PDA

View Full Version : Rangers have been raped.

Uncle_bob
Oct 31, 2006, 03:21 PM
So yea. I was just playing in a party with a few people. There was a newman hunter the same level as my ranger cast. (11)

His handgun was doing more damage than my rifle, what the shit? That doesn't make sense, Sonic Team. What's the reason in this? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

wildstar
Oct 31, 2006, 03:24 PM
He could have a higher ranked pistol than your rifle. Like, even though Sabra and Sava Seta are both 1-handed c-grade sabers, there's a big difference in how much damage they do. Also, what units was he using and what units are you using? There' a lot more to damage than just what level you are.

Nestahima
Oct 31, 2006, 03:26 PM
Heres what you do.

STEP ONE: Buy (or synth) a Rifle of the highest quality you can use.
STEP TWO: Add a PA. Burn for damage, Ice for SE. (I prefer ice.)
STEP THREE: Find or buy Grinder Base C/B and get the board. Synth about 5 of them.
STEP FOUR: Go grind until you run out of "very high" chances. If you have extra money, go ahead and grind until you get to "half."

I now kill about three or four enemies before Hunters even get in range.

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 03:28 PM
yeah, My bro uses a Beast Ranger and I have a Human Force, and he pretty much has to wait for me to tag everything because he rapes the monsters on Parum and Neudaiz. Mainly becasue his Rifle shoots faster than I can cast my spells. But still Rangers are as awesome if not better in PSU as they were in PSO.

Uncle_bob
Oct 31, 2006, 03:32 PM
On 2006-10-31 12:26, Nestahima wrote:
Heres what you do.

STEP THREE: Find or buy Grinder Base C/B and get the board. Synth about 5 of them.
STEP FOUR: Go grind until you run out of "very high" chances. If you have extra money, go ahead and grind until you get to "half."

Step one: You do realise how painfully hard it is to earn money this time around, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Step two: I do have a PA bound to it. It doesn't help that bullets level so fucking slow.

Step three: See step one.

Step four: See above. 8|

watashiwa
Oct 31, 2006, 03:34 PM
Rangers are fine. L2P.

Silver_Wyrm
Oct 31, 2006, 03:34 PM
On 2006-10-31 12:32, Uncle_bob wrote:

On 2006-10-31 12:26, Nestahima wrote:
Heres what you do.

Step one: You do realise how painfully hard it is to earn money this time around, right? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Step two: I do have a PA bound to it. It doesn't help that bullets level so fucking slow.

Step three: See step one.

Step four: See above. 8|

just run dragons, or save up and open shop money isnt hard to come by. Bullets will level eventually...my ahotugn hit 20 pretty fast, I carry 4 rifles and spam their shots and still cant level it fast....

KirinDave
Oct 31, 2006, 03:42 PM
On 2006-10-31 12:32, Uncle_bob wrote:

It is harder, yeah. But it's actually very cheap to make good items via synthing. Surely you've accumulated a bunch of synth crud. Go spend 1000 on a good C-Rank rifle board on Parum, pick up some spare materials that you may need, and buy a C-Rank grinder board for 300m.

Wait until you have r2 or r3 luck (r3 luck is where you have a sunburst pulsing next to your name).

Synth the gun, then go grind it on Parum. You can make a weapon better than a B-rank gun for less than 2000m if your luck is good. Believe me, it makes an amazing difference. At level 7 with standard gear, my Foie did 100 damage. Now, with my upgraded staff, it does 220+, and I only have 4 grinds on a 3 star staff.

That's probably what they did, and it's what you should do too. Surely you can make 2000-3000m. You can make about 1000 just by running the two C-rank Linear Line missions, and it goes much faster once you can solo on Parum.

Make a point of leveling it. Believe me, I know how you feel. Leveling resta is not fun.

Kuya
Oct 31, 2006, 03:55 PM
I have a +6 Yohmei rifle (2k Brahoh I think) which beats out the B ranked (8600 Yohmei rifle) by quite a bit. Grinding and gear help a lot to even out characters.

Neith
Oct 31, 2006, 04:17 PM
Rangers being nerfed is great. They were overpowered in PSO anyway http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif