PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change your voice?

Buddant
Oct 31, 2006, 07:12 PM
Is it possible to change your voice after character creation?

Diablohead
Oct 31, 2006, 07:19 PM
It's one thing you cannot change.

Rider
Oct 31, 2006, 07:21 PM
You can't change your proportion either.

McOwned
Oct 31, 2006, 07:37 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif big time. My little beast sounds like a tool.

Tornasu
Nov 1, 2006, 01:14 PM
damn it! My male sounds like a school girl! argggg

Retlaf
Nov 1, 2006, 01:16 PM
Ugh, that sucks when you mess something up on character creation, because then it will bug you for as long as you play. I honestly recommend restarting now. The game hasn't been out for long, and you will be much happier playing a character that you feel is perfect.

klunka
Nov 1, 2006, 01:17 PM
Are you guys hunters?

I ask because I hated my voice at first. It sounded like my character inhaled helium before going out to battle. Then I switched to Force for a while,and the laughs he let out while casting were awesome.

Anyone else notice a definite difference in the pitch of your voice when carrying melee weapons?

Ullias
Nov 1, 2006, 01:20 PM
Slightly off topic and probably asked before or has such an obvious answer that no one bothered to ask it but can you change a cast's head after char creation?

klunka
Nov 1, 2006, 01:23 PM
On 2006-11-01 10:20, Ullias wrote:
Slightly off topic and probably asked before or has such an obvious answer that no one bothered to ask it but can you change a cast's head after char creation?

No, if you picked a human face you must stick with the human face. Same goes with the robot faces.

AngelLight
Nov 1, 2006, 01:26 PM
My force sounds like a crazy loon....she laughs like a mad woman half the time I cast....the other half of the time she makes gutteral noices like she's bench pressing a ton when in fact she's swinging an 8 oz wand around in the air.

God I wish I could turn the voices off T_T

tyler2zelda
Nov 1, 2006, 01:27 PM
Hey Klunka, how's PSU working out for you? I can't get on since I have no credit card...

Anyway, why should you be able to change your face? Michael Jackson did it!

klunka
Nov 1, 2006, 01:34 PM
On 2006-11-01 10:27, tyler2zelda wrote:
Hey Klunka, how's PSU working out for you? I can't get on since I have no credit card...

Anyway, why should you be able to change your face? Michael Jackson did it!

Try this out. Check if your local mall sells those Visa Gift cards. They're technically credit cards. Just buy like a $30 gift card.

tyler2zelda
Nov 1, 2006, 01:36 PM
Umm, problem.

CANADA. I could check, but it would probably be a waste of time.

klunka
Nov 1, 2006, 01:38 PM
On 2006-11-01 10:36, tyler2zelda wrote:
Umm, problem.

CANADA. I could check, but it would probably be a waste of time.

VISA introduces gift cards to Canada (https://www.vancity.com/MyMoney/AboutUs/MediaCentre/MediaReleases2005/Nov15FirstprepaidVISAgiftcardsintroducedinCanada/)

Enjoy my friend

tyler2zelda
Nov 1, 2006, 01:42 PM
KLUNKA, YOU ARE A GOD.

klunka
Nov 1, 2006, 01:47 PM
I hear that SO often, and it never gets old.

tyler2zelda
Nov 1, 2006, 01:49 PM
Well, you are!

Jiga
Nov 1, 2006, 01:55 PM
This is by far the funniest topic I've seen so far today!

entropyboy
Nov 1, 2006, 01:59 PM
in the 360demo i had a force that laughed all the time, i hated it , luckily i got a voice i totally love for my real character.

if i hated my voice tho, i could have remade her

Liokia
Nov 25, 2006, 10:23 AM
I would love to be able to change my voice... I have a character that I really enjoy playing and would hate to have to delete him but for some reason one of his casting sounds is a donkey... dont ask me why... it didn't do it when I was creating him.... but sure enough.... hes a donkey... I partly wonder if that was some sort of smight on Sega's behald agianst.... nvm....

Arieta
Nov 25, 2006, 10:26 AM
You guys do know you can test the sound effects of voices before you pick them right? =Þ Just hit the button like 20 times and it'll go through all the battle sounds. <3 Female voice 6 for my chars.

A2K
Nov 25, 2006, 10:51 AM
On 2006-11-01 10:23, klunka wrote:

On 2006-11-01 10:20, Ullias wrote:

No, if you picked a human face you must stick with the human face. Same goes with the robot faces.

You can't change the Cast's face, however, you can change the "head type". For flesh-type faces this is hair, for the mechanical faces this is helmets/head gear.

Unfortunately it seems only the eight or so types available at character creation for this type of face are available.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: A2K on 2006-11-25 07:52 ]</font>

Liokia
Nov 26, 2006, 01:13 PM
I did test them when I was making the char... I thought it was neat because he sounded like a little evil grimlin or something lol... but never once did I hear a donkey.... one would think that that would stand out a bit... lol

Wallin
Nov 26, 2006, 04:08 PM
I had to recreate my female Force 3 times because every single one I picked she would make weird noises (every now and then she'd say, "Fee-yo!"... WTH is that? I thought at first she was trying to say Foi, which she wasn't, but it was just plain annoying anyway) or laugh like a crazy person (not that there's anything wrong with that, but it didn't fit my character's style). You REALLY have to dig around the voice test during creation to find the character's spell casting phrases, the first 5 or so you hear are primarily the physical attack ones which are completely deceiving.

When you make a Force, immediately take it into a private mission and cast spells over and over (at least 10-20) to test the voice you picked.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wallin on 2006-11-26 13:09 ]</font>