PDA

View Full Version : Takes 5 min to load planet screen...

jayrod0428
Oct 31, 2006, 10:42 AM
I could put up with this offline but when I'm online it disconnects me because I'm idling so long. I can't even get out of the Guardian's Colony!

Does this extremely long loading sound like a software error or a disc lens error?

Thank you.

Jaylix
Oct 31, 2006, 10:44 AM
PC?
PS2?
360?

Might help to know.

Akaimizu
Oct 31, 2006, 10:45 AM
Hmm. It does sound like an issue with your disc or disc lens. Now, online, it will sometimes take a little longer to get to the next planet, but only for times your connection to the internet is having problems. Or your broadband/narrowband service is getting lagged.

I remember having longer load times that fateful Saturday night, because the online data needed to put me in the next location was coming so slowly. But then it was because Comcast had a problem with their lines. It got so bad that I lost cable and everything until sometime next morning.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-31 07:46 ]</font>

jayrod0428
Oct 31, 2006, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the replies, I'll specify a little more.

I'm on my PS2 on my college network, which is notorious for pretty bad lag. I don't think it's a lag problem, though, because I have the same problem offline. I should try loading it on another PS2, and if it's the same problem, I'll use my warranty and return the game for a new one.

Sound good?

MaKaVeLi_X
Oct 31, 2006, 10:54 AM
My ps2 also loads slower then most people i think... and its a brand new slim ps2. Maybe im just playing with PC users idk.

Pandatron
Oct 31, 2006, 10:54 AM
The difficult you may have with returning the game is that they maybe out of copies. I know at least for my area were still out of PSU for quite a bit. Though i understand your lag sitution with college network i'm force to solo alot due to it >.>. However if you don't mind returning it no harm is done i guess.

jayrod0428
Oct 31, 2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, the lag is pretty bad. You see, the first time I got online was last night because of error 051 since launch, and everyone was skipping around HUGE distances. I was in Unsafe Passage C and a lot of monsters were hitting me when I was not exactly in their scope of attack. I just have to play it safe online, I guess.

This loading problem is ONLY for the PPT spaceport screen. As in, when I leave the colony to go to planets, and leaving the planets to come back to the colony.

I don't remember the loading screen lasting a very long time when I bought the game. It started happening about two days in, and I thought it was outright freezing until I left it on for 3-4 minutes and it actually loaded.

Blarg! Why do errors and inconveniences always have to come to me?