes, I hate moochers I kill them.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Nov 18, 2002, 03:05 AM
Be glad that this is all they can do on the GC version since they can't use a commercially sold cheat device to act a fool everywhere on the servers.

They have resorted to this since they can't cheat immediately in the game now.(besides duping which can screw their memory cards/character info up badly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )

BlackRose
Nov 18, 2002, 12:37 PM
makes you wanna PK them in reality, no?

Ness
Nov 18, 2002, 05:03 PM
Most moochers are stupid. I think they should all be banned from GC PSO.

ABDUR101
Nov 18, 2002, 05:14 PM
On 2002-11-18 14:03, Ness wrote:
Most moochers are stupid. I think they should all be banned from GC PSO.

Well if you'd just gimme the friggen S-Red's Blades I'd leave you alone!

Is it that complicated?!

XD

Sedric
Nov 19, 2002, 09:21 PM
This is why I don't use any rares in open game or with strangers.... I just grab the yellow Gladius and start doing it the "hard-but-safe" way. And say "If I had any rares, I wouldn't e using this!!"