PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Content.

Germ0nick
Oct 31, 2006, 07:37 AM
Hi all, I have been a long time reader of this forum, first time poster.

The overall theme of this post may appear to be negative, but I want to stress that I am still enjoying PSU very much currently, and I think it is a good game, and will develop into an even better game with patches. /flame suit on.

I have been playing PSU a relatively large amount over the weekend since I picked it up Thursday evening. I am able to play a lot (in 1-2 hour chunks) and still maintain a semblance of a social life thanks to being a college student. And yes, I do go outside still!

At any rate, I have a level 27 CAST Hunter, and a level 15 Newman Force. I am relatively quick at figuring out the little details in games quickly, and I had been reading up about PSU previous to its launch, so I knew how to level relatively quickly and such.

Having logged a bit over 30 hours so far, I am having the feeling that I am going to become somewhat bored with the current content in the game within a week or two. I don't really know how to word it well, but after I broke about 25ish hours on my Hunter, I just got the general feeling of a lack of content. I suspect it was due to having maxed my fourth Photon Art, getting my PM to 38ish, and completing all of the C rank missions available, etc etc.

I understand that in general, "new content" isn't really the draw of any Phantasy Star game. I played PSO on Dreamcast for a long time, and really enjoyed leveling up characters, doing my best to max them out. It was a game that was able to hold my interest for a very long time.

I just have the feeling that right now, PSU is maybe lacking in variety, and longer playtime (30+ hour) goals, other then absolute maxing. I am also a little dissapointed that on the box it doesn't really mention that the content advertised isn't available right now. Of course, my opinion of this may change as the game patches and develops, but it seems like a relatively small amount of "high level" content available at launch for a game that is so easy to reach that "high level".

Anyone else experiencing anything similar, or am I just a geek with too much time?

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 31, 2006, 07:41 AM
lol Im 34 now, and Im tired of the de ragan...and still can only get c rank shotgun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Kent
Oct 31, 2006, 07:45 AM
I've got 45 hours on my main character, just finished meeting the requirements for Wartecher.

Now, just have to start raising money, so as I can equip B-rank stuff other than Wands/Rods/Bows once the update hits (which I hope is soon).

Germ0nick
Oct 31, 2006, 07:48 AM
Nice Kent.

Coon Rapids btw? What universe do you play on usually? I go to college at Minnesota State-Mankato.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Germ0nick on 2006-10-31 04:49 ]</font>

CypherErebus
Oct 31, 2006, 07:49 AM
I feel exactly the same way. But, I'm pacing myself so I don't get burnt out on it. Some peeps are already lvl 50 with nothing to do except feed their PM. As with all online RPGs, the best part is the community. No matter how boring the missions in PSO and PSU are, they are 1000 times better playing, talking, trading, competing, with ur friends.

Germ0nick
Oct 31, 2006, 07:54 AM
On 2006-10-31 04:49, CypherErebus wrote:
I feel exactly the same way. But, I'm pacing myself so I don't get burnt out on it. Some peeps are already lvl 50 with nothing to do except feed their PM. As with all online RPGs, the best part is the community. No matter how boring the missions in PSO and PSU are, they are 1000 times better playing, talking, trading, competing, with ur friends.

That's good advice.

I am honestly not trying to play extremely hardcore, racing anyone to 50 or anything, I just really enjoy playing good games, like PSU. I agree completely that community is generally the thing that gives online games longevity, and I have met some really cool people in my playtime so far.

I was just trying to voice a general concern I suppose.

Jozon
Oct 31, 2006, 07:57 AM
yeah, me and some friends had been powerleveling the dragon, and then we all spent like 30-40 minutes hanging out and joking on vent and in lobbies, and in rooms, doing team poses and a bunch of funny stuff, totally forgot about level grinding/lack of content