PDA

View Full Version : What should I hunt for in extra?

Zorafim
Oct 31, 2006, 05:02 PM
I'm nearly finished with story mode (I'm using store bought B rank weapons on ch.11), and I want to mess around in extra until I'm able to get online. I'll be using spears, dual daggers, and maybe a handgun/dagger combo for ranged attack. I'm not sure what's huntable in extra, so I'll probably be stuck with store bought weaponry. As a final set to look forward to getting, what should I look for?

MasakaWray
Oct 31, 2006, 05:07 PM
You should try and craft yourself a Svaltus Edge, the S rank Sword. You can also hunt an Extra slot item called "Whitill wings", they add cool looking white glowing wings on your back. It drops in HIVE.

There are some S rank weapons that do just drop in Extra mode though, so you should look out for those, I know I've seen some S rank dual Daggers drop off a monster in HIVE.

Zorafim
Oct 31, 2006, 05:10 PM
So, basically, get up to the hive levels and hope that something special drops? Nothing I can get to tide me over until that time?

MasakaWray
Oct 31, 2006, 05:17 PM
You can try to get all the Advanced Photon Arts in that time. You can get them by having a Partner in your party and S ranking missions. The partner will randomly give it to you after an S rank, depending on what weapons he's using.

EX: The Beast guy gives the Sword Advanced PA. Hyuga gives the Saber and double Saber Advanced PA, etc.

Zorafim
Oct 31, 2006, 05:20 PM
Hm, that should keep me entertained. Is it known what the chance of somebody giving their PA is? I've been trying since around lv5 to get the spear PA from Leo, and I'm now lv20.

MasakaWray
Oct 31, 2006, 05:21 PM
Not really sure, it took me till about level 30 to get the Spear and Sword PA.

Zorafim
Oct 31, 2006, 05:34 PM
Another thing, would having less team mates strengthen my chances of getting the PA, or will it just make getting an S rank harder? I tend to do low level runs so I can get a higher rank faster, will this lower my chances as well?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2006-10-31 14:35 ]</font>