PDA

View Full Version : Would you look down on a Ranger if...

Ryven
Oct 31, 2006, 04:33 PM
Would you look down on a Ranger if they were using an Ice Shotty that didn't do much damage? See, I've gotten my Hunter to level 5, and currently working on the Ranger to 5. Lately though, I've been getting a lot of complaints about the damage I dish out with my Ice Shotgun (45-60). It's kind of aggrivating, because I'm actually doing the party a favor by freezing the enemies. Is this a bad thing? Occasionally I'll switch it up and use my Rifle/Handguns, but I just prefer the style of the Shotgun to be honest. So, should I switch it up to make others happy, or are they just being asses?

Saner
Oct 31, 2006, 04:36 PM
45-60 is not bad at all.

0s and 9s are pretty bad damage output.

but ya only elitists would look down on your damage output.

at least your are damaging them, which means you are tagging them for exp. even elitists should not care cause this gives them the chance to finish them off for the bonus exp.

if people are giving you trouble cause of something so simple, then don't party with those types. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

tank1
Oct 31, 2006, 04:38 PM
if people are giving you trouble cause of something so simple, then don't party with those types.

Yeah what Saner said if they find your damage a prob go to another game im sure they will change there tone when those unfrozen badguys go upside there heads.

Ryven
Yea I guess you're right. Oh well, not much more of Ranger left to go anyway. Still, at level 29 I figured I would be doing a little more considerable damage, but that's not really a Rangers forte. Thanks again.

Jiga
I don't think of Ranger as the MAIN damage dealer. There's spots where we shine and elements we add to the battle (literally), but wouldn't try to outdamage a hunter or care if I wasn't near their damage. Just pull out a spear when Da Regan starts flying. They will appreciate that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jiga on 2006-10-31 13:38 ]</font>

Merumeru
Oct 31, 2006, 04:44 PM
XD eh dont let those fools bother you, theres nothing wrong at all with changing your class and nobody should have a problem with it either

but yeah, as long as you're not doing single-digit damage, nobody worth anything should complain http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Merumeru on 2006-10-31 13:46 ]</font>

Niki
Oct 31, 2006, 04:45 PM
It's hard to look down on the game's most challenging class. Especially if it's played properly.

VanHalen
Oct 31, 2006, 05:20 PM
rangers dont do alot of damage but there really cool great friends to hunters like me back when me and my friend played PSO i think there gund are cool but i cant really play the class

VanHalen
Oct 31, 2006, 05:20 PM
rangers dont do alot of damage but there really cool great friends to hunters like me back when me and my friend played PSO i think there gund are cool but i cant really play the class as well as my friend and he cant play hunter well

Relam
Oct 31, 2006, 05:28 PM
Those guys should be kissing your butt really. I'd love it if I was with a group that was wiping up mobs in a mission to get my score as high as possible.

Kuya
Oct 31, 2006, 05:33 PM
Even 0 damage isn't 100% bad. You can still get status effects to activate http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ryven
Oct 31, 2006, 05:57 PM
Ah, the thing is, usually the people I'm partying with are quite a few levels lower than me (usually at least 5-10.) And THEY'RE the ones complaining. More experienced players haven't given me any grief, I guess it's just people newer to the genre expect huge numbers instead of damage over time, or even the status effects I can cause. My freeze works especially well, hopefully some people will begin to realize that.

Sizzors
Oct 31, 2006, 06:00 PM
On 2006-10-31 13:33, Ryven wrote:
Would you look down on a Ranger...

Never!

FenixStryk
I personally hate Shotguns due to their slow refire rate and low damage, but it does work fairly well at SEs and is very ammo conservative. If you like it, stick to it, there's nothing wrong.

Wheatpenny
Hell you could be doing 1 dmge and I wouldn't complain,you freezing the enemy makes you my new personal hero...cause I HATE getting hit.I say you cock that shotgun and spread the frozen love or would that be hate.....

AlphaMinotaux
Oct 31, 2006, 06:01 PM
On 2006-10-31 13:36, Saner wrote:

at least your are damaging them, which means you are tagging them for exp. even elitists should not care cause this gives them the chance to finish them off for the bonus exp.

i never knew this

FenixStryk
Oct 31, 2006, 06:05 PM
The person who gets the final blow gets 100% exp, but as long as you hit the enemy once, you're guaranteed about 70%.

Ryven
Oct 31, 2006, 06:08 PM
Yea, that's pretty much how I've leveled my Hunter all the way, making sure I get the last hit. But it's a little different for the Ranger, since they're not known for their great damage. I'm having a blast leveling it though, when people aren't whining about damage.

KiteWolfwood
Oct 31, 2006, 06:44 PM
I just recently started using my shotgun just so my bullets for it won't be too gimp when I can actually make a nice shotgun and grind it. I am kinda liking it. Specially going point blank and making that 45ish damage into 135 damage. Can't wait till I get my extra bullet at 11 skill.

Wallin
Oct 31, 2006, 06:45 PM
if you're doing any damage at all in a group, and not standing around or running from monsters so you can go loot boxes (I don't care what the loot order is, you can do that AFTER they're dead), or spending the every mission AFK or in town, then that's fine with me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I think you just got stuck with a bad group. Especially for low levels. "OMG, you're higher, you should be beating up everything for us!" Ungrateful brats.

HolyWizard
Oct 31, 2006, 06:46 PM
I loove partying with Rangers. The status effects kick ass. Never let anyone tell you you're worthless.

HiKeRI
Oct 31, 2006, 07:52 PM
Once the Rangers get there elite real rare weapons there will be a huge change x.o

Garnet_Moon
Oct 31, 2006, 08:08 PM
The only Rangers I look down on are the ones who use a shotgun and/or a machinegun to tag all the mobs in the room and then rush to the boxes. Item whores. Hate 'em. Especially when the items are Finders Keepers.

I'd like a fair chance at those Sol Atomizers to bump my Lv20 Strike PM up alot. :

Oh ya, also the ones who save their SUV to compete with me on who gets the most damage before the boss dies. Hate them so much. Especially when De Ragan flies right after I nano. Ya jerks. That's cheating. ; ;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2006-10-31 17:10 ]</font>

Yoruichi
Oct 31, 2006, 08:14 PM
Your damage shouldn't be a big deal, atleast you have a chance to help CC not one but multiple mobs. Once you get the bullets 11+ they get vicious, good luck!

Saigan
Oct 31, 2006, 09:22 PM
Freeze? Yes please! Why else was the FS so popular? It's damage? HA! Rangers have great potential for debilitating a group of enemies, why want them to do more damage then... you know... damage dealers? Lol.

They probably never played PSO and simply migrated from FFXI where (for some reason) Rangers were a DD class. They don't understand that you can play PSU- how you want to play it.