PDA

View Full Version : My complaints about PSU.

Axel3792
Oct 31, 2006, 10:20 AM
First off, I know there are other topics out there like this, so please, spare me.

Don't get me wrong, PSU is a GREAT game, but there are still some things that piss me off about MMOs.

I know Sega wants to make money, so they make it a grind. This is obvious. At the same time, however, that's me, sitting there for hours leveling and getting some stupid items. This is my life! Why am I spending it in front of a screen? My level has nothing to do with real life!

I know it is a hobby, just something you do for fun in your free time, so again, spare me.

The next thing:

I know the economy sucked in PSO, but come on! I'm poor in real life, and I would prefer not to be poor in a freaking video game. Sure, money is hard to come by at the start of any game, but still, at least make the items you find worth selling so you can get the 20,000$ clothing item.

Item drops. You know you want them, but you can't get them. This I am not complaining about. I love rare hunting. Just thought I'd let you know.

!

Also, why doesn't anyone go to Neudaiz to level!?
*shakes fist at the stupid Parum mid-lobby bums*

Grr. There is more, but I'm gonna get an omlet.

Oxidation
Oct 31, 2006, 10:24 AM
What you should do is look for a few people that you can always play with, it makes it way more fun. For fun we put stuff in each others rooms when the other is offline. I came to my room and found a dam toilet in the middle of the room! If you want someones card hit me up online, im almost always on Universe 13 somewhere.

Axel3792
Oct 31, 2006, 11:07 AM
I normally play with the same group I've been with since the PSO days, so yeah, that makes it worthwhile. I even got in contact with and old buddy via Yahoo! IM that I haven't played with in years.

Don't get me wrong, I still love this game. The Pros outweigh the Cons http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

MaKaVeLi_X
Oct 31, 2006, 11:16 AM
It kind of pisses me off that Sega Delayed the game for so long then put nothing up online at launch... obviously the more they make you wait for content the more money they make.

AC9breaker
Oct 31, 2006, 11:18 AM
I don't understand what you mean about PSO having a bad economy, it didn't even have an economy at all! PSU is pretty much the same as well.

ABDUR101
Oct 31, 2006, 11:31 AM
On 2006-10-31 07:20, Axel3792 wrote:
I know Sega wants to make money, so they make it a grind. This is obvious. At the same time, however, that's me, sitting there for hours leveling and getting some stupid items. This is my life! Why am I spending it in front of a screen? My level has nothing to do with real life!

I know it is a hobby, just something you do for fun in your free time, so again, spare me.

Sitting infront of a tv for hours playing games, thats any given game, not just PSO/PSU. I mean, if you want to limit your time, limit it. Maybe play for an hour or two and then give it a rest. I always think of playing games as the same as watching a movie, sure, I have boxsets with eight DVD's in them, and I could sit and watch all of them at once just to 'get through it' as fast as possible, or I can sit and designate time for just one a day.

And yeah, of course none of this has to do with real life. It's not about finding a rare item in PSU to go get a voucher for something in real life, it's about having fun and relaxing. If you'd rather be doing something more constructive with your time, why let PSU get in the way? Real life > Any hobby. So why complain about it? I mean, does Sega have someone sitting in your house with a gun to your head, expecting you to play 12 hours a day? If you're a slave to your own devices, thats nobody else's fault.

The next thing:

I know the economy sucked in PSO, but come on! I'm poor in real life, and I would prefer not to be poor in a freaking video game. Sure, money is hard to come by at the start of any game, but still, at least make the items you find worth selling so you can get the 20,000$ clothing item.

I agree I'd like to be able to sell the items I find(like weapons) for more than afew meseta, and I'm sure in the later levels when you're finding 5-7 star items, they'll sell for much more.

However, just because you're 'poor' in real life(you're not poor in real life by the way if you're paying to play PSU, which is a luxury, not to mention to play it on whatever console or PC you have). And the game makers had to give the game structure, it would'nt be much fun if everyone was running around with 999,999 meseta on them and in the bank like in PSO. Atleast now when you earn something, you earned it, it has value in-game.

And don't blow 20k on a peice of clothing so early in the game. Thats a decent armor with numerous slots, or a handful of higher grade weapons you could be using.

Mystil
Oct 31, 2006, 01:06 PM
On 2006-10-31 07:20, Axel3792 wrote:
First off, I know there are other topics out there like this, so please, spare me.

Don't get me wrong, PSU is a GREAT game, but there are still some things that piss me off about MMOs.

You don't know what is wasting your life away until you've played FFXI. Ask any player who plays a melee job. Thier character can literally sit there for eight hours WAITING for an invite to a party. Some people will not get a party for atleast a month!

PSU retains the one thing all the PSOs had in common. You can pick it up and play and if someone wants to join they can if they want to. You aren't FORCED to stay logged in just so you don't miss that ever elusive invite. ADD onto the fact that when/if you do get one, you have to hope and prey it lasts for more than 2hrs.

I wasted 3 years of my life in the game. Time and youth I wont get back.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2006-10-31 10:15 ]</font>