PDA

View Full Version : Rangers boring to play

Gravitom
Oct 31, 2006, 08:29 PM
I know a lot of people have a problem with Rangers because of the low damage output but I honestly have no problem with that. I usually enjoy playing a support role but Rangers really just don't have enough to do. Basically I crowd control just by spamming one button and switch out bullets based on monster resistance. My "special" attack is a different bullet that works on my regular attack and happens at random, which doesn't leave much room for strategy.

I was looking forward to getting my bullets to level 11 so my freeze hits level 3 but it was a major disappointment. When Hunters and Forces level their abilities they get different animations but my freeze looks exactly the same and is basically just better stats. I really want to like rangers but I'm getting pretty bored.

Is there anything to look forward to playing a Ranger?

Ffuzzy-Logik
Oct 31, 2006, 08:34 PM
Try mixing in some melee instead of just shooting non-stop, that should help.

It depends on the expert class you want to go for. Figunner sounds like what you would want.

Ryoga4523
Oct 31, 2006, 09:23 PM
If you did not like it in PSO, chances are you probably will not like it in PSU. I kind of like the weps the rangers get. I chose force and I normally play rangers, it is taking me awhile to get the hang of things. I also may switch back because I want to be a guntecher or protranser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryoga4523 on 2006-10-31 18:24 ]</font>

Diablohead
Oct 31, 2006, 09:27 PM
what, rangers are great fun! in your list of weapons at least have some mixed sword and pistol combos to break up any boring shooting.

eXo
Oct 31, 2006, 10:09 PM
yea im an hardcore ranger and i must admit i was pretty bummed out about the lack of special attack upgrades factor that in with the point that humans do not get any special attack like beast shapshift & androids SUV weapons and all that you have left is the same exact class thats been around since PSO dreamcast. the only exception is that the human male's gear no longer looks hardly as nice lol

FenixStryk
Oct 31, 2006, 10:26 PM
Rangers are the same as they were. What, you expect them to add some sort of gun combo? All you can do WITH a gun is shoot. With blades, you can slice, shop, stab, spin, etc... that's why there's more variety.

Guitarsmasher
Oct 31, 2006, 10:31 PM
i wish you could hit monsters with a rifle butt or pistol whip them till they bleed while hoping they give you a rare

SailorDaravon
Oct 31, 2006, 10:35 PM
I love being a ranger, and running around and freezing/burning stuff. I'm a CAST though, so I have SUV's to break it up here and there. Definetely sounds like you might want to go with a hybrid expert class.

KiteWolfwood
Nov 1, 2006, 02:06 AM
I love my ranger so freaking much. I can not imagine being anything else but my Racaseal. I even tried playing as a force and hunter and I couldn't stand it. I have my Ice rifle, Burning Dual Handguns, Earth handgun/Dagger/sword, Shock Shotgun, and a spear. Usually I am switching up weapons numerous times to take advantage of either elements or status effects or monsters AI. Strafing, running, dodging, it is a blast. Sometime if I feel lazy I can just switch to my rifle and snipe and just laugh as the mobs try to get near me as every time they take a step I freeze them in place. Or I can switch to my shotgun and just blast things away at point blank and laugh as they all are paralyzed and can't do anything to me.

Anyway what I am trying to say is ranger is not for everyone. It all comes down to personal taste.