PDA

View Full Version : A Fed Up Force...

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 31, 2006, 03:46 PM
I'm sick and tired of it! Every damn time I join a party, and do more damage than everyone else, I yet again get no items. The moment that I start picking up some after I get kills, I'm automatically called an item-whore. I've been kicked out of a game 3 times now because I tried to get my fair share of items, which usually only totaled out to 4 or 5, while all the other box whores head straight for my items that I deserve, getting MY Relic Edge's, MY De Ragan's Tail, MY Inverter Circuit. I'm tired of it!

Here's my ultimatum, share your damn items, or no heals, no help, nothing from me. Otherwise, I'll be making my own games from now on.

wildstar
Oct 31, 2006, 03:47 PM
Make your own team, set the loot system to "Order" and your problem is solved.

KirinDave
Oct 31, 2006, 03:49 PM
Yeah. I've found myself forced to do Order for normal items, and random for rares. People can be really unreasonable.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 31, 2006, 03:50 PM
It seems no one wants to join a shared game! People avoid it like the plague!

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 03:51 PM
Honestly, they need a Master Looter option in this. I was kind of surprised that they didn't do such an option. But yeah, I only join games where loot options are anything but "finder"....save yourself the pain and do the same (or make your own games up to cover yourself).

Russ2576
Oct 31, 2006, 03:53 PM
Indeed. Make or only join games with it set on even distribution. It really is the only way to go, which I learned the hard way.

Been playing online since Sunday with friends, but yesterday I joined a random game since no one was on. I'll be damned if I didn't have to practically fight to pick up anything. On top of the normal greediness, a lv20(we were all lv10-12, 1 14) comes in and really starts snatching everything up.

I will never play on "Give Finder" again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Russ2576 on 2006-10-31 12:54 ]</font>

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 03:54 PM
not at all. I actually have to put up a password everytime I want to solo. If it is me an my bro and we forget to put up a password it is game over. I think more ppl prefer to do runs with normal items set to order and rares set to random. It makes ppl play a heck of a lot better and they can consistently get S ranks on missions because they are not running into a middle of a mob to grab an item. Yet there does not seem to be a remedy for the meseta issue. I run after meseta more than I do for items in "give to finder" games.

Elleranda
Oct 31, 2006, 03:55 PM
Isn't meseta automatically shared?

Russ2576
Oct 31, 2006, 03:57 PM
I'm pretty sure Meseta is counted among the auto distribution. I know I've come out of a mission with more Meseta than I what I actually picked up, not counting the rank tally.

Mystil
Oct 31, 2006, 03:57 PM
Haha..heh. I experienced this with my first *full* party. Didn't really effect me since I've soloed for the last 6 hrs of my playtime and netted so much junk but damn, they dissappear before they get finish materializing @_@.

Ryna
Oct 31, 2006, 03:58 PM
I strongly dislike playing in 6-player teams with the "finder's" option. Picking up items becomes an unenjoyable race. That is why I vastly prefer the other distribution options.

AngelLight
Oct 31, 2006, 03:59 PM
There are Item Whores a plenty in PS games, O, U, or otherwise. Even with no master looter, having anything other then "Give Finder" is a huge improvement.

AndrewLD16
Oct 31, 2006, 04:08 PM
Make your own game

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 04:09 PM
I do not think that the meseta is shared. This is not WoW... everytime I do a run with my bro he always gets more money. That is because my greedy other half always picks up more meseta than I do. If we do a Parum run all the way to the dragon, he will have somewhere around 2200+ meseta where I have constantly had 1500-1800 meseta http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Disastorm
Oct 31, 2006, 04:15 PM
meseta is set in random/order as well (unless its in give pick up person mode)

Rider
Oct 31, 2006, 04:15 PM
I heard somewhere that meseta counts as an item. So if there is two people and if 300 and 100 meseta drops. One will get 300 and the other will get 100 if it's set to give out items in an order.

