PDA

View Full Version : Be aware that the 360 game market may hit an economy crash

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 10:51 AM
I posted on this in the cheaters forums....but be aware that there may be a problem with the player run economy coming up fairly soon due to a glitch found. Thankfully, this only effects the 360 players (thankfully for me at least). Just FYI.

A-Town
Oct 31, 2006, 11:02 AM
You didnt really say what the glitch is, although im on pc so i guess it doesnt really matter

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 11:04 AM
I didnt say what the glitch was on purpose due to the rules of this board. I hint at it on cheaters forums....again as per the rules of this site.

Akaimizu
Oct 31, 2006, 11:08 AM
I see it. However people have had mismatched success with it. The kind of problem here doesn't seem at all limited to 360 users by the actual nature of the problem.

If it does indeed work, they'd have to fix it for everybody, since the glitch involves using something every system can do.

Sega can actually fix this, server-side.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-31 08:10 ]</font>

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 11:10 AM
I wasn't sure if a break command would be the same as dashboarding or not....so yeah if they are then yeah this is a universial glitch and could potentially be a problem cross-platform.

Hopefully there's going to be a patch to resolve this.

wildstar
Oct 31, 2006, 11:12 AM
Is there a way to report this to Sega?

Now that there is server-side patching I would hope they could patch a prevent to this, ASAP.

I work damn hard for my synth boards and materials, and I accept the risk when I synth. It would suck for us honest players if cheaters were force-breaking their way out of failed synths and 'beating the system'.

For the record: I hate online cheaters/glitch-exploiters with every fiber of my game-playing-soul.

FenixStryk
Oct 31, 2006, 11:13 AM
Economy bug? Hmm, I don't know what it is, but I'm going to assume it has to do with player-run shops and them somehow making meseta hella fast. :/

AC9breaker
Oct 31, 2006, 11:15 AM
psu doens't have much of an economy. I don't see how this will effect the community in a negative way. Probably just cause a few all caps post by alarmist.

MaKaVeLi_X
Oct 31, 2006, 11:15 AM
Im sure its a dupe or selling items to the shop without losing it in your inventory kind of thing. How come only on xbox? Not saying that i want it but arent both games practilly the same.

Dhylec
Oct 31, 2006, 11:18 AM
With the nature of the situation, it's best to give the community & Sega a heads-up in a more descriptive way, without mentioning the method.

Being so vague doesn't help or prevent anything. Otherwise this 'news' will be treated as a rumor, or even a hoax & get locked.

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 11:20 AM
is a link ok?

Akaimizu
Oct 31, 2006, 11:21 AM
I think the official Phantasy Star Universe boards have something to send your bug reports to. They'll get right on it as well.

If you use the Bug report link, from that page. Sending it directly to them, you can post all about it. You may be able to also post it on their Technical support forum, as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2006-10-31 08:22 ]</font>

FrogKicker
Oct 31, 2006, 11:25 AM
If this is true someone should post it on the official boards so they can get on it. I busted my rump making a 5* halbert yesterday( it succeeded WOOT!) and I'll be damned if these punks take away from my hard work.

Mixed talk over on gamefaqs so it might just be a sham. Either way, Sega should be told so they can check into it.

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 11:27 AM
Well, ok, given the mod post....

Basically, there's a way now to be able to guarantee yourself 100% chance to create any item with your PM...no matter how low of a percent chance you have. As stated I'm not going to go into how, but by doing this, you will potentially see alot of otherwise hard to build items and rares floating around then should be and also an increase in said items being for sale in Player Run shops of people who do this glitch. Gamefaqs has been talking about this at some length and can be found at this post:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=932621&topic=31450454

This seems to as of now being focused on the 360 community....but based on a previous post from someone here, it seems that it's potentially possible to do it on any platform (though there's only confirmation on the 360 atm).

edit: oh yeah and for sure I'm going to post this on Sega...to get them to fix this, hope alot of others do as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-10-31 08:28 ]</font>

ProfessorZ
Oct 31, 2006, 11:31 AM
The saints row clothes bug was fixed this one will be too

wildstar
Oct 31, 2006, 11:35 AM
Thank-you, AngelLight. Please DO let Sega know.

Numnuttz
Oct 31, 2006, 11:44 AM
hmmm thats interesting. first time i heard this but maybe they did fix it already. there was a update when i logged in about 20 mins ago. but it looks like all that was changed was the universes. all of tehm have 1 star now except universe 1.

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 01:25 PM
This is going to sound dumb, but I went to Sega's site and I can't find the Bug Forum (just got back to work to check only now). Does anyone know where to post this?

Sorry for asking.....dont normally frequent the Sega Forums.

Akaimizu
Oct 31, 2006, 02:05 PM
It wouldn't be on Sega's site.

It would be on

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com

Go there. Click on the flag of your country.

Then click on Message Boards, located on the left. (you may have to scroll down to see it)

The Support Section forums are on the bottom.

Or if you want to post to them directly. The bottom option of the
bar to the left, on the site has a Contact Us in the Support Section.

If you click that, you will get an online form for which you can fill the details of the bug and post it to them.

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 02:13 PM
awesome ty

KirinDave
Oct 31, 2006, 02:22 PM
Maybe it needs a crash. I have yet to find anything resembling a "deal" in nearly any shop.

For example. I can purchase Neu Wood at a vendor for 150m, but I find it in player shops for 199, 200, 500 and even 1000m. I searched by item and didn't find even one place where it was a break-even price. I have repeated this excercise with a dozen common synth materials hoping to find people willing to cut the price 10-30% and still make more than vendoring it, and inevitably it's all more expensive.

And lots of people sell weapons at what I'd call "absurd" prices. Maybe they aren't absurd, but they are certainly not market driven. Anyone who thinks a Sabra with dark element is worth 2k needs their head examined, even if it is ground twice.

As far as I can tell, if anything this may shock the market into a price drop, and hopefully things will start resembling their actual value.

Akaimizu
Oct 31, 2006, 02:23 PM
You probably went to the wrong shops. Most of the ones I've seen sold at close to around 50% value. It's too easy to see what you want in a shop, and then shop at a player shop to compare.

KirinDave
Oct 31, 2006, 02:26 PM
By "wrong shops" you mean every single one that turned up on "Search By Item"?

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 02:29 PM
You need to go to my shop then ^_^

I have plenty of great things for sale and all at reasonable prices.

Check this thread out here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=124590&forum=2&0

Edit: Opps....just noticed that you're 360. I'm PC, so sorry I can't help you I'm afraid T_T

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AngelLight on 2006-10-31 11:30 ]</font>

Sev
Oct 31, 2006, 02:35 PM
I made a pretty good deal with a customer yesterday, although I'll never do it again. 3 B Rank Twin Suckers for 9.6k or so. I wanted 15k out of the deal, but he didn't have it. I would've just held it for him, but I figure if there really is Karma in this world, then maybe some good stuff will come back around my way.

That's when I found synth boards for Suckers at 1k a piece. That was a really REALLY good deal for me, because I only failed 2 out of 6 synths. It can be really hard to find deal sometimes though, I was really only researching prices when I came across those boards, other then that.... Even though we're on different platforms, I've seen the same stupid "Deals" heh.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sev on 2006-10-31 11:35 ]</font>

Diablohead
Oct 31, 2006, 02:35 PM
I thought the synth thing effected all formats? oh dear :/

I realy don't want psu to go down the pan so soon, but i'm a pc user to maybe im ok.

ProfessorZ
Oct 31, 2006, 03:28 PM
No one sells b rank ranger weapons so thats how i make my chedda

ProfessorZ
Oct 31, 2006, 04:29 PM
You don't lose the item but it always breaks

AkiraXxx
Oct 31, 2006, 05:53 PM
Lmfao, closing the game prematurely like that is a great way to lose all of your data. In fact its the best way to lose it. On a PC for most users if you do that, youll get a dskerror and have to run the chk system to make sure it doesnt mess up anything else.

Ryogen
Oct 31, 2006, 06:21 PM
This bug will be fixed. Dhylec, why don't you make this dissipear as I know that many of us will be going to report about this....

Ryogen
Oct 31, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-10-31 14:53, AkiraXxx wrote:
Lmfao, closing the game prematurely like that is a great way to lose all of your data. In fact its the best way to lose it. On a PC for most users if you do that, youll get a dskerror and have to run the chk system to make sure it doesnt mess up anything else.

It's all server side. Even if your 360 freezes, you are still able to get back on track.

Lnin0
Oct 31, 2006, 06:32 PM
That is lame. I cannot believe it made it past testing because the idea dawned on me the first night I synthed something. I just never tested it because I buy games to play. Seems pointless to spend money on entertainment and the to try and find an unnatural or quicker means to the end.

In this case it also spoils it for others. I liked private shops but now you have to question if you are supporting these idiots with your purchase. How do you know if they are an honest shop or not. And the fact the more people running around with cool rares makes them not so rare.

The only good thing about it is they still have to collect all the materials. At least that isn't a given.

If anyone wants to play look me up. My gamertag is Lnin0

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lnin0 on 2006-10-31 15:33 ]</font>

Ether
Oct 31, 2006, 06:44 PM
I tried this out on PC for purely testing purposes, it didn't work. Failed synth was a Trimate every time I loaded

prismsub5
Oct 31, 2006, 06:50 PM
I already heard people talking about the glitch in the beta, they called it the "kantas glitch"

Sorenia
Oct 31, 2006, 06:50 PM
On 2006-10-31 11:26, KirinDave wrote:
By "wrong shops" you mean every single one that turned up on "Search By Item"?

Well if it's a popular item it's probably selling out so the only shops you will find are the ones with absurd prices that nobody will pay.

McOwned
Oct 31, 2006, 07:12 PM
Lame. Patch ftw .....hopefully :/

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McOwned on 2006-10-31 16:13 ]</font>

McLaughlin
Oct 31, 2006, 07:36 PM
I'm not going to lie.

I'm tempted to figure this one out JUST to make my god damn Megaline >_<

Failed the synthesis THREE TIMES with a 60% chance of succeeding. You know how much of a pain it is to find Nanocarbon!?