AndrewLD16
Oct 31, 2006, 04:17 PM
On 2006-10-31 12:54, Ryoga4523 wrote:
not at all. I actually have to put up a password everytime I want to solo. If it is me an my bro and we forget to put up a password it is game over. I think more ppl prefer to do runs with normal items set to order and rares set to random. It makes ppl play a heck of a lot better and they can consistently get S ranks on missions because they are not running into a middle of a mob to grab an item. Yet there does not seem to be a remedy for the meseta issue. I run after meseta more than I do for items in "give to finder" games.

If you forget to set a password when setting up the game, you can always do it when the trial starts.

Shango
Oct 31, 2006, 04:32 PM
As a hunter I learned quickly on that a good way to bait in FOs to join my team is to set loot to order or random while 99% of the hunters in a mission run it as finder. I personally prefer order so everyone has a (close to) equal number of items distributed among them. I feel a lot better when I scoop up things that drop close to me knowing that FO back there will get some loot too. Since the meseta is questionable, I only pick up my share of meseta drops (1/2 in duo, 1/3rd in trio etc)

PJesus
Oct 31, 2006, 04:47 PM
I love to duo with forces as a Beast Hunter. If you're on 360, my gamertag is PJesus. Hit me up and we can have a game with even item distribution.

Gavin_King
Oct 31, 2006, 05:19 PM
I only play in games where it is random/in order... When I set up my own game I put normal and random items on In order... I think it's the most fair, and most enjoyable. Racing after and becoming a ninja looter is not fun for me.... it changes a teamwork game into a solo adventure.

Oh and for the record, money is treated as a regular item. So it is fairly distriubuted, but not evenly distributed.

Meaning if you don't get as much money as your teammates, you have more individual items... Now whether those items are worth more than the money is completly random, but it's still the most fair way avaiabile in the game.

AeraLure
Oct 31, 2006, 05:25 PM
I also only play Random or Set to Order. 99% of open games I see are on Give to Finder so I simply dont join anything lol. I need to go looking for some fellow PSO-W-ers I imagine, and do recommend that also to the OP. That or create open games with the settings to either Random or Set to Order.

Vhex
Oct 31, 2006, 05:27 PM
On 2006-10-31 12:46, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:
I'm sick and tired of it! Every damn time I join a party, and do more damage than everyone else, I yet again get no items. The moment that I start picking up some after I get kills, I'm automatically called an item-whore. I've been kicked out of a game 3 times now because I tried to get my fair share of items, which usually only totaled out to 4 or 5, while all the other box whores head straight for my items that I deserve, getting MY Relic Edge's, MY De Ragan's Tail, MY Inverter Circuit. I'm tired of it!

Here's my ultimatum, share your damn items, or no heals, no help, nothing from me. Otherwise, I'll be making my own games from now on.

Stop complaing, and only join teams with rare share on.

-Break-
Oct 31, 2006, 05:29 PM
That is why there are the drop setting features...I prefer non-rares set to in order, and rares set to random

Mercury777
Oct 31, 2006, 05:35 PM
Meseta IS distributed in order as a normal item. I've tested it out personally. I've had my team mates pick up Meseta while I was looking at my invetnory, and my Meseta count went up as they picked it up. Covnersely, I've checked my count just before nad jsut after I picked up a Meseta drop myself, and my Meseta didn't go up, but one of my team members said his did. We went out of our way to test it because none of us knew for sure. Now we do. And so do you.

Yoiyami
Oct 31, 2006, 05:44 PM
Always make your own party and set the distribution options to your liking. I rarely ever join parties, most of them have the "Give Finder" option. That way, when an item whore joins, they'll be doing the entire party a favor by going out of their way to snatch items AND they miss out on exp. You'd be surprise how many people don't notice what the distribution options are set to, they just assume they're being smart by grabbing everything while everyone else is distracted. XD

Very amusing.

Shrevn
Oct 31, 2006, 05:45 PM
Like about 20 people have said already join random or order rooms... basically im a ranger i dont wanna deal with having to run up to the circle to pick up loot thats ridicolous let the nubar hunters do it for me i just take it in the inventory http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif kthnxbye

Yachiru
Oct 31, 2006, 05:49 PM
Yeh, Force has always been my least favorite job, but I love it in PSU. All you gotta do is set the item distrubution to "In Order." Not that hard. >_>

Wheatpenny
Oct 31, 2006, 05:50 PM
Yes random/order is awesome,especialy when loot ho's jump in not realizing it then they grab a rare and are like WTF I graped that why did you get it?OMG I was laughing for 15 minutes when that happend.

Lnin0
Oct 31, 2006, 06:10 PM
I was a hunter in WoW and understand your pain. You contribute a ton but have to stay so far back from the action you can't grab loot.

I always look for groups that set to something other than 'finders keepers'. I hate playing with the loot ninjas and if there is one then everyone has to do it if they want to get anything.

The best is Random Rares and Ordered everything else.

I like rares on random just because you don't see enough in a mission for ordered to make its way around. Random at least gives everyone a shot at the couple rares you find a mission.

It really changes the team dynamic and makes playing so much more enjoyable than when you are with the loot ninjas. People actually FIGHT the mobs and help each other out leaving the loot for after things settle down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lnin0 on 2006-10-31 15:15 ]</font>

Wallin
Oct 31, 2006, 06:17 PM
On 2006-10-31 12:46, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:The moment that I start picking up some after I get kills, I'm automatically called an item-whore.

How ironic... you get called an item-whore by a hunter leader (I'm assuming that's gotta be the class it was) who didn't want to set loot to Order or Random so they could get more loot themselves.

HolyWizard
Oct 31, 2006, 06:18 PM
I don't think I've been in a party with any setting besides "give finder." I pretty much just expect that with a 6 person party, I'm just not going to make that much money if at all. Unfortunately, because everyone else is greedy, I am always on the look out for meseta drops. This doesn't mean I will run into 8 mobs to get destroyed(I'm a force), but I try to do it at soonest convenience. When I'm dying for money, I'll go to a lower level instance which I can solo or duo and I make money that way. Either way, I'm finding ways to get by so far.

However, I think I will start scenarios with order for items and random for rares. It seems like a good idea.

Wallin
Oct 31, 2006, 06:18 PM
On 2006-10-31 15:10, Lnin0 wrote:
I was a hunter in WoW and understand your pain. You contribute a ton but have to stay so far back from the action you can't grab loot.

Not to be rude, but, the loot system in WoW isn't the same at all, so that doesn't really make you empathetic, LOL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Flamingo99
Oct 31, 2006, 06:20 PM

You sound like a spoiled brat. If your so much better than everyone, solo, make games with a "order" loot system, or make a new damn character like a Hunter so you can get what drops. My main is a Force, and I get plenty of items. Either your attacking way too far back, or you think you deserve every freaking drop on the map.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-10-31 15:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Flamingo99 on 2006-10-31 15:26 ]</font>

_Deliverance_
Oct 31, 2006, 06:21 PM
On 2006-10-31 15:17, Wallin wrote:

On 2006-10-31 12:46, MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy wrote:The moment that I start picking up some after I get kills, I'm automatically called an item-whore.

How ironic... you get called an item-whore by a hunter leader (I'm assuming that's gotta be the class it was) who didn't want to set loot to Order or Random so they could get more loot themselves.

I lol'd about that too.

Anyway, I find that setting Normal items to "In order" and Rares to "Random" is best. If you join a party with Rares on "In order" the last person in the party will NEVER get anything, because the order resets once you clear a mission. How often do you find 6 rares on a mission? I've yet to see it.

Jasam
Oct 31, 2006, 06:25 PM
We need some huge drive on Uni1 where for a day everyone makes games set to order/random and puts it in the name.
It would at least get a few more people to realise it exists, and hopefuly move it more towords the norm.

Meseta counts as a normal item, and is under that distrabution.

Order ensures everyone gets some drops, and random rares gives everyone a fair chance of getting the one or two that drop.

Kie
Oct 31, 2006, 06:26 PM
lol wow the people you msuyt play with must be total dicks are you at universe 15? if not come here allot of nice people

Numnuttz
Oct 31, 2006, 07:05 PM
because of that reaason i usually farm materails by myself. when i want to xp for easy xp i do parties. i just wish i had more time to xp than farm.

jimmer411
Oct 31, 2006, 09:53 PM
I personally HATE joining games where rares are set to anything but "give to finder"

I could care less about regular items, since the only thing that I regularly pick up in games is meseta. running to an item to get it and almost clicking it in time feels alot better than running to an item and clicking it in time just to see someone else get it.

for example, someone may leave a mate behind for someone else to pick up thats low, or just cuz they dont need it. or say you really do need it. nothing worse than picking up a dimate that can save your life just to see it goto someone else who dont need it, and now your dead.

MoNoMaTe_MoNkEy
Oct 31, 2006, 11:06 PM
Stop complaing, and only join teams with rare share on.

Yeah, wish me luck on that one. 95% of all games are give finder.

You sound like a spoiled brat. If your so much better than everyone, solo, make games with a "order" loot system, or make a new damn character like a Hunter so you can get what drops. My main is a Force, and I get plenty of items. Either your attacking way too far back, or you think you deserve every freaking drop on the map.

Spoiled brat? Now you sound like the ones who kicked me from the game. How is wanting your fair share being spoiled? And I never said I was any better than they are, just that I did more damage than they did; still doesn't mean that I'm being spoiled about it. If I was to be a hunter, like you suggest, guess what, I'd be just like them.

Also, I'm always on the front lines, so I can heal the damned Hunters. The delay is what makes it impossible to pick up the items after a cast of a Technic.

You hit the nail right on the head.

ol wow the people you msuyt play with must be total dicks are you at universe 15? if not come here allot of nice people

Hmm, would do but considering that there are only about 8 games on Universe 15, all being locked, no can do.

Killuminati
Oct 31, 2006, 11:40 PM
I honestly dont like playing in games with anything but finder. If your to lazy to open boxes then why shoould you get the items in them just my two cents.

Darkchampion3
Oct 31, 2006, 11:55 PM
On 2006-10-31 20:40, Killuminati wrote:
I honestly dont like playing in games with anything but finder. If your to lazy to open boxes then why shoould you get the items in them just my two cents.

Over time the FOs are learning to avoid your fun "Give Hunter" loot system. We are sitting in the back healing your butt, at the very least our share of the loot would be appreciated. You happen to be a melee, and in the front (ie you open boxes and pick up loot cause you are closest). The fact that I dont open most boxes has nothing to do with "being lazy" as I will open stuff people skip. It's because 1) techs are slow to cast and 2) im in the back.

Today there were 3 A rank dragon games up. 2 were give finder and had 1 force between them. The third was Set random/Set order. Had 4 forces and not a single mate was spent http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So unless you like using all of that money you ninja to buy mates to heal yourself, try sharing it on occassion. Or i guess you could just do Relics C forever so you dont take damage. Have fun with that. I'll stick with my 1450 S rank runs.

Ryogen
Oct 31, 2006, 11:57 PM
don't play parties that don't have loot set to:

Rares (random or order)
Items (order)

Jaleigha
Nov 1, 2006, 12:11 AM
Here's my solution. Don't join any games where loot is set to 'give finder. I know I won't. I put up with ones joining a game on PSO just to run through it doing nothing by grabbing boxes. So just pass over those games. I do see more and more setting the other options. It's catching on, and it seem there is still quite a few people that don't understand changing it.

Any team I join, or make will never have 'give finder'.

Sev
Nov 1, 2006, 12:21 AM
Personally, I feel bad playing Finder games... I'm just really fast with picking up items, and in all honesty, it's completely unfair to the people in the back. I like Random and Order options myself, it lets everyone focus on the game at hand. This is why you don't see so many Forces out and about, they're playing locked games. And this is why my Ranger normally runs with the Dagger/Handgun combo.

Yoruichi
Nov 1, 2006, 12:52 AM
I agree with rider, doing private games its easy for someone to end up with alot more money than the other unless its on order/random.

Lnin0
Nov 1, 2006, 01:06 AM
On 2006-10-31 15:18, Wallin wrote:

On 2006-10-31 15:10, Lnin0 wrote:

Not to be rude, but, the loot system in WoW isn't the same at all, so that doesn't really make you empathetic, LOL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Well, you are very rude (some might even say an 'ass') and quite incorrect.

I am very aware how unsimilar WoW and PSU are as a whole but in both games there are similar loot options (it is called "free for all" in WoW since you don't seem to be familiar with it).

If you get into parties with this type of loot setting it is very beneficial to be up front tanking. While those providing support from further back miss out on much of the loot.

Because I have experienced the exact same thing as the original poster I identify with and understand their situation, feelings, and motives. You might say I am empathetic, LOL. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lnin0 on 2006-10-31 22:09 ]</font>

hucast21
Nov 1, 2006, 03:52 AM
On 2006-10-31 20:57, Ryogen wrote:
don't play parties that don't have loot set to:

Rares (random or order)
Items (order)

The problem with that is when the loot ninja joins your party. They assume the option is to Give Finder, like 95% of the time in PSU. When a rare is spotted, he grabs it only to find out it's set to random.

Stupid loot ninja gets mad and purposely dies to screw everybody's S-Rank. This has happened to me 3 times now in 2 days.

AnamanaAU
Nov 1, 2006, 04:07 AM
Man, I play a hunter and I feel like an ass even taking one item.

Tahldon
Nov 1, 2006, 08:25 AM
It's automatic to me, if a person doesn't put their game on "Set to Order" then they absolutely don't want Forces.

Though, there are times where I take the risk and join anyway. I don't pick items up at all. I'm totally not wasting my time doing a rat race. I'd rather not pick up anything rather than try to make a mad dash for a monomate or even a rare.

As long as I'm doing my job keeping buddies alive to get S Rank, that's all I care about. Well.. that and leveling my spells. The items will come sooner or later.

Zabot
Nov 1, 2006, 10:25 AM
no its evenly distrobuted. a friend and i checked, we had on order, and i picked up 81 mes, he got 41 and i got 40, so it sux in 6 people parties.

Yoruichi201
Nov 1, 2006, 10:58 AM
I am a hunter and i feel bad when I try to get something beside me and a force runs up from the back. Usually, i step out of the way and let her/him get it. (however, another hunter comes and snatch it instantly.)

Kjeldor
Nov 1, 2006, 11:39 AM
Eh i pick up items off of what i kill but i dont try to item whore either like say for example me and antoher team member are fighting off 2-3 big enemys and a rare is across the room. I wont abandon him to go get it. I also always offer to trade what i get in that run with people and the items they get in that run.

SephYuyX
Nov 1, 2006, 11:41 AM
If you want items, solo, otherwise youre in a PT for EXP, not to get items.

Yoruichi201
Nov 1, 2006, 11:46 AM
On 2006-11-01 08:41, SephirothYuyX wrote:
If you want items, solo, otherwise youre in a PT for EXP, not to get items.

Very true. I am going to start soloing for material and money. Nanoblast here i come.

Kent
Nov 1, 2006, 11:50 AM
all the other box whores head straight for my items that I deserve, getting MY Relic Edge's, MY De Ragan's Tail, MY Inverter Circuit. I'm tired of it!

And what makes you so sure that you deserve all this? In case you're wondering, the "MY, MY, MY" attitude is what's making you sound like a spoiled brat.

It's your fault you joined games with people who have it set on Give Finder. Just make your own game - people are attracted to games with Forces, and even moreso if item distribution is set correctly (random for rares, order for others) - because that ensures that playing together, instead of competing for items, takes priority (to the people who realize it's set that way).

Quit whining because Hunters are closer to monsters than you are, when they die. You really just brought it apon yourself, by getting in a group with these people (who like their Give Finder stuff), in the first place.

Really, I think Sonic Team should change the default method from Give Finder to Set Random for rares, and Set in Order for normals. It'd ensure things are that much better, being that most people don't bother to change them, before starting a mission.